13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Bell picks Bama will it be a bigger upset than Lamar Dawson and USC?

I don't think so. If I recall correctly, much of VN didn't think Dawson would really go out west due to the distance. I get the impression that most here feel UT has been coming from behind on Bell since the coaching change. VN didn't feel like Dawson was in the bag but was certainly in more "control" as opposed to how things sit with Bell.

BTW, I don't think anyone has thanked Dools in a while for the situation with Bell...

Reactions: 1 person
Guy I work with his wife works at Ridgeland High and said Bell showed up at school yesterday covered in Bama gear. TIFWIW.

Now I don't know if this guy is effen with me because he is a Bama fan or if he is telling the truth.

The only upset will be if Bell picks UT. How can picking Bama be an upset if they're the favorite?

I wasn't trying to be an azz about Bell. Just remember most saying some of the samethings about LD being a VFL fan(iirc).. then him picking SC and board went into meltdown.

Guy I work with his wife works at Ridgeland High and said Bell showed up at school yesterday covered in Bama gear. TIFWIW.

Now I don't know if this guy is effen with me because he is a Bama fan or if he is telling the truth.

I heard when he was asked if this meant he had decided on Bama, he replied he wanted to get some use out of the gear before it became good only for yard work...

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be an azz about Bell. Just remember most saying some of the samethings about LD being a VFL fan(iirc).. then him picking SC and board went into meltdown.

Meltdown is a bit extreme, HG. I only recall a minor spike in suicides and the alcoholism rate in the Knox area only ticked up about 5%.

So how is Dawson doing does anyone know? Is he a starter? Haven't heard anything about him since he back doored it to USC.

So how is Dawson doing does anyone know? Is he a starter? Haven't heard anything about him since he back doored it to USC.

I saw him on the field quite a bit the few times I watched any of USC games. I believe he was starting by the end of the year, but I could be mistaken.

I'm not sure if he has any regrets about UT since they struggled so much this year, but you can't help but wonder if he wishes he wasn't anywhere near the same time zone as Kiffy...

Bell picking Alabama is the upset.... some people are really out there. UT somehow coming from behind to sign him would be the upset. Big upset at that.

Bell picking Alabama is the upset.... some people are really out there. UT somehow coming from behind to sign him would be the upset. Big upset at that.

Unfortunately that is the case right now. Hopefully one day soon there will be no question where a top recruit in our back yard who grew up a UT fan will sign.

How so?
I consider Bell a Tennessee player being recruited by his home state Univ. Dawson's from KY, and although many had believed he would choose Tennessee I believe loosing Bell to Alabama is the bigger upset of the two.

How so?
I consider Bell a Tennessee player being recruited by his home state Univ. Dawson's from KY, and although many had believed he would choose Tennessee I believe loosing Bell to Alabama is the bigger upset of the two.

Bama and osu have been in the lead for a while. We swirl he'd staffs also. I think us getting him would be an upset.

"Vonn is still sitting by the phone just waiting to pick Tennessee when that offer comes". Oh wait, that was 10 months ago. I questioned it then, and am not surprised at all it has played out this way.

Dawson told our coaches he was signing with UT per our most reliable poster. Plus, it was between UT and another school for most of his recruitment. USCw kind of came out of nowhere with Dawson. They came into the game really late, but Kiffin worked his magic.

I think Bell would be the bigger upset because of his ties to UT. But, like most recruitments followed on VN, his liking for UT was overblown. Over the past couple of months, it's been known that Bama was coming on strong for Bell. Also, lots of sources are reporting Bama leads for Bell, and it's been that way for a couple of weeks. But, at the end of the day, the people who are informed know that it's not that big of an upset, at all. Bama is the NC 3 of the last 4 years, and Saban is the best with DBs. No one can argue that.

Reactions: 2 people
Dawson told our coaches he was signing with UT per our most reliable poster. Plus, it was between UT and another school for most of his recruitment. USCw kind of came out of nowhere with Dawson. They came into the game really late, but Kiffin worked his magic.

I think Bell would be the bigger upset because of his ties to UT. But, like most recruitments followed on VN, his liking for UT was overblown. Over the past couple of months, it's been known that Bama was coming on strong for Bell. Also, lots of sources are reporting Bama leads for Bell, and it's been that way for a couple of weeks. But, at the end of the day, the people who are informed know that it's not that big of an upset, at all. Bama is the NC 3 of the last 4 years, and Saban is the best with DBs. No one can argue that.

Yea Dawson had to be one of the more nutty turn of events, ever.

Coaches being involved, rumors of Ogre being at his house the night before NSD etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back