'15 P Tommy Townsend (UT Signee 2/4/15)

COMMENTS: The first ranking of kickers in the 2015 class features Oklahoma commit Seibert as the No. 1 prospect. Seibert is both a placekicker and punter, as is No. 2 Drew Galitz of Rowlett, Tex. Orlando (Fla.) Boone punter Tommy Townsend rounds out the initial top five.

-Josh Hembolt (Rivals)

Reactions: 3 people
Neither 247 or Rivals shows us offering. So is he committed as a walk on.

Anyway, boom. #BrickbyBrick

Reactions: 1 person
tumblr_n7hwgpULNs1tf3gbio1_500.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Neither 247 or Rivals shows us offering. So is he committed as a walk on.

Anyway, boom. #BrickbyBrick

Good question. But the sites are usually slightly behind when they receive an offer, though 247 is much faster.

Maybe they called him to offer and he said before you hang up, add me to your 2015 class, because Butch Stones is my coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Boom! Staff doin work! Unreal to be in your second year as a HC without a winning record and do this good at recruiting. Just think how it's gonna be after we start surprising people this year. A bowl appearance would help kill it in recruiting even more. They are doing something right in Knoxville. Finally

Reactions: 1 person
Kid is from Florida and would have to pay out of state tuition to come here obviously... So my guess is he's got a scholly.

Rising senior punter Tommy Townsend of Boone High School in Orlando, Fla., announced on his Twitter account Monday afternoon that he has committed to Tennessee.
The 6-foot-1, 175-pound Townsend is ranked the nation's No. 2 punter in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class.
Townsend gave the Vols their 18th known commitment for the 2015 class and their fifth in the past three days. Four-star running back Alvin Kamara, three-star linebacker Austin Smith and four-star defensive tackle Quay Picou committed to Tennessee on Saturday, and three-star tight end Kyle Oliver committed to the Vols on Sunday night.

-Callahan

He also says he is in fact going to be on Scholarship.

Reactions: 5 people
IF his offer was legit from Colorado, I doubt he would jump all over an offer to walk-on at UT. Especially not this early. If he committed(unless he is some legacy no one has figured out yet), it would have to be on scholarship IMO.

VN Store

Back