'15 LA WR Jalen McCleskey

@RyanCallahan247: RT @JJMcCleskey: It's funny when a college coach tell me my son is to small! What do I do? Laugh? Or tell him my story! #SEC #NFL

Reactions: 8 people
Posted a 108 SPARQ rating at the New Orleans Nike Camp. Measures in 5'10" 155lbs, 4.58 40 time, 4.50 shuttle, and a 40 inch vertical.

Bring JJ in for no other reason than the Orange heart that pups orange blood through his veins,,jJ SR was lb, for ,lb the best player on the fiekld,Sure Pickens was taller but JJ was wreaking havock all mover the field EVERY game,This was back when I waqs making every game and we had plenty of talent but you couldnt get Mcleskey off the fieild,he toughed it out and gave his all,,!!

Reactions: 1 person
Everytime I look at the board and think who will be the 18-22 the coaches sign, this kid always bothers me. The kid is a legacy and has shown out at camps. Kid looks to be worth a spot, but I'm not sure he gets one unless more kids decide to leave than expected. I really hope it works out somehow so we can get this legacy in Orange.

Disappointed we couldn't get him in our orange. Loved watching his dad play. It's a catch22 having a loaded WR corps and limited scholarships. Best wishes at OK State, Jalen

Does he have an offer? Between 247 and Rivals, it only shows Tulane and S.Florida

This info came from J.J. directly (indirectly to me, I'm not an insider). From what I understand, they have extended the offer. If not, it's coming soon and he'll likely commit at that time. I'm not totally sure what the hold up is on it being public. J.J. wants him at UT obviously but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Meh......that's an easy enough work arund.

Coach to players....."Since you guys were too stupid to keep your grades up, we won't be warming up before practice anymore." :)

I agree the punishment is currently not a huge ordeal, but it still affects recruiting. If you recall, Butch had to fight against other schools using negative recruiting against UT, and we were just "near" getting hit with APR sanctions. Anything can be used against you in recruiting.

Some posts from Carlos Younger (JJ's godfather) on VQ...

Has recently been receiving heavy mail from Tennessee...and even one of the coaches from Tennessee came by the school last week. He also picked up another offer as well. But its his spring game performance is what is getting some schools to take major looks now. Had 9 catches for 205 and 4 tds in spring game. He just keeps getting better....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH4sqGna9Rg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Would he be a Vol if offered?

You are talking about a kid who grew up on it.... I think it would be hard to pass up...

He can play on the inside and outside. If you look at the film attached he is making plays doing both...

His ceiling is so high because he is just a young pup..16 years old. This spring was the 1st time he ever went to a regional or national combine and even played 7v7(he plays with the Bootleggers, maybe the top 7v7 team in South). He also won the district triple jump and never even practiced the event. Just showed up and did it......this film has made all kinds of school, maybe start to reevaluate this kid... He is suppose to be getting an initial 3 star rating from Rivals when they update them...

I think he really got confidence that he could play with anyone when he made all combine teams at Nike and was/ has been one of the go to guys for the Bootleggers 7v7 team filled with D-1 talent like Tyron Johnson , Stanley Morgan, Shea Patterson, among others.......

Its on the video. 4.49(Nike SPARQ)... ran a 4.45 at UT's camp last year.........

CB?

I think he could play it ..like his dad who played CB, S and WR during his time at Tennessee, but schools are recruiting him as a WR.....he has never played CB at high school level...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back