‘23 KS SG Cameron Carr (Tennessee commit)

11 player rotation may be hard to manage. At least 2 of these will have little play time. Would hate to decide which two . Looks like a strong roster, maybe not quite as strong as current.

RS for Carr maybe?

Carr is a shooter and we need those next year.

11 player rotation may be hard to manage. At least 2 of these will have little play time. Would hate to decide which two . Looks like a strong roster, maybe not quite as strong as current.

RS for Carr maybe?
That’s 11 without any additions, I would think they’ll look to take 1-2 transfers who they’ll expect to play. As far as end of bench/redshirt guys next year, I think Cade Phillips will likely need some time. Carr needs to add weight, but his scoring ability is intriguing. I would think Edwards & Jefferson will be more suited to play, but we’ve yet to see what they can do so will be question marks there until we see it.

That’s 11 without any additions, I would think they’ll look to take 1-2 transfers who they’ll expect to play. As far as end of bench/redshirt guys next year, I think Cade Phillips will likely need some time. Carr needs to add weight, but his scoring ability is intriguing. I would think Edwards & Jefferson will be more suited to play, but we’ve yet to see what they can do so will be question marks there until we see it.

Is Estrella someone we can count on for solid minutes as a freshman?

Is Estrella someone we can count on for solid minutes as a freshman?
I feel like if ON and Uros both leave we won’t have much choice unless we get a transfer (and we would have room if they left). If one or both come back I think Estrella will probably be like BJ this year, spot duty

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Any guesses on DJ's projected minutes for next year (assuming ON an other seniors do not come back)?

Projected lineup :
ZZ
Philips
Mashack
Awaka
Aidoo

Bench :
DJ
Carr
Phillips (Ala)
Edwards
Dillione
It looks like the team could really use another combo forward who handles the ball well and can defend multiple positions.

Reactions: cardvolfan
is the 24 class complete? are they still actively pursuing other prospects?
Seeing as you mean 2023, as of now yes…a coaching change that someone asks out of a NLI could occur but transfer portal would seem to be the focus. Not a ton of room expected as of now.

Phillips is underrated and Carr's shooting would be a Godsend to this year's Vols team, imo

Phillips is underrated and Carr's shooting would be a Godsend to this year's Vols team, imo
At this time, anyone who can make shots consistently ahold be welcome. I know, we hit about 50 % of our shots last night, but we shot very few foul shots. It was a rough game to call, but we ended up on the visiting team when fouls were called. I don’t remember the turn overs for each team, I believe we had more than they did.

VN Store

Back