'15 P Tommy Townsend (UT Signee 2/4/15)

It's hilarious that neither team moves on his kick offs. They know it's a touchback.

Just odd looking even on his punt and field goal the defense and offense didn't move.
Is this no touch football?
What is the deal on this odd approach to football?

It's hilarious that neither team moves on his kick offs. They know it's a touchback.

I did notice that his kickoffs were from the 40 and not the 35. Obviously, this changes some of his kicks to the goal line to 5 yards deep. Will take the 5 yards deep all day.

One of the best kickers I've ever seen on kickoffs was Mike Nugent of Ohio State. When I was at NC State (grad school) in 2004, I saw him repeatedly kick it through the uprights on kickoffs from the 30....that was impressive.

It would seem to be a scrimmage. With no live special teams. The tackle one the XP never got set. Looks like they were just lining up, and making sure that people are out there and in position, still booming tho.

Townsend is one of the most talented punters in the 2015 class. He has a huge punting leg, regularly hitting hangtimes in the 5.2-to-5.3 second range. The ball simply explodes off of his foot. Accuracy is also a strength for Townsend; he can put the ball wherever it needs to go consistently.
US Army All American Bowl | Player Roster

tommy-townsend.jpg

U.S. Army honors Boone punter Tommy Townsend as All-American - Orlando Sentinel

Reactions: 2 people
5.2 seconds, wow we will be sitting down there having a gatorade with their returner by the time it lands

Overheard this one has "once every ten year talent" at punter from elder

Punters are weapons, I don't care what anybody says. A good one can be worth 20+ yards if he can keep it from rolling over the goal line or put the hang time on it that prevents the typical return. How many skill players on offense can you say this about..."THAT guy is worth 20+ yards on this drive"

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back