'12 GA CB Geno Smith

Your ignorance is fully on display by expecting five star talent from our recent one star results.

You're so far off topic it isn't funny. Admit the staff made a mistake and you don't know what the hell you're talking about and move on. What you continue to spout off has nothing to do with anything I was saying or what the recent news was about.

Geno Smith would have committed to us late in his junior season had we been on him like we should have been.

You're so far off topic it isn't funny. Admit the staff made a mistake and you don't know what the hell you're talking about and move on. What you continue to spout off has nothing to do with anything I was saying or what the recent news was about.

Geno Smith would have committed to us late in his junior season had we been on him like we should have been.

You are just as bad the other way. Doubt you would ever admit that the staff made a good decision in backing off Bellamy.

I believe he backed off because we weren't winning and talk about coaching changes. Even if he picked us during his junior year , I bet he changes his mind. He said something in an interview like "That Music City Bowl was when my love for Tennessee was at an all time high". Something changed here. I think he liked Tennessee , but the talking got to him. Maybe I am dead wrong , but I don't feel like we backed off. He is close to Holsey too. I'm sure he had his opinions on us. I mean , it's not like we told the kid he couldn't commit. Nothing was stoping him from making that choice. I never read anything here or other boards like I did about us backing off of other players. His interview doesn't come across that way. It comes across that Tennessee was the place he wanted to be and then it all changed. If anything , Baggett dropped the ball on this one. From everything I have heard , he didn't recruit well. He was the guy recruiting Atlanta wasn't he?

You are just as bad the other way. Doubt you would ever admit that the staff made a good decision in backing off Bellamy.

wtf does Bellamy have to do with coaches dropping the ball and not recruiting an elite prospect who thought of us as his favorite school growing up?

You trying to argue they bungle recruiting .. I never said they were mistake free. You do the typical " put words in people's mouth" routine to make your point look valid, tho I can't really tell what it is. He may have played ping pong on the shanghai circuit as well, so what's your point dufus? We don't close on every prospect, hell saban bungled the Justin Taylor situation. Arguing we haven't recruited well and that we are a bunch of disorganized coaches is infantile. Considering the obstacles we have faced I'm truly amazed at the talent we have assembled.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe he backed off because we weren't winning and talk about coaching changes. Even if he picked us during his junior year , I bet he changes his mind. He said something in an interview like "That Music City Bowl was when my love for Tennessee was at an all time high". Something changed here. I think he liked Tennessee , but the talking got to him. Maybe I am dead wrong , but I don't feel like we backed off. He is close to Holsey too. I'm sure he had his opinions on us. I mean , it's not like we told the kid he couldn't commit. Nothing was stoping him from making that choice. I never read anything here or other boards like I did about us backing off of other players. His interview doesn't come across that way. It comes across that Tennessee was the place he wanted to be and then it all changed. If anything , Baggett dropped the ball on this one. From everything I have heard , he didn't recruit well. He was the guy recruiting Atlanta wasn't he?

You're getting your two recruits mixed up and combining stories - people in here were also talking about Levenberry(sp?) who we apparently backed off of..

Dang man, CDD made a mistake? How dare he be human.

Reactions: 1 person
You trying to argue they bungle recruiting .. I never said they were mistake free. You do the typical " put words in people's mouth" routine to make your point look valid, tho I can't really tell what it is. He may have played ping pong on the shanghai circuit as well, so what's your point dufus? We don't close on every prospect, hell saban bungled the Justin Taylor situation. Arguing we haven't recruited well and that we are a bunch of disorganized coaches is infantile. Considering the obstacles we have faced I'm truly amazed at the talent we have assembled.

My god the irony is ironic.

You're getting your two recruits mixed up and combining stories - people in here were also talking about Levenberry(sp?) who we apparently backed off of..

No , I was just talking about Geno. I feel like we didn't do enough on the field and the talk of coaching changes got to him. I've heard the stuff about EJ. Not sure what to believe about it , but he was high on us a few months ago.

I know that Smith loved Tennessee , but negative recruiting will change their minds. It is a possibility that the staff just completely fell asleep at the wheel here. It isn't the first time we have heard stuff like this. Just the fact that he grew up a Tennessee fan makes me think it had more to do with our results and stability.

No , I was just talking about Geno. I feel like we didn't do enough on the field and the talk of coaching changes got to him. I've heard the stuff about EJ. Not sure what to believe about it , but he was high on us a few months ago.

You were talking about the staff backing off Geno. We were never on him until it was too late. We had obviously made small connections but never recruited him heavily until he had basically eliminated us.

You were talking about the staff backing off Geno. We were never on him until it was too late. We had obviously made small connections but never recruited him heavily until he had basically eliminated us.

Pardon me if I'm wrong but I think what he's trying to say is if a prospect really is interested and wants to go somewhere they will regardless of if the school comes on late or not like Santos.

His dream school changed more than once apparently. Look up ironic again

[QUOTE"I felt like I did very well during the camp. After we got done, Coach Richt, Coach Grantham, Coach Garner and Coach Lakatos pulled me to the side with my mom," Smith recalled. "Coach Richt stepped aside for a moment with Coach Lakatos and asked him if he really wanted to offer me. Coach Lakatos said absolutely and I got my verbal offer from Georgia."

"I don't want to name
Georgia my favorite or get into any of that right now, but I will say I have always dreamed about and wanted an offer from the Bulldogs. I knew if I worked hard enough I could earn one and that dream came true today," Smith said after the camp.][/QUOTE]

Read my post again BMB. I never said the staff backed off. I said I didn't think we did. I also didn't know how late we got in on him. Thanks for the info. If that's the case , with a recruit like this , you would think we would be on him from the start. Like I said , that was just my opinion considering he was a Tennessee fan.

Read my post again BMB. I never said the staff backed off. I said I didn't think we did. I also didn't know how late we got in on him. Thanks for the info. If that's the case , with a recruit like this , you would think we would be on him from the start. Like I said , that was just my opinion considering he was a Tennessee fan.

I know - we never backed off because we were never on him until late.

It really hurts because he is an elite talent and I wouldn't bet against him playing in the NFL fairly soon - and its not like he's from Washington.. aka Tony Wroten or something.

His dream school changed more than once apparently. Look up ironic again

[QUOTE"I felt like I did very well during the camp. After we got done, Coach Richt, Coach Grantham, Coach Garner and Coach Lakatos pulled me to the side with my mom," Smith recalled. "Coach Richt stepped aside for a moment with Coach Lakatos and asked him if he really wanted to offer me. Coach Lakatos said absolutely and I got my verbal offer from Georgia."

"I don't want to name
Georgia my favorite or get into any of that right now, but I will say I have always dreamed about and wanted an offer from the Bulldogs. I knew if I worked hard enough I could earn one and that dream came true today," Smith said after the camp.]

I remember people posting tweets from him during the recruiting process. It was us , then Auburn , then Gerogia and finally Bama. He did seem all over the place. Still can't believe we weren't making a push for him. Not much we can do about it now. It's like how everyone talks about Bama having a great recruiting staff , when we know it's Saban getting it done. Dooley needs to take that role. Same with Phil until he got lazy.

The Korean zombie is fighting right now on fuel tv.. Free fights tonight

I know - we never backed off because we were never on him until late.

It really hurts because he is an elite talent and I wouldn't bet against him playing in the NFL fairly soon - and its not like he's from Washington.. aka Tony Wroten or something.

You just can't let a talent like this get away. I'd feel better if he hadn't said anything about us at all in that interview. lol

wtf does Bellamy have to do with coaches dropping the ball and not recruiting an elite prospect who thought of us as his favorite school growing up?

It has to do with the irony in this thread of you getting on a "sunshine pumper" for not admitting when the staff made a mistake, yet you can't admit when the staff does something right

I remember people posting tweets from him during the recruiting process. It was us , then Auburn , then Gerogia and finally Bama. He did seem all over the place. Still can't believe we weren't making a push for him. Not much we can do about it now. It's like how everyone talks about Bama having a great recruiting staff , when we know it's Saban getting it done. Dooley needs to take that role. Same with Phil until he got lazy.

We simply don't have all the info, it could have been just a f up from the staff.. The coach at his high school could have cooled on us after the turnover. He may have cooled on us for the same or other reasons. It would be nice if roger asked him on vol calls.

VN Store

Back