'14 TN K Aaron Medley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

All i know is I heard a thud when made the Fg attempt and it was a thud I've been wanting to hear. Sounded and looked to me like he explodes thru the ball. Just pulled it a tad. Just like in golf, take a slight pull over a shank everyday.
Yeah on his XP, too.

He's got a great leg.

Here come the VN morons. Lay off the kid. If you have ever watched this game then you would know kickers always have a tough time. No worries. Damn.

Reactions: 1 person
Just a little insight from a former football player who also had kicking responsibilities. The relationship between place kicker, snapper, and holder is instrumental to the success of the unit. The timing of the snap, placement, and hold takes a long time to synchronize. Then you add in the specific tilt of how each individual kicker likes their ball held, and it makes it even more intricate. When you go to allstar games, all of that is thrown out the window. You can try to get all of that down in just a few practices, but it is very tough. Especially if the coaches keep changing the personnel. I have no worries about Medley from what I have seen.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: 4 people
On a brighter note, after the game Aaron went over to the VOL fans holding up their huge UT flag and gave them his UA arm bands from the game. He's all vol and wants to make every kick more than anyone else but that's not going happen. If you find one that does, call the coach ASAP.

Reactions: 4 people
On a brighter note, after the game Aaron went over to the VOL fans holding up their huge UT flag and gave them his UA arm bands from the game. He's all vol and wants to make every kick more than anyone else but that's not going happen. If you find one that does, call the coach ASAP.

I'm happy to have him. That 40 was long enough for 55. He's not perfect, but he's 17/18.

You can't miss those, but Aaron knows that. I'm not worried. Get all the misses out now I suppose.

"Medley said the two kicks were just bad kicks and little fundamental things he had to correct. He didnt' seem to worried with what they were."

-Fort

All i know is I heard a thud when made the Fg attempt and it was a thud I've been wanting to hear. Sounded and looked to me like he explodes thru the ball. Just pulled it a tad. Just like in golf, take a slight pull over a shank everyday.

This. Wilhoit tells me to listen for the deep sound thud when volatil Jr is kicking. You can tell when he hits it good or not by the sound.

"Even though he had a new snapper and holder, one that had never done the job before, Medley placed the missed 40-yard and 36-yard field goals on his shoulders.

"I just pulled it a little bit, little details. I've just got to work on it and fix and I should have it done by the spring," Medley said. "I'm not too worried about. I was here to have fun and it's been a great experience."

Medley added he will go straight back to working on trying to secure a job next season kicking or punting."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back