'12 NJ DE Darius Hamilton

Scout.com: Darius Hamilton Profile does anyone (LV, sab,etc.) know if we have a real chance with this guy or not? scout is reporting him with high interest in the vols! Just wondering what our real shot was with him!

Where did his dad play college? Edit: His dad played at Pitt, but he has low interest according to scout in Pitt.

Last edited:
I think it is UF or Rutgers for this kid.............but UT has a shot. One of his teammates played at UF a few years ago (Justin Trattou) and that is what steered his interest towards us. if it isn't us, it is Rutgers imo.

Last edited:
I think it is UF or Rutgers for this kid.............but UT has a shot. One of his teammates played at UF a few years ago (Justin Trattou) and that is what steered his interest towards us. if it isn't us, it is Rutgers imo.

I think it's going to be Florida. We've heard very little buzz about him it seems.

Maybe an OV will make an impression on him though.

Quite true. Here's hoping. :hi:

Don't you think it is odd he has low interest in Pitt, since his dad went to Pitt? Did something happen between Pitt coaching staff and his family? Don't get me wrong, the less competition for his services the better, just surprised by it.

UT has a Don Bosco product on the current roster as well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

UT has a Don Bosco product on the current roster as well.

And he won't be around by the time Hamilton gets to school. If he were, I'm sure he'd volunteer to get hit by Hamilton so he can practice killing qb's. After all, he's had a lot of practice.

Don't you think it is odd he has low interest in Pitt, since his dad went to Pitt? Did something happen between Pitt coaching staff and his family? Don't get me wrong, the less competition for his services the better, just surprised by it.

Pitt just had 3 coaches in the span of a month or so. You can argue since one of them never coached a game, that it wouldn't affect recruiting, but you could argue the other way to. Some may see the program as unstable.

Some kids also want to make a name for themselves and feel they have to go to other schools to do so.

He's Rutgers to lose. I don't think he will end up there. He likes the school, but he wants to play big time ball. He has a lot of D1 teammates like Wright, Shumate, and WR who has some good offers. He was at Cal and Ore last week and will try to hit UF this week. UT might get a visit, but atleast we are ahead of Bama. Hopefully he makes it up after UF. He's trying to visit before school starts.

247 reported that we are recieving one of his 5 official visits, but it doesnt mean the teams getting the visits are the favorites. We at least have a chance if hes taking an official here.

He didn't get a chance to take visits this summer. He was going to announce in October, he's gonna hold off till after the season is over. He's going to make a decision once he takes his visits. He's been to Rutgers numerous times this summer. He's been to Cal and Oregon also I believe. UT and Florida didn't happen, but both will get OV.

From all I have read, there is just as much of a chance he will come to UT as opposed to Florida. Probably depending on which visit he likes better, but in all likelyhood he will go to Rutgers anyway.

Poster on TOS just said that Sirmon has us right in the mix for Hamilton. It was apparently "quiet momentum" at first but now it seems we're right there. Also said Hamilton loves Thompson too. TIFWIW :hi:

Thanks milliganvol for the update. Here is the exact quote from the VQ poster.
The Vols are a major player for him.
He has us in his top # (which you may know)
But he is also really, really close with Sirmon
and Loves L.T.
We are confident.
That is all.
-VQ.

VN Store

Back