'14 GA OL Orlando Brown (Signed with Oklahoma)

He is going to SC State. Good luck young man, I hope you take full advantage of the God given talents He has afforded you and not take them for granted. A good OT can make a lot of money for himself.

Hopefully, his work ethic will be great in the classroom as well as on the field.

Hubbs just said he won't likely sign. Sad his mom couldn't get his ass into gear.

I wonder where he was coming into the year. Sometimes its a massive uphill battle.

Edit... sounds like he had some work and he was not able to do enough to be able to sign.

Last edited:
When the rumblings about him having major grade concerns first started I tried to ignore them. There weren't a lot of sources discussing it and there were even less people discussing it on this board. Mostly I ignored it because I didn't want it to be true.

It's a shame that this kid could put so much work into changing his body, but couldn't do the same for his grades.

This is a real bummer

If he goes to the South Carolina school is it a 100% lock he won't make his way to Knoxville at some point? I don't really understand why he would do that (yeah I read his dad went there) when he could JUCO and come to KNoxville or go to another program in a couple of years....I really hate that we lost him. Makes the Robertson kid or Mosley seem more likely to switch to the OL.

Wonder if butch would give bruno reagan a shot now....maybe that ship already saied tho...sux about orlando tho kid had some skills! O well..can't wait till tomorrow...big day!! GBO!

I wish the best for Orlando, but VN needs to be glad this isn't happening to a DL commit.

Disagree strongly. The OL is going to be very thin. Hope we somehow get a good surprise on that front tomorrow for NSD---like maybe having Bruno Reagan flip to us.

Wish Orlando Brown the best though.

Sucks that he worked so hard to lose all that bad weight but couldn't do the work needed in the classroom.

Best of luck to him. Hopefully we'll see him here down the road.

Can someone explain to me the difference between post-high school Prep School and JUCO? What benefit is there to Zeus or most sought after players to choose JUCO over Prep other than getting college credits under their belts? Or am I mistaking Prep for something that can along with providing a year to season while competing in FB also help fix grades? I know a sometimes they're chosen when a player either needs the extra year to grow or has the GPA for universities but doesn't have the ACT/SAT (and honestly I've seen far too many dumasses with good standardized test scores to put stock in them).

FWIW, it's a proven fact that the more you take the ACT, SAT, LSAT, MCAT etc., even if it's only pre-ACTs/pre-SATs or unscored practice exams, the higher your score will be and honestly that advantages a certain set of helicopter parents obssessed with getting their kids into the highest rated uni's (and don't get me started on ranking universities), richer school districts that invest in providing pre-SATs/ACTs, free standardized test tutoring as well as those parents willing to pay through the nose for private test prep classes. IOW, those who've got money to burn and/or who are two generation+ college grads and understand how admissions work invest in them (ironically those investments also set the scoring scale) while regular middle class, working class, and poor parents often don't have the means or knowledge to know how important those test scores are nowadays.

But Prep Academy's play against JUCO competition so I'm not really understanding why someone would go that route unless they can't afford prep. Any idea on the benefits to JUCO over prep (other than the more obvious ones)?

Can someone explain to me the difference between post-high school Prep School and JUCO? What benefit is there to Zeus or most sought after players to choose JUCO over Prep other than getting college credits under their belts? Or am I mistaking Prep for something that can along with providing a year to season while competing in FB also help fix grades? I know a sometimes they're chosen when a player either needs the extra year to grow or has the GPA for universities but doesn't have the ACT/SAT (and honestly I've seen far too many dumasses with good standardized test scores to put stock in them).

FWIW, it's a proven fact that the more you take the ACT, SAT, LSAT, MCAT etc., even if it's only pre-ACTs/pre-SATs or unscored practice exams, the higher your score will be and honestly that advantages a certain set of helicopter parents obssessed with getting their kids into the highest rated uni's (and don't get me started on ranking universities), richer school districts that invest in providing pre-SATs/ACTs, free standardized test tutoring as well as those parents willing to pay through the nose for private test prep classes. IOW, those who've got money to burn and/or who are two generation+ college grads and understand how admissions work invest in them (ironically those investments also set the scoring scale) while regular middle class, working class, and poor parents often don't have the means or knowledge to know how important those test scores are nowadays.

But Prep Academy's play against JUCO competition so I'm not really understanding why someone would go that route unless they can't afford prep. Any idea on the benefits to JUCO over prep (other than the more obvious ones)?

They just explained it over in the Dews forum, basically it's called a Post Graduation Program. Places like Hargrave Military, ATL sports academy, etc. They play against JUCO teams, and some D2 and D3 JV programs. It also allows guys to guys time to fix grades or what have you, without their eligibility clock running.

All we know is that Brown had academic work to do. SCSU is not a juco, he apparently has the grades to get in there as opposed to here. He could go the JUCO to SEC route, but he would use some eligibility.

Dews has been cleared by the NCAA Clearing House. He's not going to prep school because of grades. He wants to go to UT but we don't have a scholly. Dews will enroll in Jan. and still have his 5 years to play 4.

Wonder if butch would give bruno reagan a shot now....maybe that ship already saied tho...sux about orlando tho kid had some skills! O well..can't wait till tomorrow...big day!! GBO!

I was thinking that as well. I figured Bruno would be a good option in the event we missed on someone. After thinking about it, maybe that was why the addition of Jashon Robertson. IMO they are very similar recruits and if the staff has known all along Brown was in trouble grade wise, adding Jashon when they did may have taken Brown's spot then, we just did not know it until now.

Last edited:
Vickers, Mosley, and Robertson can all play offensive line. It’s not like they are one helmet coming off from playing a walk-on freshman. Their entire two-deep is on campus right now.

Reactions: 2 people
Plans were to redshirt and develop him anyway...Coleman Thomas is the one earmarked for early playing time at right OT,GUARD and CENTER...future depth took a hit..nothing immediate.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back