13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kipp Adams ‏@KippLAdams

ESPN 150 DB Vonn Bell just let me know #Tide head coach Nick Saban is visiting with him right now.

He was at Madison Academy in Huntsville earlier today to check in on a 2015 and 2016 recruit. He spoke with their coach.

This is the in home that I was talking about with Vonn from 1/14/13...

Am I mistaken, or was Saban also in home on 1/17/13?

Reactions: 1 person
I guess since I live in Chattanooga and about 10 minutes from Ridgeland High School.....I want Von Bell more that anyone. Would just hate to lose him to Saban or Meyer....come on Von....be a Vol!

I live on hwy58 harrison. Bell went to Central high school first and transfered the Ridgeland. I would really like to see him in orange and white to....

Losing Bell to Bama would hurt but with Randolph and McNeil holding it down for at least the next year we won't be in too bad of a shape.

Losing Bell to Bama would hurt but with Randolph and McNeil holding it down for at least the next year we won't be in too bad of a shape.

Not knocking on you, but posters on here completely write off B.Moore. The guy had 5 int this year and the one against Aaron Murry that he took to the house was nasty. Obviously he has work to do, but he has all the physical tools to excel and just needs half way decent coaching.
Edit: but I more than 2nd that we need Bell.

Last edited:
Not knocking on you, but posters on here completely write off B.Moore. The guy had 5 int this year and the one against Aaron Murry that he took to the house was nasty. Obviously he has work to do, but he has all the physical tools to excel and just needs half way decent coaching.

His piss poor tackling hurt us 10x more than anything we ever gained from his interceptions. If we are stuck trotting out a safety that can not tackle we are in trouble.

His piss poor tackling hurt us 10x more than anything we ever gained from his interceptions. If we are stuck trotting out a safety that can not tackle we are in trouble.

He was a highly sought after recruit coming out of HS. Maybe the new staff can get these kids to focus on tackling this spring. I think we may be surprised at just how much talent is actually on the roster currently when we see it coached well.

Reactions: 2 people

A very fixable problem. I'm also rooting for Moore because he is a good kid. I've seen and talked to him around campus. I see him on a daily basis going to class as well.

He was a highly sought after recruit coming out of HS. Maybe the new staff can get these kids to focus on tackling this spring. I think we may be surprised at just how much talent is actually on the roster currently when we see it coached well.

I believe you're spot on here. Just look at the change in the OL and RBs in one year. They finally had excellent coaches and improved tremendously. The cupboard certainly isn't as bare as it was three years ago. Even adequate coaching will make the defense look a completely different unit.

That interchangeable safety stuff was some of the dumbest BS I have ever heard/seen. Here is to hoping that settling in to a traditional safety spot will help him and others.

I believe you're spot on here. Just look at the change in the OL and RBs in one year. They finally had excellent coaches and improved tremendously. The cupboard certainly isn't as bare as it was three years ago. Even adequate coaching will make the defense look a completely different unit.

I disagree. UT could have markedly below average coaching and they will look like a completely different unit...

You are completely overstating what Sal brought to the table in 2012.

I disagree. UT could have markedly below average coaching and they will look like a completely different unit...

You are completely overstating what Sal brought to the table in 2012.

:lolabove: Ok, ok good point man. Just color me optimistic I suppose. But you're right, he was atrocious.

A very fixable problem. I'm also rooting for Moore because he is a good kid. I've seen and talked to him around campus. I see him on a daily basis going to class as well.

Meh, I don't see it as being a very fixable problem in his case. It is not like all the coach has to do is work on technique with him, a coach would have to completely change his mentality. It has been discussed since his recruitment that he plays soft. I root for all Vols, but just don't see it with him. Hope he proves me wrong though.

In home was on Monday. Could have had a bump another day if that's what you are showing here.

You're right, I misread TW's post. They were going to visit Foster and Kamara, but since it was posted in the Bell thread I got confused. My B bruh.

Willie Martinez met with Vonn Bell earlier in the week as Tennessee continues to work him and try and show him love as he's expected to visit next weekend. Also of note, both Nick Saban and Urban Meyer have used their in-home visits while Butch Jones still has his and we expect him to meet with the Bells early next week in preparation of his official visit.

You can talk to 10 different people about Bell and find 10 different opinions. Some say Alabama missed their opportunity, some say Ohio State is the team to beat right now, while others still say he's taking the process slowly. All that matters for the Vols is to get him on campus and get in the fight, because all 10 would say they are third right now.

VQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back