'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

i really hope we can get Kamara. I think that we have a good chance with his relationship with Croom, but he is the perfect back for oregon with Lemichael James leaving last year and Kenyon Barnor leaving this up coming year, he would be a perfect fit for them JMO

So is the Black Mamba who will be a super soph. For them.

You are confusing Senior Kenjon Barner with De'Anthony "The Black Mamba" Thomas who will only be entering his second year this upcoming season.

Oregon also has an incoming ('12) four-star caliber back in Byron Marshall, and has two running back commitments for '13 in Thomas Tyner, and Dontre Wilson. In spite of that they are continuing to pursue Derrick Greene, LaRay Smith, and Terrell Newby in addition to Kamara, in hopes of taking 3 at the position for this class.

Not sure he's visited UT since last summer, has he? He doesn't seem to have any interest at all in UT. Maybe he'll come to camp, that would be nice.

Unfortunately, we are facing negative recruiting by all of our competitors for all of our targets like we have never faced in 25+ years. The opposing coaches and anyone else involved are pointing to articles about Dooley's seat and the concern they would have commiting to UT.

This is the reality. The remedy is winning games this fall - it is that simple IMO. Then momentum, inertia or whatever it is called will kick-in not only for the RB position but all positions. Until then, Dooley and his staff are constantly playing "damage control" with the rising HS seniors.

As Al Davis once said, "just win baby".

Still believe we have a solid shot with Alvin. Gotta see if he visits again, but hard to know his relationship with coaches.

He holds stuff pretty tight to the chest.

Unfortunately, we are facing negative recruiting by all of our competitors for all of our targets like we have never faced in 25+ years. The opposing coaches and anyone else involved are pointing to articles about Dooley's seat and the concern they would have commiting to UT.

This is the reality. The remedy is winning games this fall - it is that simple IMO. Then momentum, inertia or whatever it is called will kick-in not only for the RB position but all positions. Until then, Dooley and his staff are constantly playing "damage control" with the rising HS seniors.

As Al Davis once said, "just win baby".

The remedy is to get players that want to play for TENN.. EVERY DAY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will win this year and all 2014's will line up to play for TENN. Don't worry about who we get this year this is a stepping stone to greater things to come. Let Dooley do what he does best. Let it go!!!!!Let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to lock down TENN. and CDD is doing that. Let him do what he does best and enjoy the ride!!!!! This is going to be a good year for TENN. Football just enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope we beat the pants off uga this year and guys like kamara, riles, mustafaa, langley, bell, dye, adams nkemdicie takes notice

MZTerry, have the coaches stayed in contact with AK? Not trying to get too nosy, but the media hasn't mentioned anything recently. If you don't want to answer I understand.

Its between UGA and Bama on this one imo. Croom in Knoxville helps y'all a good bit but I think you need a 9+ win season to reel in big names this year and I don't see that happening.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably gonna be bama on this kid too might as well move on

So, we should stop recruiting an uncommitted guy at a position of need with ties to the school because a school in our conference which already has two prospects committed at his position MAY currently lead?

We can't afford to operate under those conditions as we've got to engage in and win battles both on and off the field to be successful.

Reactions: 2 people
It's way to early to get up tight about recruiting, their will always be players go up and down the rankings between now an NSD. Players showing lack of interest now may show more later on....let it all play out. Alvin will see how us Rocky Top Rowdy's roll soon enough!

Reactions: 1 person
I know this is the wrong thread for this but apparently new people can't start threads on here. So now that the explanation for the out of place question has been given, how has Justin Hunter's rehab gone? I haven't heard much info about his recovery/ timetable to be completely healthy.

VN Store

Back