‘22 MN SF DJ Jefferson (Tennessee commit)

No doubt about it- UT definitely found some lengthy athletic wings in the 2022 recruiting class. Kudos to CRB and staff on another outstanding HS class, at least on paper, with Edwards, Phillips, and Jefferson. Practices this year at UT will be super intense and playing time will be tough to come by. I’m like everybody else though- I would love to add one more quick ball handling guard who can also defend quick guards.

Last edited:
Reactions: vol94
No doubt about it- UT definitely found some lengthy athletic wings in the 2022 recruiting class. Kudos to CRB and staff on another outstanding HS class, at least on paper, with Edwards, Phillips, and Jefferson. Practices this year at UT will be super intense and playing time will be tough to come by. I’m like everybody else though- I would love to add one more quick ball handling guard who can also defend quick guards.
Tyreke Key? Maybe? I don’t know his defensive prowess.

Tyreke Key? Maybe? I don’t know his defensive prowess.

I don’t think Key will be an elite ball handler or go to guy when we need a bucket. I may be wrong, hope so. Avoiding turnovers against pressure and reducing scoring droughts are a MUST for this team to go deep in March as it hurt us last yr, including Vs. Michigan.

Reactions: GRRN7MAXIMS
The SEC will be tough again. There will be some prime time games for sure. Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn are all loaded. LSU and Florida are quietly putting together nice teams. They may surprise a lot of teams. Just glad we have the talent to battle with the rest of the league.

The SEC will be tough again. There will be some prime time games for sure. Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn are all loaded. LSU and Florida are quietly putting together nice teams. They may surprise a lot of teams. Just glad we have the talent to battle with the rest of the league.
Arkansas losing Notae will be nice. I’m not 100% sure what they’re bringing in, but I have a hard time thinking they’re bringing anyone with his talent-or greater in.

Arkansas losing Notae will be nice. I’m not 100% sure what they’re bringing in, but I have a hard time thinking they’re bringing anyone with his talent-or greater in.

Arkansas racked up in high school recruiting and the portal. They are stacked and are ranked #1 in the ESPN too early top 25.

Arkansas racked up in high school recruiting and the portal. They are stacked and are ranked #1 in the ESPN too early top 25.
Yeah this will be the first time in forever where Arkansas has to rely on freshman, I don’t see it personally, they lost some good players from last years teams guys who could score in bunches.

UNC is bringing back the best squad for next year

I don’t think Key will be an elite ball handler or go to guy when we need a bucket. I may be wrong, hope so. Avoiding turnovers against pressure and reducing scoring droughts are a MUST for this team to go deep in March as it hurt us last yr, including Vs. Michigan.
I think Key is going to surprise a few ppl on this board if he is fully recovered from injury at the very least he is a better option than Bailey and Powell were

Yeah this will be the first time in forever where Arkansas has to rely on freshman, I don’t see it personally, they lost some good players from last years teams guys who could score in bunches.

UNC is bringing back the best squad for next year
Not to flood DJ’s thread with random stuff, but I’m not that big on UNC. They’re this coming seasons UCLA imo. They got hot at the right time.

I think Key is going to surprise a few ppl on this board if he is fully recovered from injury at the very least he is a better option than Bailey and Powell were

Def better, agree 100%. I was responding to a poster, that I don’t think he is the missing piece @ point or go to guy for a bucket.

In a week or 2, DJ will lose the Minnesota accent when he says, "Go Vols", I guarantee it. DJ is going to help UT win a game or 2, this year and will shine in year 2, imo.
He’s not from Minnesota lol

VN Store

Back