'14 GA OL Orlando Brown (Signed with Oklahoma)

That is why I said "IF" what I read is accurate. I read probably 6-7 different articles about it last night. What you just posted would be the 1st time I saw something saying she did not touch him.

You really think some tiny girl walked up and slugged a world class athlete? That's your most believable scenario?

Reactions: 3 people
Have I heard of women getting drunk and thinking because they are a woman they can throw a punch like a man and not expect one in return? Yeah.

And they shouldn't. A woman throws a punch at a man then she deserves to be prosecuted for assault but unless she's wielding some kind of weapon then a man will walk away.

Reactions: 4 people
And they shouldn't. A woman throws a punch at a man then she deserves to be prosecuted for assault but unless she's wielding some kind of weapon then a man will walk away.

I agree. Ideally it should not happen. Am I going to award some woman some huge amount of $ because she threw a punch and was punched in return? No.

Do I think it should be different in court if it's a woman punching a man or a man punching a man? I don't. Self defense is self defense IMO. Yes, the man SHOULD just walk away. If he is punched and returns a punch should it be different because it's a woman who threw the punch? I don't think so. Lock her up for being the aggressor. Had she not thrown the punch, she would not have ended up injured.

If it plays out where the woman did nothing at all wrong, Mixon will be hung out to dry. Just have to see what actually happened.

Reactions: 2 people
And that is why I said I'd let the courts decide his punishment. I'd expect it is pretty severe IF what I read is how it happened. I stand by what I said about her "payday". If she started the whole issue and threw the 1st punch, other than medical expenses, I would not award her a dime.

Go on YouTube, type in Titus the last Noelle. Watch that episode and realize that a lot of women abuse men.

Go on YouTube, type in Titus the last Noelle. Watch that episode and realize that a lot of women abuse men.

Oh I know they do. I know I could never strike a woman as I was raised to know better. I also know that not everyone is/was raised in the same environment I was. I never like to hear about a man striking a woman at all. I also know that there are cases where the woman is 100% the aggressor and at fault. It's just hard for me to feel sorry for a woman getting knocked on her rear IF she was the one who came at the man intending harm. If you don't want problems, don't go looking for them.

JMO

I agree. Ideally it should not happen. Am I going to award some woman some huge amount of $ because she threw a punch and was punched in return? No.

Do I think it should be different in court if it's a woman punching a man or a man punching a man? I don't. Self defense is self defense IMO. Yes, the man SHOULD just walk away. If he is punched and returns a punch should it be different because it's a woman who threw the punch? I don't think so. Lock her up for being the aggressor. Had she not thrown the punch, she would not have ended up injured.

If it plays out where the woman did nothing at all wrong, Mixon will be hung out to dry. Just have to see what actually happened.

All punches are not created equal. The worst that girls punch could do is bruise something. A world class athletes punch can kill someone. You can't just say that because some puny person half your size hits you and causes slight discomfort, it gives you the right to potentially take their life.

And that's worst case scenario where she came out of nowhere for no reason, which is extremely unlikely.

Where do you draw the line? If someone isn't capable of inflicting real damage to your body, you do not in any situation have the right to inflict real damage on them. Gun, knife, bat? Sure. Puny chick with bare hands? No possible way she could have hurt him.

Reactions: 1 person
All punches are not created equal. The worst that girls punch could do is bruise something. A world class athletes punch can kill someone. You can't just say that because some puny person half your size hits you and causes slight discomfort, it gives you the right to potentially take their life.

And that's worst case scenario where she came out of nowhere for no reason, which is extremely unlikely.

Where do you draw the line? If someone isn't capable of inflicting real damage to your body, you do not in any situation have the right to inflict real damage on them. Gun, knife, bat? Sure. Puny chick with bare hands? No possible way she could have hurt him.

You can say all of that, but until you know the entire circumstances, you're just blowing air. Chivalry is all well and good, but provoking violence shouldn't be protected since some women will do it because they know the law protects them.. And who's to say she had any idea who he was? Maybe she didn't or maybe she did and thought she'd get herself an Oklahoma payday. You're absolutely just jumping to conclusions. They may turn out to be true, but if she provoked it, she deserves legal repercussions as well.

Take a punch from Julia Mills, worlds strongest woman one time, and tell me it won't knock your brain out. Some girls would whip half of vn's asses.
If you hit somebody, you deserve to get hit back. You're just asking for it.

Here's when you know a person is completely disconnected with the world around him and has no knowledge or experience in this area. And it's the exact reason I poke fun at him. As per usual, he couldn't be more wrong about a topic.

I worked as a bouncer through college and afterwards for about 5 years. And I've seen scenarios like Mixon's from first hand experience. Drunk women cause more chaos than any guy I've ever encountered in the bar scene. At least with guys, they know it's game on if they cross that line. And that's not to say they won't ever cross it, but it allows for resolution more times than not before a situation completely unravels.

Girls on the other hand often know they have advantages and can even take liberties in these escalated situations which causes WWIII more times than not. Most of the crazy situations I have found myself trying to diffuse or even physically get involved was due to a drunk girls big mouth, taking a swing, or amping her drunk boyfriend up over some imaginary injustice(and those are just a few of many instances I have seen).

I don't know what happened with Mixon. And until more facts come out, I won't comment directly about his situation. For the record, I grew up with a single Mom and could never punch a women unless it was a life threatening situation. But I do understand why some women have been on the end of being struck. And seeing what I saw, it made it real hard to feel bad for them. If Mixon was just being a punk and hit that girl, he needs to be dealt with and have the book thrown at him. But if the girl did indeed instigate the situation and even took a swing at him, she needs to learn a lesson in respect and move on and grow as a person. I don't even like the idea of her medical bills being covered(assuming it wasn't overkill). No one should strike anyone without thinking there may be a receipt coming back their way. JMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Take a punch from Julia Mills, worlds strongest woman one time, and tell me it won't knock your brain out. Some girls would whip half of vn's asses.

I'm not saying all women are incapable of inflicting harm, but this chick was tiny, no way she could have hurt him. I'm not jumping to any conclusions, she had no weapon and she's 5'3 130lb. Those are facts. In those exact circumstances, there is no excuse to break a girls face, IMO.

So in a round-about, backwards sort of way you're condoning men hitting women if they are hit first?

Sounds kinda thuggish to me, but I'll ask you since you're the pro in that department.

Reactions: 6 people
So in a round-about, backwards sort of way you're condoning men hitting women if they are hit first?

Sounds kinda thuggish to me, but I'll ask you since you're the pro in that department.

That's what all the prior posters are saying. Guess I'm old fashioned, to me you only do that if your safety is in serous danger.

Yeah, not like it's college or anything.

What are u talking about? Is Oklahoma not college? I'm just saying the standards should be universal for all competitive conferences, and not just the SEC having a disadvantage.. I'd like to see all the leagues have our standards, honestly.

I'm not saying all women are incapable of inflicting harm, but this chick was tiny, no way she could have hurt him. I'm not jumping to any conclusions, she had no weapon and she's 5'3 130lb. Those are facts. In those exact circumstances, there is no excuse to break a girls face, IMO.

Im with u.. Joe obviously could've restrained her without seriously hurting her.. Would be like hurting a kid.

Yeah that's something I'll never teach my son. I feel girls get a pass unless there is no other way possible.

You're nuts. Unless she has a knife or gun, you don't break a woman's face.

Totally agree. This also holds true for anyone substantially smaller even other dudes unless they have a knife, gun, bar fight furniture or throw a punch. Unless someone poses a real threat to you, beating up people so much smaller isn't ok.*It's even worse when it's a woman because women's frames even when the same size (height and weight as a smaller male) can't withstand the impact of a man's punch at even remotely the same rate even a tiny man or boy can - that's just reality of how our frames are built. Women can be strong as an ox but bones/frames are a different thing. Men, even ones smaller than the women they beat, can do a lot more damage to a woman.

But you should never beat down someone smaller than you even if it's a small dude unless there's real world justification. Words aren't enough unless they say something like "I have a gun and I'm going to shoot you and you really believe that to be true".

ETA: I haven't seen anyone report she or her friend threw a punch aside from OU boards and the passed down rumor mill. Quite simply, I find it incredibly difficult to believe the story Leb is reporting.

Last edited:
Totally agree. This also holds true for anyone substantially smaller even other dudes unless they have a knife, gun, bar fight furniture or throw a punch. Unless someone poses a real threat to you, beating up people so much smaller isn't ok.*It's even worse when it's a woman because women's frames even when the same size (height and weight as a smaller male) can't withstand the impact of a man's punch at even remotely the same rate even a tiny man or boy can - that's just reality of how our frames are built. Women can be strong as an ox but bones/frames are a different thing. Men, even ones smaller than the women they beat, can do a lot more damage to a woman.

But you should never beat down someone smaller than you even if it's a small dude unless there's real world justification. Words aren't enough unless they say something like "I have a gun and I'm going to shoot you and you really believe that to be true".

ETA: I haven't seen anyone report she or her friend threw a punch aside from OU boards and the passed down rumor mill. Quite simply, I find it incredibly difficult to believe the story Leb is reporting.

I honestly don't care the story, there's very very few reasons to EVER hit a woman.... Worst case scenario.

VN Store

Back