‘23 KS SG Cameron Carr (Tennessee commit)

PG - ZZ/BJ
SG - Dilione/Carr
SF - Mashack/Jefferson
PF - Awaka/Phillips
C - Aidoo/Estrella

Is this basically the roster assuming JJJ, Santi, ORN, Plav, and Key all leave?

Are we gonna add another to Estrella's class or just try to take a few transfers?
You left out Julian Phillips, either returning or leaving.

I posted this the other day…

PG: Zeigler/Edwards
SG: Mashack/Dilione
SF: Phillips/Jefferson/Carr
PF: Awaka/Estrella/Cade
C: Aidoo

I could see us looking for a 4 in the portal, a JJJ type small ball 4, or ORN type.

This is low key one of our best all-around classes. Team rankings may not reflect it currently, but these are some solid players top too bottom.
Also, it would appear these recruits are less likely to be 1&done type’s although Dilione may be the exception

I think either BJ is going to start next season, or we’re getting a transfer PG. Zakai prefers coming off the bench, and as we’ve seen it’s when he’s at his best.

I think either BJ is going to start next season, or we’re getting a transfer PG. Zakai prefers coming off the bench, and as we’ve seen it’s when he’s at his best.

Let’s not forget we have the prized guard from this class who enrolled early and is on campus redshirting this spring. So he will be acclimated come next fall/winter.

SF: Jefferson/Carr
PF: Awaka/Cade
C: Aidoo/Estrella

I'd say SF, PF, and maybe a PG? (Assuming none of the older guys come back)

Biggest need from that would probably have to be a SF transfer. Jmo

SF: Jefferson/Carr
PF: Awaka/Cade
C: Aidoo/Estrella

I'd say SF, PF, and maybe a PG? (Assuming none of the older guys come back)

Biggest need from that would probably have to be a SF transfer. Jmo
In that situation I would be looking to add guard/wing/post from the portal, hopefully landing at least 2/3. Phillips returning would really help clear up the picture imo.

I think ORN is leaving. Just last week after the South Carolina game he said he was looking forward to never playing in that arena again. We play there every year so…..

Doesn’t seem like something you would say unless you knew you weren’t coming back.
Unless he somehow knows that we will only play South Carolina at home next year.

You left out Julian Phillips, either returning or leaving.

I posted this the other day…

SF: Phillips/Jefferson/Carr
PF: Awaka/Estrella/Cade
C: Aidoo

I could see us looking for a 4 in the portal, a JJJ type small ball 4, or ORN type.
Defensively this lineup could be even better. I wouldn't mind finding a shooter in the portal.

Defensively this lineup could be even better. I wouldn't mind finding a shooter in the portal.
Yup, a CG or even taller PG that’s a knock down shooter would be nice addition…allow Zeigler and him to play together but also backup Zeigler as well potentially while also adding a shooter to the mix.

I think ORN is leaving. Just last week after the South Carolina game he said he was looking forward to never playing in that arena again. We play there every year so…..

Doesn’t seem like something you would say unless you knew you weren’t coming back.
Rob Lewis said in a podcast that he didn't think ORN was coming back based on those comments.

Rob Lewis said in a podcast that he didn't think ORN was coming back based on those comments.
Is he planning on trying to get into one of the European leagues? Do we have an interest in trying to offer any lesser Tshiebwe type NIL deals to get one of our seniors to reconsider leaving?

VN Store

Back