13 FL QB Asiantii Woulard

No way we drop Ferguson. He's a phenom and a winner. Bring both of them on and let the best man play. BJ said himself that he molds his offense around his qb strengths.

Ok, you are from Charlotte, do you know Ferguson? You know that what is said here doesn't affect the outcome of most of these recruits, meaning, coaches don't take "OUR" opinions and run with it? Ferguson was Chaney's guy, not Butch's guy, so you can't say that he will honor that commitment. I have said this over and over, and HART mentioned it on the day he announced Dooley fired, that he would leave the decisions of honoring commitments up to the new coach.

I think USMC may be pretty (very) close to Ferg. Do you really want to talk a comit out of a commitment when the other QB we may be in on may want to commit?

We may want to leave the scholarship commitment discussions to the coaches and recruits...

Ferguson's team is ranked in the top 10 in all national polls and they destroyed all opponents this year. I say we go with a proven track record. Remember he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand and was still in the top 10 at the elite 11 after day 3. Days 4 and 5 he couldn't even pick up a football

Ferguson's team is ranked in the top 10 in all national polls and they destroyed all opponents this year. I say we go with a proven track record. Remember he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand and was still in the top 10 at the elite 11 after day 3. Days 4 and 5 he couldn't even pick up a football

his thread is also elsewhere. taking both is an option.

I absolutely agree that we should keep Ferguson, but Woulard needs to be offered if he wants to commit here, period. Competition is a great thing at the QB position.

I believe, my friend, that you will find no posts saying we should not sign Ferguson. I have not seen a single one. We are greedy bastards and want all the top talent we can get... like all top programs. In the end, I think all Vol fans would say, if we can get two elite quarterbacks, let's do it. They each have specific skill-sets and can be used differently. If both are willing to come in and compete for the job, than we will be more than happy to watch them play it out. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

Guy, again, we are not employed by the University of Tennessee.

Yo, Marine...Check out the qb class that included Manning. See how that worked out. While you're researching go check out the qb class that Ainge was in. Oh, might as well check out that class Casey was in. We are better with competition.

Can anyone explain why a guy like this;

* Consensus 4*
* One of the top rated duel-threat QBs
* Best QB at the Elite 11 & MVP of said event

Doesn't have any top flight offers and was once committed to USF?

Ok let's take them both, but do you really want to give up the next Patterson when we already have Bray, Worley, Peterman, Ferguson? I say we focus more on the defense.

Gruden was also a lock

Josh exchanged text with him aftger Taggart was confirmed as HC so it' coming from AW. Has his dad showed up to say anything after WT was named HC at USF?

His dad made the lock comment today at 5:06pm in this thread...his username is seldom seen

Ok let's take them both, but do you really want to give up the next Patterson when we already have Bray, Worley, Peterman, Ferguson? I say we focus more on the defense.

I'm not sure what you mean by "give up the next Patterson" unless you mean North, in which case I am not sure exactly how getting Asiantii would affect that... but most fans expect Bray to go pro, increasing the need to take two QB's.

* Consensus 4*

Some of the "top flight" teams don't need a dual threat QB. A dual QB just doesn't fit in teams systems

Take ferguson, woulward was here in June and didn't impress the coaches. Ferguson is the real deal. Do we really need to take a chance on a Cam Newton wannabee?

WTH are you talking about? Dude, it may be time to just step away from the computer. He didn't impress which coaches? The one that got fired for losing more than winning? :huh:

Gruden was also a lock

Josh exchanged text with him aftger Taggart was confirmed as HC so it' coming from AW. Has his dad showed up to say anything after WT was named HC at USF?

I don't remember Grudens dad posting he was a lock to be a Vol on here. Earlier tonight Woulards dad did.

* Consensus 4*

Only played QB one year.

guess he's a "lock" then... just giving the lastest update floating around on the USF side.

I think we are all missing the biggest 2 letter word in the convo ......"if"
there has been absolutely mo contact with UT Re an offer.

2ndly its no surprise he is fond of UT as the Orlando Sentinel did a pc on the trio after they visited UT loooooong time ago. DVario, Mclane, and Woulard

He has always been excited about UT but was told he would be offered back in 2011 but never was so not an issue of loyalty but USF and UT were always #1 UT just never offered that's all.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-08-03/sports/os-recruiting-winter-park-trio-impressed-by-tennessee-20110802_1_dvario-montgomery-facilities-asiantii-woulard

Last edited:
I don't remember Grudens dad posting he was a lock to be a Vol on here. Earlier tonight Woulards dad did.

and parents don't always know what their kids are thinking. AW committed to USF twice and had better offers so it's something about the program he likes. I don't know what he's telling his dad but Josh Newberg who's the most plugged into recruiting in central fla says AW and USF isn't done after speaking with him about WT hire. His dad hasn't been back since the hire but like Gruden you aren't going to change you mind no matter what info is out there.

VN Store

Back