#1 Florida at Tennessee Doubleheader Thread - 12PM

I wanted see if my previous post was actually true...It is true for the last 5 years, since 2013, this is the best record after 12 SEC Games that we have had...I kept going...the last time we had a winning record after 12 SEC Games was 2008, we were 7-5...That is a decade...since then 5-7 is the best we have done, we did that in 2012 and this season...

I realize that some of that is scheduling, but wow...the last two seasons we were 3-9 at this point, which was what I was referring to is being in a deep hole...in this conference your season is almost assuredly over when you start that way.

2017 (3-9)
2016 (3-9)
2015 (4-8)
2014 (4-8)
2013 (3-9)
2012 (5-7)
2011 (2-10)
2010 (3-9)
2009 (1-11)
2008 (7-5)

Reactions: 1 person
My boy Wil Dalton with the huge 2-run double. Hate it for Tennessee but I love the kid, known him since he was in 1st grade, one of my son’s very best friends. He wanted to go to Tennessee, would’ve committed in a heartbeat, was never recruited by the Vols.

Assume that was the prior staff - but good for him and yes - he would be a huge difference maker for this team -- can't afford to miss on that kind of talent. He is already having a great year. Congrats to him. We also have starting pitchers from Knoxville that pitch for others in the SEC - hopefully this staff gets this turned around.

I wanted see if my previous post was actually true...It is true for the last 5 years, since 2013, this is the best record after 12 SEC Games that we have had...I kept going...the last time we had a winning record after 12 SEC Games was 2008, we were 7-5...That is a decade...since then 5-7 is the best we have done, we did that in 2012 and this season...

I realize that some of that is scheduling, but wow...the last two seasons we were 3-9 at this point, which was what I was referring to is being in a deep hole...in this conference your season is almost assuredly over when you start that way.

2017 (3-9)
2016 (3-9)
2015 (4-8)
2014 (4-8)
2013 (3-9)
2012 (5-7)
2011 (2-10)
2010 (3-9)
2009 (1-11)
2008 (7-5)

Good stuff 66. Just avoid getting swept again and win a couple of weekend series and we are in pretty good shape. A tall order I know.

How do you not get either Benoit or Walsh in this weekend. To me they have looked like the two best relievers we have over the last few weeks.

Good stuff 66. Just avoid getting swept again and win a couple of weekend series and we are in pretty good shape. A tall order I know.

Yeah. I'm not trying to anyone's hopes up, especially mine...just saying if we play solid, pitch solid, play a little better in the field and somebody like Derkay can get hot...

But yeah...it's on the road, in Baton Rouge, and a good portion of this team has absolutely no idea what they are walking into down there.

Yeah. I'm not trying to anyone's hopes up, especially mine...just saying if we play solid, pitch solid, play a little better in the field and somebody like Derkay can get hot...

But yeah...it's on the road, in Baton Rouge, and a good portion of this team has absolutely no idea what they are walking into down there.

It is pretty intimidating but so is ole miss. This is the year to get them. Pitching is ok. hitting, for their standards, isn’t that good. We cannot play stupid in the field again or we lose all three.

That sounds like a Butchism. Hope they know which way to turn out of the dugout. :)

It is pretty intimidating but so is ole miss. This is the year to get them. Pitching is ok. hitting, for their standards, isn’t that good. We cannot play stupid in the field again or we lose all three.

It was still chilly when we played OM, LSU is sitting at 6-6, the fans are gonna be on point...I haven't looked at the forecast for down there...

At least Kim Mulkey's son is gone. He killed us a couple of years ago.

2017 (3-9)
2016 (3-9)
2015 (4-8)
2014 (4-8)
2013 (3-9)
2012 (5-7)
2011 (2-10)
2010 (3-9)
2009 (1-11)
2008 (7-5)

good stuff! I imagine our SOS so far in conference play isn't to shabby either, basically have already played 3 projected and more than likely Regional teams.

good stuff! I imagine our SOS so far in conference play isn't to shabby either, basically have already played 3 projected and more than likely Regional teams.

SOS is ranked 27th...RPI is sitting around 60...I'm not sure if the win today has been factored into that number or not...

How do you not get either Benoit or Walsh in this weekend. To me they have looked like the two best relievers we have over the last few weeks.

Seven inning games do limit the rotation but agree with the comment. Benot, Walsh, and Schultz need to be part of the process if we're going to move up the rankings. Huge mis-balance of innings thrown...recipe for tied arms.

Seven inning games do limit the rotation but agree with the comment. Benot, Walsh, and Schultz need to be part of the process if we're going to move up the rankings. Huge mis-balance of innings thrown...recipe for tied arms.

It is about winning not playing time. When we have a P that gets you to the 7-8 inning bring the closer in.

Last edited:
Oh man...that's rough. Game 1 today...Stallings has 1 out, batter at 0-2....blooper that Brodie misjudged on a change up...Then Lingo gets 2 away on a grounder...So RISP, 2 outs and Lingo vs. India...

0-1, 1-1, 2-1 close pitch, intentional walk...

Dalton comes up...0-1 foul, Ammo misplays the ball and UF goes up by 1...

Damn...Ammo knew it too...

Oh man...that's rough. Game 1 today...Stallings has 1 out, batter at 0-2....blooper that Brodie misjudged on a change up...Then Lingo gets 2 away on a grounder...So RISP, 2 outs and Lingo vs. India...

0-1, 1-1, 2-1 close pitch, intentional walk...

Dalton comes up...0-1 foul, Ammo misplays the ball and UF goes up by 1...

Damn...Ammo knew it too...

Yep, the 1st game still stings. Especially when looking at the standings.

Yep, the 1st game still stings. Especially when looking at the standings.

I feel for Stallings...reminds me of those games with Godley where he completely deserved to win and just got let down time and time again.

VN Store

Back