“Hendon has his best football ahead of him”??!!

If he can come back and somehow lead this team to an East championship then he would be a sure fire 1st round pick imo. I don’t think we will but anything is possible.

What is the date or event of no turning back on a decision to forgo college and declare for draft. Cant players test the draft and come back if they aren’t working with an agent?

I think maybe he doesn't. If he gets a bad draft grade after having the highest rated passing season in school history, how much can he improve his stock next year?

A lot.

Needs exposure and to repeat. One hit wonders win Heismans but NFL teams too savvy to fall for it.

if he comes back he will be a dark horse Heisman candidate. He will get a full season to get > 30 TDs. We hopefully will improve our OL depth in the portal and if he and Tilman are back will be top qb/wr combo in the sec. So he does have a big opportunity to improve his draft stock as No one had him on their radar until recently and next year he will be talked about in the same sentence with Bryce Young as far as top QBs go.

Reactions: Volfanjohnny2005
Pro scouts don’t look at stats.
I kinda buy that in someone like a d lineman. Say he's the best player on his team and he's always getting double teamed so he doesn't lead in tackles. I think you also have to weigh stats against the level of competition,, they system they play in, etc. But make no mistake they look at how often a QB takes a sack vs throws the ball away, how many INTs they throw per 100 attempts, what's their completion rate 10,15, 20 yards down the field.

Don't get me wrong, I hope HH comes back for selfish reasons. But say he comes back and our line or our receivers are worse.

Maybe he need to come back and maybe it will help him get drafted higher. Sounds great on both fronts to me.

I just don't buy the "he needs more exposure" angle. He doesn't play for some obscure D3 school, he's in CFB's best league and on TV every week

Well his QBR is 40ish points higher than Peyton's best season at UT. 26 to 3 TD to INT ratio is just ridiculous.

I feel like Tillman probably goes...VJones is done. Not sure who we lose up front, but it may be hard to replicate this season next year. He's got a lot to think about but if this season doesn't get him a good grade it's hard to imagine what would.

I'm not saying he should/should not be drafted, I'm no scout for sure. I'm just saying it may be hard to improve on this season.

While that may be true, a lot of his passes are screens and dump offs. That can be red flag if he doesn't have enough successful game tape. Also, a lot of TDs are from WRs breaking tackles in space.

That being said it is very impressive he has played so well this season and has really carried the team.

I think if he comes back and puts up good stats next year while beating some tough teams then I think his stock will go up immensely.

In addition to Hooker, Based on Senior Day are the following possibly returning?

Carvin (Would be Huge!!)
Bumphus
Page
Mitchell
Fant

Hooker decision to come back or leave may be based on what we have coming back. I don't believe he comes back if our number 1 WR is Hyatt based on how he performed this season. We could potentially lose our 3 top guys. If that happens he could possibly hurt his NFL stock.

Is what coach said. Think he’s coming back???
From attending the game and seeing who ran through Senior day stuff, I'd say Hooker is coming back. Nothing solid to go on but he didn't go through any of that. Just my opinion that it looks more like he's decided to come back as of right now.

Yet he won games and took the team on his shoulders and made it happen.
If Fisher did more work rather than being a prick. Titans would've been better off at the time.

In VY’s “best” NFL season he threw 17 interceptions and had a combined total of 10 touchdowns. He was a below average NFL qb

VN Store

Back