'13 JUCO DT Toby Johnson

This guy's first step is lightning fast for his size. Where does he fit in a 3-4 defense? Seems between a 4-3 DT and a 3-4 DE in my completely unprofessional opinion.

Thanks, Phil. I'm sure that I'll catch some hell for this, but he reminds me of Dwight Freeney. It's odd to see someone with that frame have such fast twitch movement.

He's no where near like Freeney man. I don't even see anything make me remind me of Freeney. Johnson is good though. Not Freeney good but good.

"I'm wide open with no leaders," Johnson said. "I'm looking for somewhere where it will be like family and I can come in and contribute to the team and play right away. And somebody that's going to help me get to the next level."
Johnson will be a December graduate, and he will have three years to play two seasons of college football. He wants to have his college destination known before his sophomore season kicks off.

"I'm going to commit before my season starts."
-Rivals.

Shall be an interesting summer with this one since he want's to try and commit before his season starts

I like the juco DTs we're trying to bring in. Couch, McCullers, and Sentimore will really help with juco linemen if they produce for us this year.

We might have another connection to Toby Johnson, looks like Dooley has hired Hutchinson C.C. Defensive Coordinator/Linebacker Coach Brandon Staley as a Graduate Assistant. Staley will help coach OLB's for the defense, while Defensive Coordinator Sal Sunseri will coach ILB's.

We might have another connection to Toby Johnson, looks like Dooley has hired Hutchinson C.C. Defensive Coordinator/Linebacker Coach Brandon Staley as a Graduate Assistant. Staley will help coach OLB's for the defense, while Defensive Coordinator Sal Sunseri will coach ILB's.

Great news..

Per 247, Johnson is visiting March 28th. CP & him are roommates at HCC & they are best friends. CP has been talking Tennessee up to him. He also said our new GA Brandon Staley is a father figure to him & that they are also real close. Sunseri is wanting him as a DE. He wants to commit somewhere before his season starts. He is on track to be a EE.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back