'13 JUCO DT Toby Johnson

Per 247, Johnson is visiting March 28th. CP & him are roommates at HCC & they are best friends. CP has been talking Tennessee up to him. He also said our new GA Brandon Staley is a father figure to him & that they are also real close. Sunseri is wanting him as a DE. He wants to commit somewhere before his season starts. He is on track to be a EE.
A father figure at age 30? That's just weird.

Still don't understand why people still attempt to convert the players we're recruiting to what they would've played in a 4-3.

*shrugs*

Johnson is a monster.

Per 247, Johnson is visiting March 28th. CP & him are roommates at HCC & they are best friends. CP has been talking Tennessee up to him. He also said our new GA Brandon Staley is a father figure to him & that they are also real close. Sunseri is wanting him as a DE. He wants to commit somewhere before his season starts. He is on track to be a EE.

Charlie sheen approves of this post

For the recruiting gurus where do you think Johnson and Combs will ranked as far as stars, not trying to be a star gazer.

These connections sound pretty tough for any school to beat. His former roommate/best friend and father figure are now at Tennessee. Absolutely no clue what will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he commits on the 28th.

Johnson is completely open to all the schools recruiting him, but he's hearing a lot from Tennessee. He'll soon get a first hand look at Rocky Top and he's looking forward to a crash course on the orange and white.

"Right now I don't know a whole lot, but I hope to learn more next week when I visit during my Spring break," Johnson said. "I'm coming up on Wednesday and I'll be there through Friday morning. I know CP and Steven Fowlkes having played with those guys. I've seen them play growing up because they are in the SEC."

Another reason Johnson likes Tennessee is his relationship with the Vol staff. He's grown close with wide receivers coach Darin Hinshaw and likes what he hears from new Vol defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri.

"I like coach Hinshaw and coach Sunseri," Johnson said. "Coach Hinshaw is a players coach. He's always trying to pick guys up. When you talk to him, he's just to catching up with you and it's not all about football. He wants to see you succeed outside of football because he wants you to do well in life."

Both Hinshaw and Sunseri have been pushing early playing time to Johnson. They obviously are pushing the right buttons with instant field access near the top on Johnson's priority list.

"It helps them a lot," Johnson said. "The team I plan on committing to needs to have early playing time. Knowing they need help is going to be a factor. I want to get on the field right away."

"I want to commit by the end of the Summer," Johnson said. "I want to find a place that offers early playing time. I want a place that feels like home and the players and coaches are like family."
-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
I like adding these impact juco guys every year. Having Johnson, McCullers, Sentimore, Couch, 3rd year J.Williams, O'Brien, 3rd year Saulsberry, 3rd year Carson and T.Taylor would be a lot better than recent years. I also think J.Carr will get some PT his first year(he's a big boy).

Looks very favorable for the VOLS in Johnson's recruitment. We need to take some JUCOs every year at least on the Defense.

Let's add Herron too if nobody minds

I really wanted to. I think it'll be hard to keep guys the size of Herron and Carr off the field for us. We're trying to get big on the field and if we could have those two(if they prove good enough if they come here) on the field with McCullers, Sentimore, Johnson(hope he's good enough too) and Couch we wouldn't be pushed around a lot up front. Plus factor in Trent Taylor and O'Brien we'll be solid against the run. I'm still worried about LBs.

VN Store

Back