'14 TN K Aaron Medley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

This. Wilhoit tells me to listen for the deep sound thud when volatil Jr is kicking. You can tell when he hits it good or not by the sound.

Wilhoit thudded it. Palardy didn't have many kicks that sounded like bombs from fgs or kickoffs. First glance, Medley reminded me of Succup

Dont worry about Medley. His kicks looked GOOOD. They had plenty of height and distance. Going to be a solid solid kicker

Dont worry about Medley. His kicks looked GOOOD. They had plenty of height and distance. Going to be a solid solid kicker

Yep. Boy has a leg that's for sure. One thing I always worried with Palardy was how low his kicks were. So I always feared a block or yank. The two Medley misses were not bad at all; just slightly too far left.

On a brighter note, after the game Aaron went over to the VOL fans holding up their huge UT flag and gave them his UA arm bands from the game. He's all vol and wants to make every kick more than anyone else but that's not going happen. If you find one that does, call the coach ASAP.

I'm not too worried about him. He's got the talent and will be fine.

He's probably never going to get the Cade Foster treatment from volnation. But, as all kickers do, will need thick skin at some point time in the next few years. Props to you for having it too, pop. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
"Even though he had a new snapper and holder, one that had never done the job before, Medley placed the missed 40-yard and 36-yard field goals on his shoulders.

"I just pulled it a little bit, little details. I've just got to work on it and fix and I should have it done by the spring," Medley said. "I'm not too worried about. I was here to have fun and it's been a great experience."

Medley added he will go straight back to working on trying to secure a job next season kicking or punting."

-VQ

Absolutely perfect response.

Reactions: 4 people
I thought the don't f it up remark was a vn joke. Do people really think Dooley actually said that?

FWIW, the "Don't Eff It Up" thing came from something Fuad Reveiz said on one of the postgame shows one week. Fuad stated that "don't eff this up" was what Dooley said to Palardy several times prior to kicks. I make no judgement on whether Fuad's statement was true, but that's where it grew out of.

As for Medley...I'm glad he looks like he just needs a few little adjustments to get sighted in rather than somebody that needs 2 years of practice just to learn proper form.

Darr and Bullock? Medley is the most important recruit in this class.

Ease up on the reins there… In actuality, there are a bunch of recruits in this class that are the most important. It is what it is, because of what our current roster looks like.

Reactions: 2 people
Ease up on the reins there… In actuality, there are a bunch of recruits in this class that are the most important. It is what it is, because of what our current roster looks like.

I've seen kickers make a difference too many times. Whether its punting, kicking, or teeing off.

I've seen kickers make a difference too many times. Whether its punting, kicking, or teeing off.

I'm not saying Medley is the most important recruit this cycle, but people do tend to underestimate the importance of having a great kicker/punter. Unfortunately, even coaches do.

You did not fully read my post. I am saying that he is not just the single most important recruit. Due to our roster, there are many in this class that are the most important. That is how critical this class is to our program over the next few years.

Ryan Callahan @RyanCallahan247

Elite, in-state long snapper @wesleyhorky leaning toward #Vols after official visit

Elite long snapper Wesley Horky of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., says he's leaning toward Tennessee following his official visit with the Vols this weekend.
govols247.com @govols247

Bet this is what his tweet was about.

VN Store

Back