10 man rotation set!

What transfer from Depaul??? You mean from Marquette? This was an UGLY outing for sure, but lets have a little patience. When all is said and done, that one doesn't count. One common theme I do agree with though, is where are the points going to come from when we do our hockey subs? Our 2nd unit has no scorers period. McRae could fill that void if he plays up to par though

Hopson, Tatum, Harris

As far as I am concerned these three are quality basketball players although Hopson can't cover anyone smaller than he is apparently. Williams was spotty last year at best and looked awful against Indianapolis. Point guard play was awful - hopefully one of the two we are signing will help here albeit a year from now. The rest are role players and should see limited minutes imo. You can't have a 10 man rotation if you don't have 10 quality players. With the talent at hand - he needs to keep these 3 on the court as much as possible and go with a 7/8 man rotation imo. I am hopeful that the tranfer from DePaul will be better than expected and win considerable playing time.

*DePauw

I wonder if they will consider redshirting Hall. He has a lot to work on offensively and he will be a major part of our team next year when Fields and Williams leave. I've seen this before were players get "injured" and the next thing you know they are either redshirting or have transferred out of the program. I don't think we have to worry about that with Hall because it's more than likely he will be handed one of the post positions next year, unless Tobias stays and we get an unexpected transfer or JUCO post player.

For a team hyped with so much depth, a second group consisting of Woolridge, Pearl, and McBee isn't helping the argument.

I fully agree. Although if you wanna call it a bright spot, Renaldo was one of the few players that showed he wanted minutes Monday night. He has potential, and once he is comfortable in that body I would venture to say he will be a productive player. I still think Redshirting McBee and Woolridge would be a smart move for this season.

I fully agree. Although if you wanna call it a bright spot, Renaldo was one of the few players that showed he wanted minutes Monday night. He has potential, and once he is comfortable in that body I would venture to say he will be a productive player. I still think Redshirting McBee and Woolridge would be a smart move for this season.

I disagree about Renaldo. He's had plenty of time for adjusting to his body. He doesn't take plays off, but his shooting is beyond awful and he doesn't use his size at all. When he does make a shot he usually follows that up with a few more in a row, but it's too few and far between.

I wonder if they will consider redshirting Hall. He has a lot to work on offensively and he will be a major part of our team next year when Fields and Williams leave. I've seen this before were players get "injured" and the next thing you know they are either redshirting or have transferred out of the program. I don't think we have to worry about that with Hall because it's more than likely he will be handed one of the post positions next year, unless Tobias stays and we get an unexpected transfer or JUCO post player.

I think redshirting Hall would be a good move, especially since we are losing both 5s after this season and have no posts coming in our current recruiting class.

I still see it as Woolridge>Mcbee. Mcrae should back up Hopson and Maymon can back up Tatum when he becomes eligible.

What is the deal with Kenny Hall? How badly is he hurt to not be ahead of Steven Pearl?

Hall only knows the 5 position.

I think his foot is considered day-to-day, but he's going to have a hard time beating out Williams/Fields at 5, and he would have a hard time beating Harris/Maymon at 4 (if he knew the position, which he doesn't).

As for Renaldo adjusting to his body, you do realize that as a sophomore in HS he was only 6'2" right? He is like a clumsy Great Dane pup. He still is a year or 3 away from knowing how to use his size to his advantage. He was a 2G in HS until his senior year. Going from off-guard to PF is quite the change in knowing the position without the huge growth spurt, with it he might as well be learning a new sport. I still think he has potential to be an above average player at the SEC level when all is said and done. Especially if he had a year to RS

Woolridge is better IMO

Better stats and he is bigger and is more experienced. He also has had another off season to improve so lets give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives us a reason to pull him.

He also is all VOL and will have a minor leadership roll at some level

Yea, it makes absolutely no sense. The great depth that we supposedly have looks much worse when you're talking about having Steven Pearl, Woolridge, and McBee on the floor at the same time.

quoted for emphasis

Yea, it makes absolutely no sense. The great depth that we supposedly have looks much worse when you're talking about having Steven Pearl, Woolridge, and McBee on the floor at the same time.

Meh.

In February, our second team will probably be Golden, Bone, McRae, Maymon, Fields.

Which looks much better.

Why are people questioning a coach that has solidified Tennessee as a top 25 team? That's "mind blowing", "shocking", and "retarded".

He's seen more of their development this off-season than anyone here. Plus, he'll probably adjust the rotation as the season goes on. I guess it's just hard for me personally to criticize Pearl's decision given his track record. He kept the team rolling after Tyler Smith got the boot and is coming off an Elite 8. If this is the rotation he chooses to go with, so be it. It's especially hard to bash the decision because the season hasn't even started. For all we know, Woolridge and McBee have improved. We'll see.

They both looked really great in the two exhibitions, especially McBee and his ball handling-defense. Woolridge is a scoring machine waiting to explode.

Why are people questioning a coach that has solidified Tennessee as a top 25 team? That's "mind blowing", "shocking", and "retarded".

He's seen more of their development this off-season than anyone here. Plus, he'll probably adjust the rotation as the season goes on. I guess it's just hard for me personally to criticize Pearl's decision given his track record. He kept the team rolling after Tyler Smith got the boot and is coming off an Elite 8. If this is the rotation he chooses to go with, so be it. It's especially hard to bash the decision because the season hasn't even started. For all we know, Woolridge and McBee have improved. We'll see.

Exactly. McBee getting destroyed on the defensive by D-II guards was particularly encouraging.

All our guards were destroyed by those two potential all-Americans in the last exhibition. Those two guards could play and excel for any D1 team according to Bert B. We probably won't see two guards that play to that caliber the remainder of the season.

VN Store

Back