‘23 KS SG Cameron Carr (Tennessee commit)

OV is this weekend, teammate & roommate of Vol commit Cade Phillips. Late bloomer who has had some injuries that slowed him and also hit a recent growth spurt as well.

Cameron Carr - Recruiting Profile

I see some Jordan McRae in his game. I'd have preferred Davin Cosby, but Carr isn't a terrible consolation if we land him.

Had a chance to catch up with Cameron Carr after his visit wrapped up today.

Really positive experience for him this weekend in Knoxville. Like a lot of kids we talk to post-visit he was really impressed with the close knit nature of the team and how guys interacted with one another. Also like a lot of prospects we talk to, was caught off guard by how down to earth and genuine Rick Barnes is.

He and Tennessee commitment Cade Phillips are room mates at Link Academy, so that's certainly something that is in Tennessee's favor.

He has previously visited Northwestern, Kansas St. and Virginia. He has one more visit left to Louisville.

Sounds like Tennessee is very much in the thick of it.
- Rob Lewis

Basketball Recruiting - Recruiting Roundup: George Washington III, Cameron Carr

Cameron Carr, who will most likely be getting a rankings bump in the next Rivals150 update, is taking his fifth and final visit to Louisvillethis weekend. The Cardinals entered the race late, but head coach Kenny Payne has decided to throw his hat in the ring for the talented wing. The other schools involved are Tennessee, Kansas State, Virginia and Northwestern. Carr took an official visit to Knoxville last weekend, and the Volunteers have come on strong.

Assistant coach Rod Clark will be in Texas this weekend to watch Link Academy in action at an event. Tennessee commitment Cade Phillips plays for Link as does Tennessee target Cameron Carr.

Carr, a versatile guard, officially visited the week of the UT-Martin game and Tennessee made an impression. Carr has a ton of ties to the Kansas State program but there’s some buzz that this one is going to come down to Tennessee and Northwestern. He has also visited Louisville, Virginia and Kansas St.

Carr could make a decision very soon and sign next week.

Assistant coach Rod Clark will be in Texas this weekend to watch Link Academy in action at an event. Tennessee commitment Cade Phillips plays for Link as does Tennessee target Cameron Carr.

Carr, a versatile guard, officially visited the week of the UT-Martin game and Tennessee made an impression. Carr has a ton of ties to the Kansas State program but there’s some buzz that this one is going to come down to Tennessee and Northwestern. He has also visited Louisville, Virginia and Kansas St.

Carr could make a decision very soon and sign next week.
I would have to hope if it is a northwestern vs UT battle, that should be an easy win.

Reactions: walkenvol
Basketball Recruiting - Recruiting Roundup: George Washington III, Cameron Carr

Cameron Carr, who will most likely be getting a rankings bump in the next Rivals150 update, is taking his fifth and final visit to Louisvillethis weekend. The Cardinals entered the race late, but head coach Kenny Payne has decided to throw his hat in the ring for the talented wing. The other schools involved are Tennessee, Kansas State, Virginia and Northwestern. Carr took an official visit to Knoxville last weekend, and the Volunteers have come on strong.

Kenny needs to focus on Lenoir-Rhyne.

Unless, Carr cares more about getting an education. Purple Vanderbilt
He would have to not care at all about basketball. Northwestern has only made the tournament 1 time in its history. Vanderbilt at least has some basketball success in its history

The family is familiar with the coaching staff? He has 2 winning records in 9 years and been to the tourney once. Become familiar with that

Going to Northwestern for basketball is just a waste of talent if you’re a Top 150 player. I get the education angle, but there are plenty of legit basketball programs at schools with good academics.

Good luck to the kid, I guess. Bizzare decision.

Northwestern is one of a handful of schools that actually moves the needle in a job interview. I don't know anything about this guy, but if the plan is to get a degree and do something in life other than sports, getting a free ride to Northwestern is an amazing opportunity. If that's not the primary plan then obviously he ain't thinking clearly.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back