“Hendon has his best football ahead of him”??!!

I think Hooker has plenty of room for improvement. He played well for us this year, but I think in the system another year his stock could potentially soar. I think he is coming back. GBO! Hope Tillman does too, both them coming back would be a huge lift. GBO!!!!

Well his QBR is 40ish points higher than Peyton's best season at UT. 26 to 3 TD to INT ratio is just ridiculous.

I feel like Tillman probably goes...VJones is done. Not sure who we lose up front, but it may be hard to replicate this season next year. He's got a lot to think about but if this season doesn't get him a good grade it's hard to imagine what would.

I'm not saying he should/should not be drafted, I'm no scout for sure. I'm just saying it may be hard to improve on this season.

I'd be stunned to see Tillman gone

If Vince Young, Tebow, and Dobbs didn’t make it in the NFL than I don’t see how Hooker will even be drafted.
They all 3 collected some serious money. He’ll probably do the same but that’ll be after one more year of tearing it up in orange

I think maybe he doesn't. If he gets a bad draft grade after having the highest rated passing season in school history, how much can he improve his stock next year?
Apparently there is an insane amount of QBs going pro this year. Could be one reason to fall back.

I see no scenario that Hooker doesn’t come back. Look at his play tonight. Did he do anything to impress an NFL scout? No he didn’t. Hooker will be back.
So you'll discount His season in it's entirety and base His draft status off one game ?! I'll let Mel and Todd know you're coming for thier job.

FYI, the premise if this thread apparently is wrong. CJH was referring to Tillman, not Hooker. :rolleyes:

CJH on Tillman

“I believe his (Tillman) best football is still ahead of him,” said Heupel. “He’s a guy that from the moment we’ve gotten here he’s just been super consistent in who he is and how he approaches the day, how he works in the weight room.”

“Man, he’s got a chance to be an extremely dominant football player next year. Guy’s got a chance to do some really special things and help this program win.”

I’d say that’s a pretty strong recruiting pitch from Heupel.

I think it’s just a matter of time until one of these 3rd rate sports bloggers uses “we love you long time” as a headline for a article about Hooker.

If Vince Young, Tebow, and Dobbs didn’t make it in the NFL than I don’t see how Hooker will even be drafted.
Tebow is explainable. Hooker is a much better passer than Dobbs. I don’t know what happened with Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, and a slew of guys like that. But Hooker has responded well to coaching and improved greatly. The League is always desperate for respectable QB play. It seems like I am hearing a name every week that I have to google. Hooker can contribute if those guys can. He has his head screwed on right and shows up on game day.

2 pt conversions have to be quick strike, so I agree with you

I agree, but the game was ultimately lost during regular play when the Auburn runner was driven/dragged out of bounds with a little under 2 minutes to go. If he had stayed in bounds, Alabama would not have had time to tie the score.

Watching a defeated-looking Saban on the sidelines I wondered "How much longer is he going to do this?" Besides offensive gurus like Heupel and Kiffin, the biggest threat to his continued dominance is the portal system which disperses talent more evenly. In the past, he was able to lock up talent to create a huge gap in ability, but those days are over. Even Alvin Kamara called himself "stupid as hell" for joining Alabama which had a loaded backfield. What has Saban got to prove at this point? If he announces his retirement after this season, I wouldn't be surprised.

Well his QBR is 40ish points higher than Peyton's best season at UT. 26 to 3 TD to INT ratio is just ridiculous.

I feel like Tillman probably goes...VJones is done. Not sure who we lose up front, but it may be hard to replicate this season next year. He's got a lot to think about but if this season doesn't get him a good grade it's hard to imagine what would.

I'm not saying he should/should not be drafted, I'm no scout for sure. I'm just saying it may be hard to improve on this season.
I believe Tillman returns and will be the dominate WR in the SEC, especially when Hooker announces he will be back next year.

VN Store

Back