100 Years of Volunteers Playing Cards

Slobber Knocker

Anybody else remember these? They were sold back in '92 to commemorate the first 100 years of Tennessee Football. Anyway, I was 7 or 8 years old at the time so me and my dad used to buy a pack every Friday until we had the whole set. I found them over the weekend. They're in mint condition, been in plastic since we bought them, and while I would never in a million years sell them, I'm curious what they might be worth. Any idea?

Ha! Good question. I've got the same set and saw them the other day. Kinda forgot about them, brought back memories
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've got 3 complete sets right now tucked away in a very safe place. Took me and then girlfriend, now wife, about 5 months to complete all three.

That is correct. I was a Fresh. in 1990 at UT and the Homecoming theme was "Cheers to 100 Years of Volunteers."

I was 6, but I remember that too. I think I was a better fan then than I am now in terms of going to games. Didn't miss one from the time I was 4 years old until I got to college. Then I had to learn how to drink in moderation and missed a handful as a result. Whoops

Can you play a game with these like magic the gathering? ;)

On a similar topic does anyone have the 100 years video series? I have a VHS copy of vol.1. The series ends at 1990 and Decade of Dominance picks up right where 100 years leaves off.

I was 6, but I remember that too. I think I was a better fan then than I am now in terms of going to games. Didn't miss one from the time I was 4 years old until I got to college. Then I had to learn how to drink in moderation and missed a handful as a result. Whoops

I hear you....except that whole moderation thing. It's over-rated!

Value on something like that is whatever you can get someone to pay you for it. Probably get alot more selling it at a roadside fleamarket in Harriman than you ever would on ebay.

These make for a great piece of memorabilia. I collected the entire set along with the binder to organize them. From time to time we still refer to the older players for stats and such.

I just bought 2 Whole boxes of cards and one binder at a barn sale. . Found some of these the whole way in the back of the book..14 card total.. also found some bama ones as well three sets of them.. anybody know the worth???

Anybody else remember these? They were sold back in '92 to commemorate the first 100 years of Tennessee Football. Anyway, I was 7 or 8 years old at the time so me and my dad used to buy a pack every Friday until we had the whole set. I found them over the weekend. They're in mint condition, been in plastic since we bought them, and while I would never in a million years sell them, I'm curious what they might be worth. Any idea?

I doubt they are worth anything. I have them in a closet

Reactions: 1 person
Can you play a game with these like magic the gathering? ;)

On a similar topic does anyone have the 100 years video series? I have a VHS copy of vol.1. The series ends at 1990 and Decade of Dominance picks up right where 100 years leaves off.

yes, I have those as well

Not a lot. I found the full set in a notebook and the plastic sleeves at the card shop over on Broadway here in Knoxville a year or two ago and bought them for $50, which was still probably way too much. I had had most of the cards for years, but some were in pretty rough shape and I was missing about 20-30 of the set. I originally went in there just planning to ask the guy if he had any idea where I could track down the missing ones, and just by chance somebody had brought the full set in a week or so prior and I just bought the whole thing for the sake of convenience.

Link to cards I have uploaded to photo bucket. clikc on first one for slide show

LWSVOL's Library | Photobucket

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back