'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

If we were to offer another QB (which at this moment looks very unlikely) this guy would be my top choice for us. Very accurate, mobile, intangibles, full package IYAM. If he were to come here, I believe he would Bray a heck of a challenge, and maybe even win out.

Really?? That's a big stretch, IMO.

this guy is a diamond in the rough we need to offer him

I think our staff has their eye on better prospects. Better to pass on a marginal guy and offer someone who can really compete and play. We don't need a back up, we need some play makers. I just don't see that he's the type of player that we want

It's not really a stalker thing,I am 15 he is 17 so it's not like I'm 45.I just added him as a friend and said I was a Tennessee fan and he said he has wanted to be a Vol since he was 6 years old.

He has a great southern QB name, I was surprised that to see he is from up there near canadia... but there are plenty of rednecks up there too.

Could be the next Jim Bob.

I think our staff has their eye on better prospects. Better to pass on a marginal guy and offer someone who can really compete and play. We don't need a back up, we need some play makers. I just don't see that he's the type of player that we want

Thats good a just about any position other than QB. VERY rarely will you have a depth chart full of 4* guys. You will usually have to take in a guy every couple of years that you know wont be "the guy" for you, but provides quality depth. If not with us, I would like to see him get a scholarship offer and succeed. I just hope it isnt another SEC school, and he turns out to be great a kicks our butts for 4 years.

Thats good a just about any position other than QB. VERY rarely will you have a depth chart full of 4* guys. You will usually have to take in a guy every couple of years that you know wont be "the guy" for you, but provides quality depth. If not with us, I would like to see him get a scholarship offer and succeed. I just hope it isnt another SEC school, and he turns out to be great a kicks our butts for 4 years.

He seems like a very nice guy,and I hope that wherever he ends up he has success.

he is kinda like colt mccoy when he was a prospect in a way hes a dual threat qb and hes not very highly recruited and look how good colt turned out to be

You think he would come as a walk-on? I mean, what's the worst that could happen? He could end up being worse than Crompton? Psh...yeah right.

i like this kid. I could see us offering around signing day. He doesn't seem the type who could be intimidating to a 2011 QB, and he may be a decent #3.

He just needs to light it up this season and hopefully get an invite to one of the HS AA games for more exposure.
If he shows out there, I could see us offering possibly.

I still think Cam Newton is the 2nd guy...the staff is probably letting the season go by while evaluating to make sure they aren't jumping out of desperation.

He just needs to light it up this season and hopefully get an invite to one of the HS AA games for more exposure.
If he shows out there, I could see us offering possibly.

I still think Cam Newton is the 2nd guy...the staff is probably letting the season go by while evaluating to make sure they aren't jumping out of desperation.

Yeah, I think they want to see a full body of work from Cam before they decide to offer him a scholarship.

Just wanted to give you guys a Garrett Grayson update. His season stats this year (I have watched 5 of 6 of his games and his team sucks. It is Garrett VS. whoever.)
Passing:
145 of 196 1803yds 300.5 y/g .740% 11TD 2INT rating 117

Rushing:
67 for 584yds, 8.72avg, 97.3Y/G Long 56 4TD

Receiving: (1 in 2 games)
2 for 22 yds. 1TD

Here is a link to our local newspaper. It has a good game article on Garrett. (read the whole thing)

http://www.columbian.com/article/20091003/SPORTS02/710039951

Here is a link to "Next step gollege sports" has good stuff.

Next Step College Sports

Also I have just confirmed that Garrett has received a full ride to eastern Washington. The first of many offers to come

I like Grayson...I wish the staff would offer him...I believe he would be a steal.

I think so, too, based on what we've read. Sounds like he's foremost a pretty good passer ... who can also run. If he hasn't got many offers, maybe its because he didn't go to big qb camps.

VN Store

Back