'13 FL RB Tarean Folston

Can we clone Earl Campbell or Jamal Lewis? That's what I want in the backfield..

I know, I don't want much....

Reactions: 1 person
Can we clone Earl Campbell or Jamal Lewis? That's what I want in the backfield..

I know, I don't want much....

I see your wants and raise you a Jay Graham. I miss that style of running. One step and go, crush anyone in your way, and outrun those that aren't.

Recent quote from a 247 article.........“I don’t have no time period for it,” Folston said of a possible commitment. “It’s still like the same ones like Notre Dame, FSU, South Carolina, teams like that.”

I am beginning to think that these players do not want to play in Chaney's system. Especially when you line up 3rd and 1 in the shotgun and loft the ball down field. They want to play in a system that is at least balanced with the running game.

I can not think of any other reason why they would not come here. We have a top RB coach, top program, big stadium, lots of academic and administrative support.

What else are we lacking?

We threw the ball 41 times and rushed it 39 times...seems pretty balanced to me. I do agree about not lining up in shortage situations and ramming the ball down their throat. I think we will more often from here on out and call on Marlin to do it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
I am beginning to think that these players do not want to play in Chaney's system. Especially when you line up 3rd and 1 in the shotgun and loft the ball down field. They want to play in a system that is at least balanced with the running game.

I can not think of any other reason why they would not come here. We have a top RB coach, top program, big stadium, lots of academic and administrative support.

We dont pass on every 3rd and 1.

We threw the ball 41 times and rushed it 39 times...seems pretty balanced to me. I do agree about not lining up in shortage situations and ramming the ball down their throat. I think we will more often from here on out and call on Marlin to do it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Good call.

I'll continue to say, we are playing to our strength on offense. If we begin to pop off 5 or 6 yards a carry on a consistent basis, you better believe we will run the ball more.

The same ones who complain about not running it enough would kill Chaney if he continued to push it with little success while we have potentially 3 first rounders involved in our passing game. :crazy:

Maybe they don't want to thinly about it during their senior year. Maybe they want to see us win. Maybe we should hold off on the woe is me stuff until February until we don't get one of these kids.

Reactions: 2 people
Looking at the direction of our offense, Folston maybe the perfect fit for what Chaney is doing.

we may be past the days of featuring Travis Henry/Travis stephens/jamal Lewis type backs

Looking at the direction of our offense, Folston maybe the perfect fit for what Chaney is doing.

we may be past the days of featuring Travis Henry/Travis stephens/jamal Lewis type backs

I think that's the way football, in general, is moving.

I wouldn't mind taking this kid and a true rough RB. We still need a guy that can go get us 2-4 yards on his own.

We have enough rb' s with these measurables... Time for something different.. Folston/Poole/Smith/Neal/Lane... They're all too similar.. We need to get some big boys in here to tote the rock.

It comes and goes in cycles. The nfl recently rediscovered the tight end, after most, not all, caught just a couple of 8 yard passes a game. Now, some are a focal point

The game responds to rule changes. The NFL is squeezing defenses. Can't hit the QB, tight on hand check's for DBs. The biggest for TEs are the defenseless receiver rules. Now they can go across the middle without being afraid of getting their head knocked off. The NFL will keep moving to the pass as long as the rules allow it to.

Ive changed my mind a few times on Folston.

I would definitely love to have him as one of the 2 RBs in this class.

I cant remember the last long TD run from scrimmage by one of backs

Ive changed my mind a few times on Folston.

I would definitely love to have him as one of the 2 RBs in this class.

I cant remember the last long TD run from scrimmage by one of backs

I'm no expert, but I thought he was very impressive the first game of the year when his team played Greg Bryant's team (I think). Our coaching staff is going to get 2 great RBs this cycle, that will be an immediate upgrade to that position on the roster IMO.

I definitely Love him as a prospect.

I have been stuck wanting a tackle breaking Bruiser, Folston is 100% Legit. didnt want anyone to think I felt otherwise

VN Store

Back