'14 TN DB Todd Kelly Jr. (UT Signee 2/5/14)

After what has transpired since Kiffin... I'll believe it when I see it. Hubbs has been dead on the entire time. That tweet is ambiguous as they come. It mentions nothing of the Vols. Here we go trying to spin it so it's positive for us.

I read it as he wants to handle recruiting the right way. Could he be talking about the fans as in TN fans? Sure he could be. He could also be talking about ANY fans of ANY team he is considering playing for. I like our chances with this kid.

i don't really care either way. And it's not like I'm attacking the kid either.

But I think people are looking for too much in a spur-of-the-moment twitter post a year ahead of the actual signing date.

If he signs, great. If not, it happens...especially looking at how rough our schedule will likely play out next year.

But these are 17-18 year olds, most of them are bound to change their minds at some point or another.

But the fact is these kids read crap on here and twitter and they do form opinions. We need this kid as badly as Bell and I can assure you bad posts stick in the forefront, why not act like a true fan of this kid and support him. I am.

After what has transpired since Kiffin... I'll believe it when I see it. Hubbs has been dead on the entire time. That tweet is ambiguous as they come. It mentions nothing of the Vols. Here we go trying to spin it so it's positive for us.

You know good and well what he means by it. Quit playing devil's advocate you fade route wannabe.

Reactions: 3 people
You know good and well what he means by it. Quit playing devil's advocate you fade route wannabe.

Please buddy. Just like Bell was a given to UT? Come on. We automatically assume this kid is a Vol because of his connection/location to Knoxville, yet I can spend hours typing all the recruits we have missed in the last 10 years with exact similar qualifications. It's the vicious cycle that has got us all in trouble. HUBBS is right, and continues to be. This kid is no where near a lock to UT like everyone likes to think. UNTIL he signs that LOI, he is as good as gone.

F*** Vonn Bell....all he is now is an Ohio State P.O.S.......saying. His heart is a VOL but this was a business decision......he can take his heart and ass to OSU and stay there forever....as far as I'm concerned he isn't welcome back......he turned his back on us so I'm turning my back on him.....

Reactions: 3 people
Todd Kelly for team captain 2014. We need a leader son and we all know that you will answer the call.

I really hope TKJR really reconsiders his stance on waiting this out and enjoying the process. I know it's selfish of me to think that way but we could use him coming on board to boost this signing class. If we jump out early we can build on that momentum.

I would love for him to grab a spot in this class early as well, and to be honest, he's going to be such a good recruit, that he will still get to enjoy the process if that's what he wants. Schools are not going to stop recruiting this guy just because he commits...that being said, if he and Wharton turned into commits in the mold of Austin Sanders, I wouldn't be upset one bit.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love for him to grab a spot in this class early as well, and to be honest, he's going to be such a good recruit, that he will still get to enjoy the process if that's what he wants. Schools are not going to stop recruiting this guy just because he commits...that being said, if he and Wharton turned into commits in the mold of Austin Sanders, I wouldn't be upset one bit.

Just because he committed early wouldn't make us any less proud on nsd.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought you have to wait until NSD for the loi

You do. They've discussed having an early signing period too but has never taken off. I think the window to sign closes at some point too but I may be wrong. If a kid didn't sign he theoretically could just show up in the fall and sign scholarship papers. Sort of like Omari Phillips did this past fall after FL released him.

Just because he committed early wouldn't make us any less proud on nsd.

I absolutely agree. I was just sayin that just because he committed early, it wouldn't preclude him from enjoying all the perks of the recruiting process. It would likely throw VN into a frenzy every time he went on a visit though. Haha.

In the end, I just hope TKjr is a VFL like is old man.

VN Store

Back