#1 2020 Paige Bueckers to UCONN

Again, nobody said UConn didn't recruit Horston or want her, that's the BS in your mind. The falsehood was they were after her from the beginning,they weren't. They started looking at guards b/c AEH transfer, already explained, but something you can't comprehend.

Don't worry about UConn, worry about TN.. UConn has foreign prospects in the works possibly for 2019-20. UConn "a lot worse", you wish TN was as bad or " a lot worse" as UConn. A perceived off year is another Final 4 & possibility of a NC.
I don't worry about UConn never posted there will never post there pulling for anyone that plays them to win. I do worry about Tennessee that is why I am here on the Tennessee board not on the Uconn board where I would never go. I guess you have some concern for Tennessee as you come over here to post. Hopefully were gonna be a lot better next season we'll have a new coach and everybody back certainly have the talent to compete just needed a coach. Horston gives us the elite player we needed and we have two big centers coming in that are way underrated by every service. We'll see how it works out were glad Holly is gone it finally happened and we'll move forward now as we have the players to be a top team next season.

[QUOTE="Volfan2012, post: 16645840, member: 49757" I guess you have some concern for Tennessee as you come over here to post. Hopefully were gonna be a lot better next season we'll have a new coach and everybody back certainly have the talent to compete just needed a coach. Horston gives us the elite player we needed and we have two big centers coming in that are way underrated by every service. We'll see how it works out were glad Holly is gone it finally happened and we'll move forward now as we have the players to be a top team next season.[/QUOTE]

Not concerned about TN at all. The program is been in decline for a decade and in shambles the last 4 to 5. Tn goal is to make a Sweet 16, which for the top programs UConn, ND, UL, Baylor, Stanford is a disaster year.

Emphasis added.

"Bueckers said she has strong relationships with Auriemma and assistant coach Chris Dailey, and she has loved her visits to the UConn campus, most recently on Nov. 2 for a Huskies exhibition game.
"The fan base is so amazing that it felt like we were playing Notre Dame in the NCAA tournament instead of an exhibition," she said. "I want to be a part of what UConn has built.

"The women's team is loved on campus. Women's basketball is what UConn is known for, and it's not like that at other schools. To see that support for women's sports is awesome."
Bueckers said she's not afraid of lofty expectations.
"I love what they do. It looks like so much fun," she said. "I know there's pressure when you have UConn across your chest, but I love pressure. I love when the rival fans hate you -- that makes the game more fun and entertaining.
"UConn plays with passion. They play the game the right way. They play team basketball. They play hard. That appeals to me because I'm a team-first player."

Notice the absence of "Me, me, me!"

Bueckers will start from day on big time player can flat out shoot the rock.

[QUOTE="Volfan2012, post: 16645840, member: 49757" I guess you have some concern for Tennessee as you come over here to post. Hopefully were gonna be a lot better next season we'll have a new coach and everybody back certainly have the talent to compete just needed a coach. Horston gives us the elite player we needed and we have two big centers coming in that are way underrated by every service. We'll see how it works out were glad Holly is gone it finally happened and we'll move forward now as we have the players to be a top team next season.

Not concerned about TN at all. The program is been in decline for a decade and in shambles the last 4 to 5. Tn goal is to make a Sweet 16, which for the top programs UConn, ND, UL, Baylor, Stanford is a disaster year.[/QUOTE]
Don't you know a coach can change all that in one year with the players on the roster and the ones coming in of course you probably don't.

Nika Mühl, 5-9 PG out of Zagreb, Croatia, has announced her commitment to UConn, their second 2020 commit, joining Paige Bueckers, 5-10 G, Hopkins HS (MN)

Nika Mühl, 5-9 PG out of Zagreb, Croatia, has announced her commitment to UConn, their second 2020 commit, joining Paige Bueckers, 5-10 G, Hopkins HS (MN)

Muhl's decision was earlier than expected. She was just quoted in an article while at the Final 4 futures event, saying she was likely going to make a decision in the summer. She was planning to visit UConn in May. Her other finalists were Louisville, Oregon, USF and Ohio State. All but UL had been to Croatia to visit her in home in the last month.

UConn has been angling for a 2 PG class or 1 pure PG and combo guard class. Of the 4 known/publicly confirmed offers, 3 were to PG's. UConn also had offered Van Lith, who is the #2 ranked PG in 2020 Class. Bueckers was the one Geno wanted the most having been on her trail since she was a freshmen. She plays PG in HS but is compared to Taurasi in that she can play the #1 or #2 just as well.

I agree she is a player but not number one. Just like Mercedes was not number one in her class and Lauren Cox was not number one that would be Ionescu. Samuelson was a good player but in the running for number one in that class are Ogunbawale and Durr. The point being anyone in the top ten even in the top fifteen could turn out to be the number one player. In that class I think she has a lot of competition from Reese and Brink.

You can also take a number one and make them look like a number 200 if you are a clueless coach.

Muhl's decision was earlier than expected. She was just quoted in an article while at the Final 4 futures event, saying she was likely going to make a decision in the summer. She was planning to visit UConn in May. Her other finalists were Louisville, Oregon, USF and Ohio State. All but UL had been to Croatia to visit her in home in the last month.

UConn has been angling for a 2 PG class or 1 pure PG and combo guard class. Of the 4 known/publicly confirmed offers, 3 were to PG's. UConn also had offered Van Lith, who is the #2 ranked PG in 2020 Class. Bueckers was the one Geno wanted the most having been on her trail since she was a freshmen. She plays PG in HS but is compared to Taurasi in that she can play the #1 or #2 just as well.

HVL won’t be going to UConn now.

IMO HVL wasn't going to UConn when Bueckers announced on April 1st. HVL ranked as #2 PG wasn't going to the same place with the #1 ranked PG.
I agree about HVL even before Muhl's verbal. I do think they have a very good shot at Fudd.

I agree about HVL even before Muhl's verbal. I do think they have a very good shot at Fudd.

2021 UConn is all over Fudd and Deberry. Both have been offered long ago and are being going after just like they did with Bueckers. UConn has a very good chance on both.

VN Store

Back