#1 Ohio State at #18 Wisconsin

That's fine. But we get excited about a #1 ranking, immediately get bashed for doing nothing but pointing out the certifiably obvious (we're #1), defend ourselves and suddenly.... We're irrelevant, rude, obnoxious, etc.

Let us have our day in the sun. At this rate, it might not last that long. But still, for a night, we're on top. Maybe it's just till Thursday. But it feels good right now.

We get that. But look at who you're trying to feel good with. Hello?

You might not be that bad. But your fanbase as a whole is a group of toenail chomping pricks who act as if you have been more than a hemorrhoid on the college sports scene.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, There are some Duck fans out there who are pros at convincing themselves we're a brand name, elite level program. It's just not so. This is, after all, our FIRST #1 ranking. We're a great program... but we need a BCS win or two before we can start talking about the next level.

On the whole though, I think there are a lot of us that are taking it in stride. But some people are going to get carried away on a big night like this. Only natural, if regrettable.

We're irrelevant, rude, obnoxious, etc.

you seem to get it

Let us have our day in the sun. At this rate, it might not last that long. But still, for a night, we're on top. Maybe it's just till Thursday. But it feels good right now.

like I said, that's great but we really don't care. Bragging about it on a UT forum just makes very little sense. Not sure what you want to accomplish

Yeah, There are some Duck fans out there who are pros at convincing themselves we're a brand name, elite level program. It's just not so. This is, after all, our FIRST #1 ranking. We're a great program... but we need a BCS win or two before we can start talking about the next level.

On the whole though, I think there are a lot of us that are taking it in stride. But some people are going to get carried away on a big night like this. Only natural, if regrettable.

No one is asking you not to be excited.

My question is just honestly wanting to know why the joygasm has to happen on a UT message board? Is there nit a relevant oregon board?

IF, and that's a big IF, but IF you stay at number one, get used to other teams hating you for that reason only. It's one of the perks of being number one, if I remember correctly. It's been a while.

No one is asking you not to be excited.

My question is just honestly wanting to know why the joygasm has to happen on a UT message board? Is there nit a relevant oregon board?

I do post on Oregon boards. I have celebrated there as well. But I also post on here. My girlfriend went to UT for the first 2 years before she transferred to UO and is a big UT (and UO) fan so I often come on here to see what's going on with UT football. Plus. I'm in an Around the NCAA Forum, posting in a game about two Big Ten teams that had major relevance to UO. Seems fair game to me.

I do post on Oregon boards. I have celebrated there as well. But I also post on here. My girlfriend went to UT for the first 2 years before she transferred to UO and is a big UT (and UO) fan so I often come on here to see what's going on with UT football. Plus. I'm in an Around the NCAA Forum, posting in a game about two Big Ten teams that had major relevance to UO. Seems fair game to me.

That's what we're saying. :p

Fair enough. Just don't get it confused that your school, like your fanbase, mean as much to me as the load of steaming crap my lab dropped this morning in the yard.

IF, and that's a big IF, but IF you stay at number one, get used to other teams hating you for that reason only. It's one of the perks of being number one, if I remember correctly. It's been a while.

I could live with it. :)

But like you said, we gotta stay there first. I fully admit that it's gonna be VERY difficult to run the table. I've watched enough CFB to know that more often then not, the team ranked #1 in mid october isn't still there come Bowl season.

Even better. Strength in numbers.

Why didn't you fight the dudes who threw drinks on you?

It was in the second quarter, right after we tied it up at 13. We didn't want to get kicked out and miss the rest of the game.

It was in the second quarter, right after we tied it up at 13. We didn't want to get kicked out and miss the rest of the game.

You serious?

Not that I'm some thug a$$ banger, but some things I don't tolerate. Two of which are people spitting at and or throwing drinks on me. I would've had to watch the game from a bar or from my home. :yes:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back