'13 FL RB Tarean Folston

At this point lets get this guy on board and roll.. he seems underrated. Who is to say he isn't as talented as Kamara or Dye?

Folston (#16) and Dye (#17) are just one spot apart on the Rivals website. So, they seem to be comparably ranked. I would be ecstatic to have either and definitely agree that we need to lock-up a high level running back quickly. I do not want to be left without a proverbial seat when the music stops.

Folston (#16) and Dye (#17) are just one spot apart on the Rivals website. So, they seem to be comparably ranked. I would be ecstatic to have either and definitely agree that we need to lock-up a high level running back quickly. I do not want to be left without a proverbial seat when the music stops.

I like Dye a little more, but I'd be happy with either. Careful using recruiting service rankings on here though, people will make fun of you and call you names if you rely on them too heavily :)

I like Dye a little more, but I'd be happy with either. Careful using recruiting service rankings on here though, people will make fun of you and call you names if you rely on them too heavily :)

You are definitely right and I appreciate the warning. The stars are everything versus the stars are worthless or trust the coaches' evaluations debate is one of the most repeated and inane arguments on this board. I don't claim to be a grand talent evaluator and I think the stars and offer lists are somewhat helpful in evaluating the expected contribution level of the recruit (though there are certainly high ranked busts and there are certainly diamonds in the rough). The recruiting sites, to me, frequently reflect the amount of high level interest in the player and, while there is certainly some bias, they do a decent job predicting collegiate production overall. Somehow, according to some on this site, Dooley and Sal are capable of finding players that are all underrated as they see things no other coach sees. I think it remains to be seen if they're the greatest talent evaluators in the world or whether they're getting who they can right now. It is admittedly early in the process and some of UT's commits may move up or down the rankings. Regardless, Folston seems like a nice player and I hope we can get a solid player that is widely recognized as such.

I would say it is POSSIBLE that Dooley and company are finding underrated guys at a higher rate than others. That is a far cry from saying they are doing it. At this point, Dooley's future at UT depends on this being true. He has to hope that they 3* guys that make up a significant part of his foundation are better than the recruiting sites thought.

FWIW, has anyone else seen "Moneyball"? That is also possible in CFB. It isn't necessarily one guy's talent or even production but also how well all the players compliment each other. It isn't theory... it worked to make Oakland competitive with one of the lowest payrolls in MLB.

Fortunately, if UT's staff can use the same idea then it won't cost anyone any more than if they get all 5* players... maybe less.

Yeah because it would really stink to have a RB on the roster who stays out of trouble, works hard, and has proven that he can gain over 1000 yds in the SEC, right?

Theres no reason a starting rb shouldnt go over 1000 yards. Thats only a little over 80 yards a game. When you start 12 games and have UK, Vandy, Mtsu, cincy, ut martin, and forget the other easy ooc game we had then well over 1000 really should be expected.

Not sure why Folston doesn't get the love on here like other RBs. I would be beside myself if he commits personally

I agree. Hes a top 250 guy with nice size and 4.4 speed. Olus hes from Florida and has a very good GPA. Would take him in a heartbeat.

Theres no reason a starting rb shouldnt go over 1000 yards. Thats only a little over 80 yards a game. When you start 12 games and have UK, Vandy, Mtsu, cincy, ut martin, and forget the other easy ooc game we had then well over 1000 really should be expected.

Watch our offensive line in the running game the last two years?

Watch our offensive line in the running game the last two years?

I have. Just saying those are terrible teams and there were plenty of times there were huge holes and Poole either missed the holes with his terrible vision and ran up the backs of his linemen, made it through the hole and was tackled by the Neyland turf or was tripped up by a finger from the defensive players. Yes we have had OL problems but also starting backs with no vision and very soft.

Not sure why Folston doesn't get the love on here like other RBs. I would be beside myself if he commits personally

He's higher on the coaches' board than most think. There are RBs discussed on here ad nauseam that are not takes over a guy like Folston.

VN Store

Back