'14 GA OL Orlando Brown (Signed with Oklahoma)

I honestly don't care the story, there's very very few reasons to EVER hit a woman.... Worst case scenario.

Absolutely agree. Like I said I don't even think you should beat on substantially smaller dudes *unless* they give you reason/present a threat - some can but most don't stand a chance.

Fights should be fair, imo. And if someone is incapable of really hurting you it's just not right.

I will never be able to understand why some men abuse women. Their excuses kill me too. "She deserved it she's so annoying she wouldn't quit yada yada" Well if it's that bad just end the relationship you dumbass POS.

What are u talking about? Is Oklahoma not college? I'm just saying the standards should be universal for all competitive conferences, and not just the SEC having a disadvantage.. I'd like to see all the leagues have our standards, honestly.

I'm with you there.

So in a round-about, backwards sort of way you're condoning men hitting women if they are hit first?

Sounds kinda thuggish to me, but I'll ask you since you're the pro in that department.

If she's beating the crap out of you, then you don't have a choice. I'd say use the full nelson or another type of hold.

I will never be able to understand why some men abuse women. Their excuses kill me too. "She deserved it she's so annoying she wouldn't quit yada yada" Well if it's that bad just end the relationship you dumbass POS.

Agreed, abuse in a relationship is terrible. I go haywire if I see that ****.

If she's beating the crap out of you, then you don't have a choice. I'd say use the full nelson or another type of hold.

So you're saying you don't have a choice to hit her back? Nonsense.

Take the Ray Rice and Joe Mixon posters off your walls. There is never a scenario where hitting a woman is acceptable. None. Anyone can walk away from a situation, that's men included. Keeping a 4 ft distance from anyone will prevent you from getting punched.

Reactions: 3 people
So you're saying you don't have a choice to hit her back? Nonsense.

Take the Ray Rice and Joe Mixon posters off your walls. There is never a scenario where hitting a woman is acceptable. None. Anyone can walk away from a situation, that's men included. Keeping a 4 ft distance from anyone will prevent you from getting punched.

Walking away is the best solution. I don't hit women either though. I'll start back tracking and say I was a loony.

I've never hit a woman, and I'm 99.99% sure I never will(because I wouldn't unless I had to defend myself or a loved one from eminent danger). I will say that I don't agree with some of the statements being made about there never being a reason to get physical with a woman or a man significantly smaller than you, especially on the grounds that they can't do damage to you. I used to train MMA, and at 6'1" 220lbs I wasn't huge, but I wasn't small either. I sparred with guys significantly smaller than me all the time that could whip my ass. I'm talking about 5'6" guys fighting at 155lbs. I never sparred with any women because I don't feel comfortable with that, but I guarantee there are plenty of women out there that can do significant damage to full grown men. The people I'm talking about were amateur or semi-pro fighters too. This was a hobby for them, not a job. I find it really hard after that to take anything for granted on the street (I'm a really relaxed guy who can take some insults and walk away because I for the most part simply don't give a damn what some idiot I don't know has to say. Point being I don't think I'm a badass and I'm not out looking for trouble), and if I ever think something is about to go down I'll keep my distance and maybe even my hands up even if the person is way smaller than me. I'm not letting someone throw the first punch or get a free shot at me, because even if they aren't a fighter they can get lucky and land a KO shot, and if they are a fighter, that's what they train to do. Plus I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube of women putting one-hitter quitters on men. Again, I don't condone, and pretty much never would, hit a woman, or be a bully (except to a bully because I hate bullies with a passion), but I disagree that women and smaller people don't pose a threat with their bare hands (and feet, elbows, heads, knees, etc.).

Reactions: 1 person
Unless the women is trying to kill you there is no reason to hit a woman. If she was coming at him he just has to grab her and hold her until a bar bouncer shows up to take her away

I've never hit a woman, and I'm 99.99% sure I never will(because I wouldn't unless I had to defend myself or a loved one from eminent danger). I will say that I don't agree with some of the statements being made about there never being a reason to get physical with a woman or a man significantly smaller than you, especially on the grounds that they can't do damage to you. I used to train MMA, and at 6'1" 220lbs I wasn't huge, but I wasn't small either. I sparred with guys significantly smaller than me all the time that could whip my ass. I'm talking about 5'6" guys fighting at 155lbs. I never sparred with any women because I don't feel comfortable with that, but I guarantee there are plenty of women out there that can do significant damage to full grown men. The people I'm talking about were amateur or semi-pro fighters too. This was a hobby for them, not a job. I find it really hard after that to take anything for granted on the street (I'm a really relaxed guy who can take some insults and walk away because I for the most part simply don't give a damn what some idiot I don't know has to say. Point being I don't think I'm a badass and I'm not out looking for trouble), and if I ever think something is about to go down I'll keep my distance and maybe even my hands up even if the person is way smaller than me. I'm not letting someone throw the first punch or get a free shot at me, because even if they aren't a fighter they can get lucky and land a KO shot, and if they are a fighter, that's what they train to do. Plus I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube of women putting one-hitter quitters on men. Again, I don't condone, and pretty much never would, hit a woman, or be a bully (except to a bully because I hate bullies with a passion), but I disagree that women and smaller people don't pose a threat with their bare hands (and feet, elbows, heads, knees, etc.).

I agree with most of this but not what you're saying about not giving someone a free shot if you mean you'd attack first. I don't think you should sit there and take a punch from anyone but I don't think you should preemptively punch them. I was taught how to block and how to step/move so as to make people miss and wear themselves out.

Aikido is freaking awesome for someone like me - I'm tall but lanky so you can definitely use your weight against me if it becomes a punching or grappling game but Aikido teaches you to use the energy/momentum the person puts out by throwing that punch to lead them away using their own force, or if need be, hurt them (pain wise) or in extreme cases pop a joint (I mean you can injure people with it - break bones and stuff) but the goal is avoid injuring unless absolutely necessary - you make them quit and someone who is good at it can make almost anyone just quit. It has the added benefit of driving people nuts because you can just keep moving them out of the way like they're a little kid regardless of how big or strong they are. Eventually, most will get so tired they'll just quit and say how the 'heck did you do that?'

For me it's a matter of whether or not someone presents a real threat but I'm not ever going to beat on someone smaller and weaker than me unless he/she poses a real threat to me. Now if it's some strong wiry dude who weighs a buck 8 then yeah that's a real threat but the buck 8 guy who isn't strong or trained or throwing punches I'm gonna walk away from - if he hits me or takes a swing then he poses a threat and things change. Hope that makes more sense to you.

Sad that your definition of white Knight is not punching a woman

I was taught to never ever hit a woman under any circumstance and held that belief close. My ex wife took full advantage of that once clawing my face so bad I had to take a weeks vacation from work. Still I never hit her. The last straw was when she put a dirty mop in my face as I had just gotten home from work and just started on an Arby's roast beef sandwich. After three years of this garbage I had had enough and responded with a roast beef fast ball right in her face cheese sauce included. My living room looked like a crime scene. I left with a smile and never blinked. My only regret is not punching her out the first time she wanted to man up.

Always treat a lady like a lady and when they want to act like a man and physically assault you...Don't take it.

Reactions: 9 people
So Orlando Brown beat a woman and pinned it on Mixon? :huh:

Leave Brown out of it, this isn't his thread...Staying on topic, and in accordance with the broad assumptions that everyone else seems to be making about mixon's situation, some of you have obviously never experienced the wrath of a woman scorned. Chivalry goes out the door sometimes if her 'crazy'comes out.

Thus imho, self defense can be a very legit claim against an angry female. That being said, I have no idea what happened in said altercation and dude might have seriously crossed the line. Continue...

I was taught to never ever hit a woman under any circumstance and held that belief close. My ex wife took full advantage of that once clawing my face so bad I had to take a weeks vacation from work. Still I never hit her. The last straw was when she put a dirty mop in my face as I had just gotten home from work and just started on an Arby's roast beef sandwich. After three years of this garbage I had had enough and responded with a roast beef fast ball right in her face cheese sauce included. My living room looked like a crime scene. I left with a smile and never blinked. My only regret is not punching her out the first time she wanted to man up.

Always treat a lady like a lady and when they want to act like a man and physically assault you...Don't take it.

I'm not saying I would have hit her with a roast beef sandwich...but I understand.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back