#1 2020 Paige Bueckers to UCONN

1)All Star games are literally meaningless. The teams run no organized offense.
2)Geno was not after Horston since day 1. UConn starting recruiting her late,essentially last Dec 2017/Jan 2018. Kids Geno is after day 1 he goes early and hard..Bueckers, Fudd, Deberry are latest.
--Bueckers had 2 unofficials as a sophmore, again as jr, and Geno went to see her himself according to her local MN newspaper 7 to 8 times. Bueckers was offered fall of her sophomore year and Geno said she was ahead of Taurasi in her development at 16.
--Azzi Fudd(#1 ranked 2021) had unofficials as freshmen and was offered as a frosh. Geno doesn't offer freshmen unless they are incredibly special. People that get offered that early by UConn are Stewart, Moore, Taurasi in the past.
--Amari Deberry(#2 ranked 2021) another kid on unofficials as frosh, offered as a sophomore. Kid adores UConn, said in local interview she cried when she got her 1st UConn letter. She idioized Stewie, also from western NY. Will be absolutely shocked if Deberry is not at UConn. Fudd also vey high probability

If he wasn't after Horston then why did UConn fans cry so hard when she committed to Tennessee. Don't come here with the BS I know as much about what is going on in recruiting as you probably more don't try to feed me a line about he was not after the best player in the 2019 calls because it is BS.

The number one player in this years class going Stanford didn't look like the number one player at the McDonalds game. The number one player looked like Horston and it wasn't even close. Ratings have gotten a little crappy in the past few seasons. Some of the number one players Russell and a couple that UConn got have not been number one as their career progressed. I am sure Geno knows who is an excellent player and who isn't because he was after Horston from day one until Tennessee got her. Now keeping her is the problem for us. The players I don't want him to get are the big strong post players because he knows how to use them with the type of perimeter player this girl is to destroy defenses. The reason this years UConn team doesn't look superior to everyone is the lack of that big post player. We need to keep them away from him so everyone in WCCB can compete.

I wasn’t impressed by Haley myself. Rest assure though, Tara, will get her playing like one.
Horston & Rickea Jackson were impressive to me.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I always thought she was going to UConn with VanLith (I think that’s how you spell it). I wouldn’t be surprised if ND wasn’t in play as well.

VanLith mentions ND. But most believe that its the Pac 12, Baylor or UConn. ND will have to "settle" for Clark from Iowa and/or Kelley from Texas at guard.

I wasn’t impressed by Haley myself. Rest assure though, Tara, will get her playing like one.
Horston & Rickea Jackson were impressive to me.
I agree she is a player but not number one. Just like Mercedes was not number one in her class and Lauren Cox was not number one that would be Ionescu. Samuelson was a good player but in the running for number one in that class are Ogunbawale and Durr. The point being anyone in the top ten even in the top fifteen could turn out to be the number one player. In that class I think she has a lot of competition from Reese and Brink.

If he wasn't after Horston then why did UConn fans cry so hard when she committed to Tennessee. Don't come here with the BS I know as much about what is going on in recruiting as you probably more don't try to feed me a line about he was not after the best player in the 2019 calls because it is BS.

Honestly. Horston (I am not a Vol fan) looked better than Jones or Bueckers based on the summer. I'm not as critical about All-Star games. Some players adapt to that environment better than others.

UConn fans or UConn cultists's need to cease with the Fox and Grapes routine. Some players just pick other schools for whatever reason. Proximity. The degree is better at a Stanford or Notre Dame. The social life may be better at schools that have diversions like actual football teams. And there are plenty of talented young women who believe that UConn is a dream come true. But the bashing, from Asia Durr, Arike Ogunbowale (all she did was tweet out her 5 schools) and Diamond Deshields to Horston and Brunelle was just pathetic.

Reactions: VolNExile

The person said he was after her from the beginning, he wasn't. Geno showed very late interest which was explained. Clearly you don't know as much as you think about recruiting if you think the 1st time you bother to go see a kid is January when they are doing home visits in March. and you think that's after someone from the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: brassie
The problem is Holly stupidly decided to restart the series with UConn next year. So we do have to worry about them now. Geno will do everything in his power to embarrass UT.
Honestly I don't think I could be more embarrassed. We lost to a Vandy team that had like 6 wins.

The person said he was after her from the beginning, he wasn't. Geno showed very late interest which was explained. Clearly you don't know as much as you think about recruiting if you think the 1st time you bother to go see a kid is January when they are doing home visits in March. and you think that's after someone from the beginning.
Clearly your from the UConn board so fake news is what you will be spreading and so goodbye. He missed on everybody in 2019 so I guess he wasn't recruiting anybody.

Clearly your from the UConn board so fake news is what you will be spreading and so goodbye. He missed on everybody in 2019 so I guess he wasn't recruiting anybody.

Sorry the facts showed you up, now run along. Trumpster response of fake news. The refuge of the not bright when facts are against them, which is all the time!

Reactions: olddog

Unless you're on the UConn coaching staff then you don't know either since the coaches aren't allowed to say anything. Just because posters on the Boneyard a re saying it or the UConn horde are reporting rumors and speculation doesn't make it true. That info is almost never coming from the coaches or the recruits.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Unless you're on the UConn coaching staff then you don't know either since the coaches aren't allowed to say anything. Just because posters on the Boneyard a re saying it or the UConn horde are reporting rumors and speculation doesn't make it true. That info is almost never coming from the coaches or the recruits.

If you actually go to tourneys to see who is showing up to see whom, know the AAU circuit, the coaches, have contacts,etc..you do know. But, just b/c you don't have sources don't think others don't. UConn was late to Horston as stated.

Last edited:
If you actually go to tourneys to see who is showing up to see whom, know the AAU circuit, the coaches, have contacts,etc..you do know. But, just b/c you don't have sources don't think others don't. UConn was late to Horston as stated.
They were evidently late on everybody except one recruit. I guess none of them were good enough players for UConn.

They were evidently late on everybody except one recruit. I guess none of them were good enough players for UConn.

Get out of the 1st rd. 6 AA's and can't get past 2nd round 3 years in a row. Lost to Vandy, a dumpster fire team at home. How did going to TN work for Russel, Cooper, Deshields, Westbrook? ..I can keep going. TN stock pile recruits and do nothing with them. They only made the tourney this year as a charity case by the NCAA and promptly showed why they were undeserving of the charity.

Get out of the 1st rd and then you talk. 6 AA's and cam't get past2ndround 3 years in a row. Lost to Vandy, a dumpster fire team at home. How did going to TN work for Russel, Cooper, Deshields, Westbrook, ..I can keep going. The only made the tourney thisyear as a charity case by the NCAA and promptly showed why they were undeserving of charity.
What does getting out of a round or playing basketball have to do with recruiting? Getting a little off subject aren't you Skippy. Were talking about how Uconn didn't want any of the 2019 recruits because they didn't get any of them so of course they were never recruited. Thanks for not recruiting anybody lot of great players going to other schools.

Reactions: Mdoggie
What does getting out of a round or playing basketball have to do with recruiting? Getting a little off subject aren't you Skippy. Were talking about how Uconn didn't want any of the 2019 recruits because they didn't get any of them so of course they were never recruited. Thanks for not recruiting anybody lot of great players going to other schools.

Nobody but a bitter little TN fanboy b/c the program is a dumpster fire equates not getting all desired recruits to not wanting any of them. You're clearly a silly little bitter man. That bitterness comes when you can't win and waste what talent you get. Go TN to be mediocre...Deshields, Cooper, Russell,etc.. Holly ideology....,we really want you....so we can make you mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you're clearly not bright. Nobody but a bitter little TN fanboy b/c the program is a dumpster fire equates not getting all desired recruits to not wanting any of them. You're clearly a silly little bitter man. That bitterness comes when you can't win and waste what talent you get. Go TN to be mediocre...Deshields, Cooper, Russell,etc.. Holly ideology....,we really want you....so we can make you mediocre.
Insults will get you no where Skippy your clearly a totally misinformed UConn fan that likes to come over and spread false news. How that 2019 class work out for you. I guess it was fine because you didn't want any of the players. Now you better move along insulting posters is not allowed on this site and I don't want to report you but if you can't post without acting like a five year old child then that is the way I will go with it.

Try reading comprehension.....the poster said they were after her from the beginning". That's 100% false. They were very late to Horston, January 2018. They were not after her from the beginning. Kids UConn is after from the "beginning" they have on unofficials as freshmen and sophomores and definitely in the fall of jr year. They don't first go to see the kid 2 months before home visits, which they did not do a . Horston was a late add on b/c they needed to fill a guard spot that opened up after AEH leaving in December, hence January they suddenly started looking at guards and there were others they took late looks at besides Horston.

Try reading comprehension.....the poster said they were after her from the beginning". That's 100% false. They were very late to Horston, January 2018. They were not after her from the beginning. Kids UConn is after from the "beginning" they have on unofficials as freshmen and sophomores and definitely in the fall of jr year. They don't first go to see the kid 2 months before home visits, which they did not do a . Horston was a late add on b/c they needed to fill a guard spot that opened up after AEH leaving in December, hence January they suddenly started looking at guards and there were others they took late looks at besides Horston.
So I don't believe you or your source and we can leave it right there. The fact is UConn and every other school got out recruited for Horston so if you say you were late fine I don't believe you so why are we still talking.

Insults will get you no where Skippy your clearly a totally misinformed UConn fan that likes to come over and spread false news. How that 2019 class work out for you. I guess it was fine because you didn't want any of the players. Now you better move along insulting posters is not allowed on this site and I don't want to report you but if you can't post without acting like a five year old child then that is the way I will go with it.

Reading comprehenson and logic are something you never learned. FYI, how's the last decade How's the last 10 years worked out for you.. Compare and contrast to another suppoed top program..UConn, ND, Louisville, Stanford, Baylor etc,,, Clearly the failure hurts...You're clearly a bitter and very misinformed, actually willfully ignorant. But losing makes you bitter..10 years and rolling!

Last edited:
Reading comprehenson and logic are something you never learned. FYI, how's the last decade How's the last 10 yearsworked out for you.. Compare and contrast to another suppoed top program..UConn, ND, Louisville, Stanford, Baylorm etc,,, Clearly the failure hurts...You're clearly a bitter and very misinformed, actually willfully ignorant. But losing makes you bitter..10 years and rolling!
Don't believe you not believable sorry don't think what you say is accurate why you persist go visit someone who cares. Doesn't hurt me at all we have other sports at UT like softball where were always a top team. Men's basketball top ten team. Women's basketball is just another sport which I watch along with the others. And by the way I do not believe you why do you persist.

So I don't believe you or your source and we can leave it right there. The fact is UConn and every other school got out recruited for Horston so if you say you were late fine I don't believe you so why are we still talking.

You're talking b/c you know nothing about recruiting. Kids make bad decisions, Horston chose the worst coach in Holly of any program that was interested in her. She actually said, she loved Holly and that's why she came...LOL That alone tells you the kids judgement is questionable. Holly is a dumpster fire coach and did the same to TN. Holly's appeal is come here I'll let you do what you want, not "coach you up" to get the most from your talent. It's funny to play disorganized street ball, until you realize you're losing 10-14 games a yr for mutliple years and losing to Vandy.

You're talking b/c you know nothing about recruiting. Kids make bad decisions, Horston chose the worst coach in Holly of any program that was interested in her. She actually said, she loved Holly and that's why she came...LOL That alone tells you the kids judgement is questionable. Holly is a dumpster fire coach and did the same to TN. Holly's appeal is come here I'll let you do what you want, not "coach you up" to get the most from your talent. It's funny to play disorganized street ball, until you realize you're losing 10-14 games a yr for mutliple years and losing to Vandy.
Holly is not the coach at Tennessee anymore one thing we can agree on is that she was a terrible coach. Otherwise do not believe you now or two hours ago or two hours from now, tomorrow, next week, a month from nor, a year from now, or ten years. You can continue as long as you like but I do not believe a word you are saying except about Holly we all know she was terrible.

Don't believe you not believable sorry don't think what you say is accurate why you persist go visit someone who cares. Doesn't hurt me at all we have other sports at UT like softball where were always a top team. Men's basketball top ten team. Women's basketball is just another sport which I watch along with the others. And by the way I do not believe you why do you persist.

Sorry you don't like facts and refuse to accept them. You have then proceeded in showing you know nothing. UConn starting looking at several guards for 2019 Class in January 2018 after AEH transferred in Dec 2017. Horston was one of the players they started recruiting late to fill AEH spot.

Sorry you don't like facts and refuse to accept them. You have then proceeded in showing you know nothing. UConn starting looking at several guards for 2019 Class in January 2018 after AEH transferred in Dec 2017. Horston was one of the players they started recruiting late to fill AEH spot.
All I can tell you was you were not getting Horston regardless wasn't going to happen. You also struck out on every other player in 2019 except one. You need some Grad Transfers or players from somewhere because your losing more players than your gaining next season. I know still be a good team but not as good as this years team unless you find some players no one knows about right now. Fake news can be Fox, or any other source fake news comes from everywhere but mostly from UConn fans. I didn't vote for Trump so you missed your mark I am sure a lot of people here did but my fake news was totally aimed at UConn posters as they always come over here with elaborate stories of how they didn't want this or that recruit especially when they sign somewhere else. Regardless UConn needs a class in 2020 or things are gonna get a lot worse than they have been they are off to a good start with this player Bueckers.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
All I can tell you was you were not getting Horston regardless wasn't going to happen. You also struck out on every other player in 2019 except one. You need some Grad Transfers or players from somewhere because your losing more players than your gaining next season. I know still be a good team but not as good as this years team unless you find some players no one knows about right now. Fake news can be Fox, or any other source fake news comes from everywhere but mostly from UConn fans. I didn't vote for Trump so you missed your mark I am sure a lot of people here did but my fake news was totally aimed at UConn posters as they always come over here with elaborate stories of how they didn't want this or that recruit especially when they sign somewhere else. Regardless UConn needs a class in 2020 or things are gonna get a lot worse than they have been they are off to a good start with this player Bueckers.

Again, nobody said UConn didn't recruit Horston or want her, that's the BS in your mind. The falsehood was they were after her from the beginning,they weren't. They started looking at guards b/c AEH transfer, already explained, but something you can't comprehend.

Don't worry about UConn, worry about TN.. UConn has foreign prospects in the works possibly for 2019-20. UConn "a lot worse", you wish TN was as bad or " a lot worse" as UConn. A perceived off year is another Final 4 & possibility of a NC.

VN Store

Back