'13 FL RB Tarean Folston

Ive changed my mind a few times on Folston.

I would definitely love to have him as one of the 2 RBs in this class.

I cant remember the last long TD run from scrimmage by one of backs

Wish we could take 3 RBs this cycle. I want to revamp the backfield personally.

Lane can stay but the others outside of Watson as the utility player can go. Neal needs to be playing WR. I won't get started on DY at RB.

I wish we could take Turman, Green, and Folston or Kamara. We need some true backs that'll hit the hole. And we definitely need a homerun guy like Turman or Kamara. Last one we had for real was Coker(such a waste).

I think it's a real possibility they end up taking 3 RB's. I'd throw Williams in there with those other RB's. D. Williams is coming in for the Bama game on his OV. Green, Turman and one of Folston/Williams. Kamara would be great but I just don't see it happening.

I think it's a real possibility they end up taking 3 RB's. I'd throw Williams in there with those other RB's. D. Williams is coming in for the Bama game on his OV. Green, Turman and one of Folston/Williams. Kamara would be great but I just don't see it happening.

I just like Kamara. Don't think we'll pull him. If he was part of a Green and Turman trio we would rival any RB pull in the country including Bama. Oh well just a pipe dream. I like Folston and bit more than Williams(who I think ends up at SCAR).

Wish we could take 3 RBs this cycle. I want to revamp the backfield personally.

Lane can stay but the others outside of Watson as the utility player can go. Neal needs to be playing WR. I won't get started on DY at RB.

I wish we could take Turman, Green, and Folston or Kamara. We need some true backs that'll hit the hole. And we definitely need a homerun guy like Turman or Kamara. Last one we had for real was Coker(such a waste).

Totally agree but as long as the current offensive philosophy stays in place (i.e. Chaney), I don't see it happening..

I've been saying that Folsten is a guy that intrigues me. He plays like a mini-version of Marshall Faulk. He is a dual threat to run and catch out of the backfield.

Probably the Poole TD against Bama in 2010.

Poole against bama and Oregon, IMO

Poole against bama and Oregon, IMO

Such a gap in time has really got to make you wonder what's wrong with our run game. Poole and now Neal get a lot of blame but you can't tell me the line consisting of walk-ons in 09 and the line made of predominantly freshman in 2010 were able to pave the way for back to back 1,000 yard rushers and our current line can't make a push against Akron. Now I know Hardesty was a stud but that doesn't explain 2010. Something is wrong up front; strength, scheme, I don't know.

Such a gap in time has really got to make you wonder what's wrong with our run game. Poole and now Neal get a lot of blame but you can't tell me the line consisting of walk-ons in 09 and the line made of predominantly freshman in 2010 were able to pave the way for back to back 1,000 yard rushers and our current line can't make a push against Akron. Now I know Hardesty was a stud but that doesn't explain 2010. Something is wrong up front; strength, scheme, I don't know.

Mentality, toughness, expectations, Finesse OC...........

Scheme.. If we get Green we will see a lot more running with the qb under center and a lead blocker and/or double tights sets.. Hard for the type of backs we have now to run out of these sets I think. They do look improved to me though.

Scheme.. If we get Green we will see a lot more running with the qb under center and a lead blocker and/or double tights sets.. Hard for the type of backs we have now to run out of these sets I think. They do look improved to me though.

Glen Coffee ran the power play for Bama. Our backs can too......It's on the coaches.

I think it is scheme. Maybe not, I'm not an expert on OL technique by any means. I've always liked man blocking over zone but again, I don't really know all too much about it.

I know depth has been short at TE so the double-tight sets haven't been as frequent as we would like to see, but honestly, why hasn't an OL subbing in at TE (Bullard) been able to add the extra push?

I think it is scheme. Maybe not, I'm not an expert on OL technique by any means. I've always liked man blocking over zone but again, I don't really know all too much about it.

I know depth has been short at TE so the double-tight sets haven't been as frequent as we would like to see, but honestly, why hasn't an OL subbing in at TE (Bullard) been able to add the extra push?

Because our team should be just lining up slaughtering teams. Our OL is full of talent and experience. That zone stuff is for an undersized unit. We can line up and punish people with the guys we have. But the head man has got to set the tone. Can Dooley do it? We'll see......

Totally agree but as long as the current offensive philosophy stays in place (i.e. Chaney), I don't see it happening..

I think Dooley would like to be balanced which UT isn't now. An elite RB would help fix that and especially if Neal or Lane develop into someone to compliment that RB. RB is one of the few positions where a Fr can come in and be very effective if they're good enough AND where getting an elite player changes your whole offensive approach.

IOW's, if UT gets a Lattimore type of runner then there's no question they become a more run oriented team. They become balanced which only helps the WR's that have been brought in.

My hope is that UT gets 2 or 3 quality RB's with at least one being a horse. But they also need a FB and a couple of SEC ready TE's to go with them. Losing Clear was a much bigger deal than I thought at the time.

I think Dooley would like to be balanced which UT isn't now. An elite RB would help fix that and especially if Neal or Lane develop into someone to compliment that RB. RB is one of the few positions where a Fr can come in and be very effective if they're good enough AND where getting an elite player changes your whole offensive approach.

IOW's, if UT gets a Lattimore type of runner then there's no question they become a more run oriented team. They become balanced which only helps the WR's that have been brought in.

My hope is that UT gets 2 or 3 quality RB's with at least one being a horse. But they also need a FB and a couple of SEC ready TE's to go with them. Losing Clear was a much bigger deal than I thought at the time.

!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad Dooley hired CJG.. You can definately see his influence on our current RBs.. I'm not to sure we had a chance at a big time back until he made this kind of hire..

thats my point. what other SEC school has that big of a chasm between Long TD runs...

its very disturbing especially when you factor in our exceptional RB tradition

No arguments here. Especially when Poole, one of our lesser backs, did it against two top 5 teams that year. That is Tennessee football. We are overdue.

No arguments here. Especially when Poole, one of our lesser backs, did it against two top 5 teams that year. That is Tennessee football. We are overdue.

Tell Neal to stop looking for the sideline on his outside runs. Haven't seen him run with authority yet. Needs to run like he's hungry. May need to bench him he looks too comfortable.

Tell Neal to stop looking for the sideline on his outside runs. Haven't seen him run with authority yet. Needs to run like he's hungry. May need to bench him he looks too comfortable.

If they insist on keeping him as the starter then he needs to learn from Lane and run like him.

Neal is the type of back I'd love to see coming to the edge. Straight breakfast on the sideline.

I don't know why Chaney can't get him the ball on edge. He could be used out of the backfield in many ways and be very effective. ATP, he's not the back that's going to be able to pound a front like UGAs.

VN Store

Back