10.30.21 - Day With The Team – In Pictures

i especially like the one looking the length of the entire dugout with everyone up on the top step. That's a very good photo.

Reactions: Guest
@vollygirl - just wanted to make you aware of this thread. 💖💖💖 & thank you!!

Glad the pics are being enjoyed & appreciate the comments

This was the first time for me seeing the baseball team in person & I had never met anyone on the team or the coaches.

Plans were to play 9 innings, take a break & come back to play a few extra innings. During the break fans came out onto the field for autographs thur a gate between home plate & Tennessee’s first base dugout. I was standing outside the dugout watching Tony do the interview that TN_gal posted in the game thread. I noticed a lady to my right standing at the gate where the fans where coming thru. She had a white sack in her hand. She’d walk just inside the gate onto the field area, look around & then go back out the gate. Saw her do this several times & I could tell she was looking for someone & was uneasy about coming thur the gate. I walked over to her & politely asked her if she was looking for someone. She said “yes, could you give this to one of the players, it’s his medicine”. I asked which player & she said “Jordon Beck, I’m his mother”. I asked do you see him & she said “yes, he’s right there” pointing to shallow right field where several players were tossing. I said come on I’ll take you out there & you can give it to him. She said “oohh no, he’ll be embarrassed”. I stopped, turned around & said “embarrassed…you're his mother”. I said to her again “come on” & we started towards him. On the way out to him, I tell her to do whatever you need to do & when you’re ready I’ll walk you back to the gate. We get out there close enough for him to hear me & I hollered his name. He turns around & I tell him “your mom needs to see you.” He walks over to us & asks her “what are you doing here”? He then gets really MOTHER’D for not taking his medicine & she hands him the bag. He lowers his head saying “I know I know”. Jordon asks me if I could give the bag to someone on the bench. I say yes & he hands it to me. She says I’m ready & I walk her back to the gate. She thanked me. I borrowed a sharpie from a fan over Tennessee’s dugout & wrote Jordon’s name on the sack. Threw the sharpie back, went in the dugout with the sack & Quentin Eberhardt, the strength coach was sitting on the bench. He said I’ll take that, I know exactly what it is. That was a relief because I didn’t want just lay a sack of medicine on the bench & walk off. Quentin & I had talked earlier & he’s the one that took the picture I’m in with Tony that’s posted.
I missed the opportunity to get a picture of Jordon & his mom together.

Real Mom’s – the greatest things on earth…..period

Go Big Orange!!

DSC00320aaa.JPG

@vollygirl - just wanted to make you aware of this thread. 💖💖💖 & thank you!!

Glad the pics are being enjoyed & appreciate the comments

This was the first time for me seeing the baseball team in person & I had never met anyone on the team or the coaches.

Plans were to play 9 innings, take a break & come back to play a few extra innings. During the break fans came out onto the field for autographs thur a gate between home plate & Tennessee’s first base dugout. I was standing outside the dugout watching Tony do the interview that TN_gal posted in the game thread. I noticed a lady to my right standing at the gate where the fans where coming thru. She had a white sack in her hand. She’d walk just inside the gate onto the field area, look around & then go back out the gate. Saw her do this several times & I could tell she was looking for someone & was uneasy about coming thur the gate. I walked over to her & politely asked her if she was looking for someone. She said “yes, could you give this to one of the players, it’s his medicine”. I asked which player & she said “Jordon Beck, I’m his mother”. I asked do you see him & she said “yes, he’s right there” pointing to shallow right field where several players were tossing. I said come on I’ll take you out there & you can give it to him. She said “oohh no, he’ll be embarrassed”. I stopped, turned around & said “embarrassed…you're his mother”. I said to her again “come on” & we started towards him. On the way out to him, I tell her to do whatever you need to do & when you’re ready I’ll walk you back to the gate. We get out there close enough for him to hear me & I hollered his name. He turns around & I tell him “your mom needs to see you.” He walks over to us & asks her “what are you doing here”? He then gets really MOTHER’D for not taking his medicine & she hands him the bag. He lowers his head saying “I know I know”. Jordon asks me if I could give the bag to someone on the bench. I say yes & he hands it to me. She says I’m ready & I walk her back to the gate. She thanked me. I borrowed a sharpie from a fan over Tennessee’s dugout & wrote Jordon’s name on the sack. Threw the sharpie back, went in the dugout with the sack & Quentin Eberhardt, the strength coach was sitting on the bench. He said I’ll take that, I know exactly what it is. That was a relief because I didn’t want just lay a sack of medicine on the bench & walk off. Quentin & I had talked earlier & he’s the one that took the picture I’m in with Tony that’s posted.
I missed the opportunity to get a picture of Jordon & his mom together.

Real Mom’s – the greatest things on earth…..period

Go Big Orange!!

View attachment 408103
THANK YOU!!!!!

The pics are fantastic!!!

When they were in Chattanooga, they were in the visitor's dugout. So you couldn't see the numbers coming to the plate (we sat behind first base). I would scream "Let's go Beck!!" everytime he came to the plate, and a girl behind me said "How can you tell who it is?" I said, "The hair." haha

I don’t post in here much & not trying to out do anyone. Just sharing what I have.
Really appreciate Tony & the boys for letting me hang with them today & take some pictures. Met Tony before pre game, we talked; I gave him some baseball memorabilia & he allowed me access to the team in the locker room & dugout.

Funniest story I overheard today: one of players was telling his team mates around him he forgot his cup. They were raggin him bout it. He told them “I have on my sliding shorts & uniform pants that should be good enough”. We all laughed. I’m not outing the player

Took over 300 pictures & these tonite are all pregame. I’ll post some game pics later.
Was a great day with good weather & a decent crowd

Had Tony sign a baseball that I’ll be donating to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital here in Memphis.

Go Big Orange!!

View attachment 407448
I could not love this pic more!

I could not love this pic more!
Thank You!!

The experience was super & Tony was just awesome in letting me do this. I felt very confident he would or I wouldn't have attempted it. What a classy guy & not just for this. It's fall ball & everythings a little more relaxed. If it were the regular season, this doesn't happen. I started to post Friday night about pictures from the dugout on Saturday but didn't because I don't post in here often & didn't want to come across as "that guy". Spent right at 7 hours with the team that day.

Take a look at the media pass hooked on my belt loop in that picture. It’s from that stadium in 1992!! I went to the ticket booth when I got there Saturday inquiring about a media pass & said I had older one. They sent me to a table. Showed the people at the table the 92 badge & they were calling people over to look at it because it was old. They loved it. They were looking to give me a newer one & someone said just use that one. So I did. For anyone wanting to know, I am not with any media. Never have been. That badge just said I was!! I got the 92 badge as an umpire when Cuba played Team USA at USA Stadium in July 1992. I kept it & had no idea that I'd be using it again 29 years later.

I owe a huge thank you to @NO SIR EEE for helping make this possible & he/she doesn’t even know it. Saw your thread Friday afternoon with the menu & times. That started everything for me. I had no idea they were even playing Saturday & in Millington until I saw what you posted. I owe you boss/miss boss!!

Go Big Orange!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You!!

The experience was super & Tony was just awesome in letting me do this. I felt very confident he would or I wouldn't have attempted it. What a classy guy & not just for this. It's fall ball & everythings a little more relaxed. If it were the regular season, this doesn't happen. I started to post Friday night about pictures from the dugout on Saturday but didn't because I don't post in here often & didn't want to come across as "that guy". Spent right at 7 hours with the team that day.

Take a look at the media pass hooked on my belt loop in that picture. It’s from that stadium in 1992!! I went to the ticket booth when I got there Saturday inquiring about a media pass & said I had older one. They sent me to a table. Showed the people at the table the 92 badge & they were calling people over to look at it because it was old. They loved it. They were looking to give me a newer one & someone said just use that one. So I did. For anyone wanting to know, I am not with any media. Never have been. That badge just said I was!! I got the 92 badge as an umpire when Cuba played Team USA at USA Stadium in July 1992. I kept it & had no idea that I'd be using it again 29 years later.

I owe a huge thank you to @NO SIR EEE for helping make this possible & he/she doesn’t even know it. Saw your thread Friday afternoon with the menu & times. That started everything for me. I had no idea they were even playing Saturday & in Millington until I saw what you posted. I owe you boss/miss boss!!
That’s boss lol. I enjoyed the pics immensely. Thank you. I started the official game threads last season and will continue to do so every year as long as the good lord as willing. GO BIG ORANGE!!

That’s boss lol. I enjoyed the pics immensely. Thank you. I started the official game threads last season and will continue to do so every year as long as the good lord as willing. GO BIG ORANGE!!

Got it….Mr Boss. You never know.:cool: Your “official game thread” lit the fire. Thanks so much again!! It was my first time doing a Tennessee baseball game.

Several players wanted to know if I were going to make the pictures available on any social media. Told them no because I’m not on any. I’ve tried to figure out how to get all the pictures to everyone on the team. The best way I’ve come up with is to upload them to a photo app & supply a link to Tony & he can get it to everyone else.

I’ll make all the pictures available to Tony first since he allowed me the opportunity. If he doesn’t want any certain ones available to everyone, I can remove those. There’s a few of the “digging” & “adjusting” that’s associated with baseball that will be removed.
Once everything’s ok by Tony, I’ll make all of them available for everyone here.

Help Needed. I have Google Photos but have never used it or any photo app. 317 pics @ 354 mb is what I have. If anyone’s knows or has done something like this or has a better solution, help me out. Thanks!!

Go Big Orange!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NO SIR EEE
Get them to me and I will upload to parents page on Facebook
Connell_jeff@yahoo.com
It is a closed group just for UT players parents. It is where my wife puts pictures for parents to download.

I appreciate your suggestion but it would take about 100 emails to get all of them to you. I have no problem with you or the FB group having them & I want ya’ll to have them but I’m looking for something a little simpler. I’ve saved your email & will contact you when I have what to do figured out. Thanks!!

#35 & I had a brief conversation Saturday & he educated me on what the wire was for that was hanging out the back of the Louisiana Tech’s catcher’s helmet. I was taking pictures by the LT dugout fence where it sticks out closest to home plate. Tennessee was batting & a LT coach was behind me in the corner of the dugout looking towards home plate. He would start talking & I would turn around towards him because I thought he was talking to me. We were the only ones in that area. He would hold a placard over his mouth & start talking. I figured out he wasn’t talking to me but I didn’t know who it was. #35 told me the catcher was getting pitch calls from a coach thur the wire he was wearing. Made sense then & was new to me.

#35 also took what looked like a hard spill over in to Tennessee’s dugout chasing a pop foul. I was outside the dugout & had just taken a picture of him when the batter hits the pop up toward me. It has a slight curve & looks like it’ll hit the top of the back of the dugout or land in the first row. I didn’t setup for a picture because I was watching the ball & it was headed for out of play. Next thing I see is #35 going head first hard over the rail & into the dugout about 5’ in front of me. I didn’t take a picture of it because I went to help him. His teammates on the top step helped catch him when he went over the rail. Good thing they were there. Things could’ve been different if they weren’t. He popped back up out of the dugout like nothing happened & went back to the mound. Pics are right before & right after

Go Big Orange!!

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00300.JPG

I was actually thinking if you sent me a link to the pictures I could either post them or forward the link to the parents only. We are fine with whatever you choose to do. Let me know if I can help.
#35 got chewed out for that stunt by everyone involved. Love the hustle but not that much out of control hustle in a fall scrimmage game.

I was actually thinking if you sent me a link to the pictures I could either post them or forward the link to the parents only. We are fine with whatever you choose to do. Let me know if I can help.
#35 got chewed out for that stunt by everyone involved. Love the hustle but not that much out of control hustle in a fall scrimmage game.

Email sent & thanks a bunch for the help

#35 hit the top of the dugout rail hard & fast. Was glad to see him come back up them steps on his own. I agree, great hustle but.......

Go Big Orange!!

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back