13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
994173.jpg

From South Carolina game. Staff has been in contact for awhile.

Kipp Adams

Ridgeland High School has recently sent football standouts to Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma State and South Carolina, and the program will likely continue that tradition in 2013. Junior defensive back Vonn Bell made the first-team All-State selection with a school record 180 tackles, 119 solo, two tackles for loss, five interceptions, five fumbles recovered, three fumbles returned for touchdowns and three forced fumbles. Those stats go along with 37 rushes for 280 yards and five touchdowns, and 31 catches for 487 yards and six touchdowns after Bell transferred in from Central-Chattanooga High School in Tennessee with his mom, who teaches at Ridgeland.

Bell had hoped to get exposure against the high-level talent in the Peach State in order to earn offers to play in the Southeastern Conference, and it looks like he was successful.

“Every Friday there are great teams in Georgia competing, so it has helped me step up my game and get closer to becoming the type of player I can be,” Bell said.

Region 7-AAA defensive player of the year
Georgia Sportswriters Association 1st team all state
AP First team all-state
AJC honorable mention all state

Loves Tennessee, lifelong fan. Has a lot of friends that go here or play here. Wants to get his commitment over with soon. Great student. Will probably commit when Tennessee offer comes. Offer will come soon IMO. May very well be our next commit for the class of 2013.

Fail

My brother in law coaches at Heritage and watched him play a few weeks ago. He said he is the best HS player he has ever seen in person. He also said he is very interested in UT.

Heritage High School in Maryville? LOL, last time I checked that school averaged 1 win a year. While I was in school Heritage literally had 2-3 wins over a 4yr period. Can't put much stock in a coaches opinion from that school. Sry, no offense man,

Heritage High School in Maryville? LOL, last time I checked that school averaged 1 win a year. While I was in school Heritage literally had 2-3 wins over a 4yr period. Can't put much stock in a coaches opinion from that school. Sry, no offense man,

Heritage High School in Ringgold, Georgia. Not much better as far as success goes, but irrelevant nonetheless.

Wrong School.

But what would it matter anyway. There are tons of people on this board and in the recruiting world that comment on a player being good, great, bad, or anything that aren't football coaches (which is fine), but because somebody coaches at a school that doesnt have a good program they don't know anything about how good a football player is?

Wrong School.

But what would it matter anyway. There are tons of people on this board and in the recruiting world that comment on a player being good, great, bad, or anything that aren't football coaches (which is fine), but because somebody coaches at a school that doesnt have a good program they don't know anything about how good a football player is?

That is a great compliment from any high school coach... Especially in a state like Georgia

12 games...15 per game on a pretty good defense with some other good athletes.

I figured the 180 tackles were recorded in more than 10 games. But that is still very impressive. And you are right. The most impressive thing is he recorded all these tackles playing on a playoff-caliber team in GA with some other above-average defensive players as well.

I've seen guys average 17 or 18 tackles a game in HS, but it wasn't quite as impressive because they either played weak competition or were on a really bad team that had no other defensive athletes.

I figured the 180 tackles were recorded in more than 10 games. But that is still very impressive. And you are right. The most impressive thing is he recorded all these tackles playing on a playoff-caliber team in GA with some other above-average defensive players as well.

I've seen guys average 17 or 18 tackles a game in HS, but it wasn't quite as impressive because they either played weak competition or were on a really bad team that had no other defensive athletes.

Most of those types are LBs too. Not ball hawking safeties.

Most of those types are LBs too. Not ball hawking safeties.

That's debatable. In most cases, LBs lead teams in tackles. But I've seen Defensive-Ends and Safeties also lead their team in tackles. Especially on the HS level.

On the HS level I don't think it matters as much as to what position you play to make a great number of tackles. If you take a great ATH that has a nose for the ball he is going to make tackles. Doesn't matter if he is on the DLine, a LB, or in the secondary.

And some defenses are designed for the safety to make most of the tackles. My old high school runs a version of TCU's 4-2-5 and safety always makes the tackle. Or misses it... No matter who the safety is that year. Just how thw D is designed.

Wrong School.

Yes. Who's opinion would you value more, George Quarles or some dude that coaches for a 2-8 football team? Just the world we live in man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back