'15 P Tommy Townsend (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Punters are weapons, I don't care what anybody says. A good one can be worth 20+ yards if he can keep it from rolling over the goal line or put the hang time on it that prevents the typical return. How many skill players on offense can you say this about..."THAT guy is worth 20+ yards on this drive"

So true I mean everyone remembers North's catch in the '13 SC game but Palardy was our MVP that day. His first 4 punts were inside the 20 and 3 of them were inside the 11 and ultimately had 2 more downed inside the 20. Then tack on his 3 field goals and heck of a game.

Reactions: 3 people
A truly Prime punter or place kicker is definitely worth the scholly every 3 to 4 years.

Games are won and lost in the kicking game.
Some other guy said something similar once...

A great "pooch" punter was Tom Hutton from the early to mid 90's. He had a good leg too but was especially good at pinning our opponents inside the 5. You bet that wins games.

Reactions: 1 person
This kind of commit is looked over, but if he's a top 5-10 punter in CFB during his time here it will be huge in winning games.

I'm sure it's already been noted, but he has a special teams 'VOL legend' last name... Saw Ricky play a few times when I was a kid...

Great get and happy to use a scholly on him. Those who say different just don't understand how important this kind of player can be.

Anyone knows if Palardy is playing anywhere presently?

Does Townsend tweet or mention Tn much? I had been wondering if Butch and staff has been keeping in contact with him regularly.

Does Townsend tweet or mention Tn much? I had been wondering if Butch and staff has been keeping in contact with him regularly.
All Vol. Don't tweet but looked up his twitter as I was curious too. He tweets about UT a fair amount, here's some pics I found too. Second pic is him and LS commit Riley Lovingood at a kicker camp

BuUdVKACAAA1Qs_.jpg

BtBa0BlCUAAdfe6.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
A punter like Townsend is always worth the scholly. I hope we see him on kickoff.

Wonder if McElwain has reached out to Townsend...

Any of our Gator residents have info?

VN Store

Back