#1 Florida at Tennessee Doubleheader Thread - 12PM

Lingo pitched well, but he walks 3 guys in the 10th, a four pitch walk to start the 11th, hits India, the next batter...nobody is up in the pen...sac bunt moves the runners, 1 out...JJ sac flies to RF and UF goes up...then ALip makes a bad throw, 6-4 game...then he's at 92 pitches and he's asked to throw over to 1B, almost gets the guy, but he gets the K! anyway...

In reference to the other thread, Santiago didn't cost us the game by any stretch.

Reactions: 1 person
Derkay has to swing at that, right down the pike on a 3-2 count...1 away...Charleston works to 3-2...pops it up in shallow CF, we didn't make that play, almost identical...

We had our chances, in game 2 of the series...the upside is they are the best team in the conference, one of, if not the best teams in the country and we don't have to play them again. In that respect, the schedule gets easier...not much, but these guys can clean some things up and with some luck be a pretty good team.

They have to want it though.

Last edited:
It is about winning not playing time. When we have a P that gets you to the 7-8 inning bring the closer in.

That's about as obvious of a statement as the tip of your nose VR. If you and anyone else on this forum think the weekend starters will go 7-8 innings every time out and Lingo will close each of the 3 games out than maybe its time to switch over to the football forum.

Believe it is time for Neeley or Stallings to move to Friday night starter. Crochet’s era in conference is now almost 8!

When you look at conference only stats, it ain’t pretty on most hitters and a lot of pitchers.

Believe it is time for Neeley or Stallings to move to Friday night starter. Crochet’s era in conference is now almost 8!

When you look at conference only stats, it ain’t pretty on most hitters and a lot of pitchers.

I say keep it like it is. We may not win against a Friday starter no matter who is pitching on our side. I’d rather Stallings and Neely face the 2s and 3s.

Reactions: 3 people
I say keep it like it is. We may not win against a Friday starter no matter who is pitching on our side. I’d rather Stallings and Neely face the 2s and 3s.

That’s a good point. Right now it is win enough to get to Hoover and that is probably the best way.

Vols showed a lot of heart and fight to win that 3rd game after giving the 2nd one away like they did. This team may have just enough pitching (4 of them) and grit to sneak into Hoover.

I say keep the rotation the same,,, Crochet seems to be able to go deep into the games and eat up some innings for us for the most part,,,, that helps to save the bullpen a little bit for the last two games,,,Coach Anderson seems to have a pretty good hold on these guys, for being with them for such a short period of time ,,, i don't know the answers for this team,,, a lot to work on still,,,but we are 5-7 in SEC,, just need to stay ahead of two teams to get to Hoover Going to be tough. Go Vols!!!!

Vols showed a lot of heart and fight to win that 3rd game after giving the 2nd one away like they did. This team may have just enough pitching (4 of them) and grit to sneak into Hoover.

Yeah, and they were able to quickly put the Friday night massacre behind them, which is a good sign.

He said we should have won the series.

Nothing more fun than watching these guys develop.

Guys at the highest level have the same kind of doubts.

Enjoys the college game, glad to be back at Tennessee, still has great relationships with his college teammates.

The blow outs are easier to get over than like what happened in game 2...players did a good job of turning it around...

The players sometimes look at his highlights on youtube, "you were actually pretty good."

Pretty short interview, but it was good.

VN Store

Back