'12 JUCO DT Damien Jacobs (Florida signee)

I need some of what you are smoking. First CWM is a brand new HC. CNS already won a NC at LSU and coached in the NFL. CWM long time assistant coach. Second lets compare the recruiting classes that Meyer brought in for CWM that barely won 6 games with to what Saban had with what Shula had left. Not to mention Saban came in to UA with the team recruiting with less scholarships because of NCAA trouble.

You are a complete fool if you actually are trying to compare apples and oranges. UF's program was loaded with top notch talent that Meyer how stocked the shelves with. UA had 2 and 3 stars with a few higher here and there.
you dont know what the hell your talkin about if you think the last couple recruiting classes have been good sure good on signing day but with transfers muschamp was left with nothing special at all

you dont know what the hell your talkin about if you think the last couple recruiting classes have been good sure good on signing day but with transfers muschamp was left with nothing special at all

And you are an idiot if you are going to compare UF's last 4 recruiting classes under Meyer with the last four under Shula. You have to be kidding me, because that is what the UF poster before was comparing.

HAHAHAHAHA. You have to be kidding right now.

Elam, Riggs, Rainey, Demps, and your entire D-Line say hello.

UF will lose to LSU, UGA, and FSU at a minimum next year. Could also very easily lose to UT and the other West opponent, depending on who it is.

Over Couch and Sentimore?

Couch will be a good defensive tackle next year. I really hope Sentimore can start there, too. He'll have to put on some pounds. I'm psyched about his commitment. Hopefully, McCullers comes to town, too. He (Jacobs) would have seen a good deal of playing time here. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, etc. though. Whatever, like I said, I hope Tiny flattens him next year.

In regards to Jacobs I am not sure why UT fans are that upset. To be honest I think the real bonus of having Jacobs commited was to have Autry also. I doubt there is many fans on here that would pick Jacobs over Autry if only one could sign. Most people were hoping it would help land Autry.

For the record it just shows you that IF is no better off than UT right now even though they like to think different. Not really sure what season they were watching this year. Jacobs was not getting recruited by UA, LSU, Ark, or really any of the heavy hitters in the SEC. UF going after him just shows how desperate CWM is right now to get his defense to be competative with what ever help they can get. Nothing more.

I agree with u TW. We needed him for experienced depth reasons more than anything, but would have been happy to get him after Autry backed out. Autry was the "blue chipper" of that package deal.

Still can't figure out where fl came from on this one...

HAHAHAHAHA. You have to be kidding right now.

Elam, Riggs, Rainey, Demps, and your entire D-Line say hello.

there was no depth on either line of scrimmage this yr

and the offensive weapons meyer left ugh just terrible

i think we probably had atleast 20 kids leave in the last 2 yrs too

I need some of what you are smoking. First CWM is a brand new HC. CNS already won a NC at LSU and coached in the NFL. CWM long time assistant coach. Second lets compare the recruiting classes that Meyer brought in for CWM that barely won 6 games with to what Saban had with what Shula had left. Not to mention Saban came in to UA with the team recruiting with less scholarships because of NCAA trouble.

You are a complete fool if you actually are trying to compare apples and oranges. UF's program was loaded with top notch talent that Meyer how stocked the shelves with. UA had 2 and 3 stars with a few higher here and there.

Muschamp was Saban's best assistant, though, and knows how to implement "The Process." And regarding the recruits, Alabama's may not have been ranked as highly as Meyer's, but Meyer's were soft and hailed from weak high school programs in California, New York, and Philadelphia. A 3 star from the deep south is usually going to be tougher than a 5 star from California or New York.

That's the culture change that I'm talking about, guys. Yeah, Spurrier and Meyer had some success, but look at how they achieved it. They weren't built to play physical football and that's why they struggled against the SEC West and FSU back when the Noles had those nasty defenses with Brooks, Cowart, etc. It's why Meyer's most dominant team lost to Ole Miss at home....you can't "jump pass" your way to dominance. There comes a time when you have to put down the purse and run someone over.

Muschamp understands these principles and that's why our recruiting has changed and why we can attract guys like Damien Jacobs, Junior Salt, Matt Jones, etc....these guys want to play smash-mouth, "in your face", north/south style football.

And you are an idiot if you are going to compare UF's last 4 recruiting classes under Meyer with the last four under Shula. You have to be kidding me, because that is what the UF poster before was comparing.

i dont even know what shula's class's looked liked

i was just sayin

Muschamp was Saban's best assistant, though, and knows how to implement "The Process." And regarding the recruits, Alabama's may not have been ranked as highly as Meyer's, but Meyer's were soft and hailed from weak high school programs in California, New York, and Philadelphia. A 3 star from the deep south is usually going to be tougher than a 5 star from California or New York.

That's the culture change that I'm talking about, guys. Yeah, Spurrier and Meyer had some success, but look at how they achieved it. They weren't built to play physical football and that's why they struggled against the SEC West and FSU back when the Noles had those nasty defenses with Brooks, Cowart, etc. It's why Meyer's most dominant team lost to Ole Miss at home....you can't "jump pass" your way to dominance. There comes a time when you have to put down the purse and run someone over.

Muschamp understands these principles and that's why our recruiting has changed and why we can attract guys like Damien Jacobs, Junior Salt, Matt Jones, etc....these guys want to play smash-mouth, "in your face", north/south style football.

You make Dell computer dude look completely sane.

lol, omg. Stop. Too much. :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Wake up and smell the Muschamp.

Yeah, what's actually interesting about that is it's right on schedule relative to the "Saban Model." Alabama was 6-6 their first year (losing to La-Monroe, mind you) and needed to win their bowl game against Colorado to finish with a winning record. We're 6-6 and need to beat Ohio St to finish 7-6.

But more notable is the fact that we managed to have a top 10 defense despite a complete meltdown on offense and continually being put in bad positions. That should tell you how scary our D will be when we're firing on all cylinders. We're going to be like Alabama on crack.

I feel like we're right on schedule. Look for us to go roughly 12-2 next year before we officially start our run in 2013.

Yeah because Muschamp is Saban.
Dooley is Saban.
Jimbo is Saban.
Jim Macelwaine is Saban.
And Kirby Smart is Saban in waiting.

Saban ran Urban out of the SEC. That "illness" he had was no lie.The thought of failure and losing made him sick. This myth that if you work with Saban , you turn into Saban is just stupid and Florida , FSU and Tennessee are all learning the hard way. I like Dooley , but he isn't going to be Nick. Infact , I think he has made it clear he isn't much like him at all. The sooner you realize this , the better off you will be. It's just the way it is. People are different. You will find out that Muschamp is more like a sweaty fat kid throwing a temper tantrum at Toys R Us because he didn't get his way , rather than the next Nick Saban.

So the gentlemen that I mentioned weren't top 15 (nationally) ranked players...right?

Yeah Rainey and Demps are the epitome of "terrible".

And if anybody knows about attrition and players leaving it's us.

Just stop with your garbage.

VN Store

Back