‘22 FL SF Dillon Mitchell

Man, it just isn't all about these subjective rankings. You are coming across as a stargazer at this point if you believe 40 spots in the rankings is the end-all, be-all in determining player preference. There is so much more to consider; relationships, proximity, fit, position, etc.
I know, but you are acting like I am just pulling something out of nothing. BJ Edwards is very important because of BMaze and Dillon Mitchell connections

Man, it just isn't all about these subjective rankings. You are coming across as a stargazer at this point if you believe 40 spots in the rankings is the end-all, be-all in determining player preference. There is so much more to consider; relationships, proximity, fit, position, etc.
Exactly, lol. Showing numbers by their name and saying that is why is beyond ridiculous. If there is one thing I can guarantee you it is that Barnes has a recruiting profile and he could care less about a number that the nerds at Rivals put next to their name.

I know, but you are acting like I am just pulling something out of nothing. BJ Edwards is very important because of BMaze and Dillon Mitchell connections

That’s not the only reason why he’s important.

He’s also a very talented kid that can do it all on the floor. Chandler will be great but BJ Edwards has just as much potential as anyone.

I just think you are using some general and ambiguous language from VQ and inferring what you want to from it because the idea of signing two top 30-ish shooting guards to pair with Edwards sounds obviously appealing. You then credited that shared opinion to Austin Price of Volquest, but the post you shared doesn't say anything like that. It just gives an idea of which guys Tennessee is recruiting and which guys Tennessee is in good shape with. It doesn't mean we will land them all, and it doesn't mean we will take them all. Saying it could come down to Georgetown and Tennessee for JHS likely changes if Tennessee lands Wallace. This is all fluid and subject to change with a lot of moving parts that directly and indirectly influence each other.

That's fair.
I just think you are using some general and ambiguous language from VQ and inferring what you want to from it because the idea of signing two top 30-ish shooting guards to pair with Edwards sounds obviously appealing. You then credited that shared opinion to Austin Price of Volquest, but the post you shared doesn't say anything like that. It just gives an idea of which guys Tennessee is recruiting and which guys Tennessee is in good shape with. It doesn't mean we will land them all, and it doesn't mean we will take them all. Saying it could come down to Georgetown and Tennessee for JHS likely changes if Tennessee lands Wallace. This is all fluid and subject to change with a lot of moving parts that directly and indirectly influence each other.
That's fair. I think I just remembered what he said differently than what he actually said leading me to believe other things

Reactions: cncchris33
"Now, things could absolutely change by the time November rolls around, but the buzz we’re hearing right now suggests that the Vols are in good shape with Cason Wallace, B.J. Edwards, Dillon Mitchell (who will be on campus next week with Edwards for an official visit), Brandon Miller and they’re definitely in the mix for Jalen Hood-Schifino who visited last week. Some we’ve spoken with think it will come down to Georgetown and Tennessee for Hood-Schifino."

-From VQ not AP, my bad
That doesn’t say they’re willing to take both, in fact the next paragraph states they’d only take 4 if 1 of those is Miller, 3 if no Miller…that’s pretty much stating they wouldn’t take both.

He is and that is a statement about how good we are recruiting. JHS and Wallace will both be 5 stars. BJ will be a high 4 star. I think we take all 3 and AP feels the same way

There are those who think Edwards is better than Chandler. I’m not saying it’s true, but they’re out there. Edward’s outplayed him head to head. I think Edward’s is Tennessee‘s starting point his freshman year. And I think that’s Barnes’ plan.

There are those who think Edwards is better than Chandler. I’m not saying it’s true, but they’re out there. Edward’s outplayed him head to head. I think Edward’s is Tennessee‘s starting point his freshman year. And I think that’s Barnes’ plan.

I haven’t really seen anyone say that Edwards is better than Chandler. Chandler is definitely more talented. I think people are excited about Edwards more because he’s a highly ranked guy who is expected to be a 3-4 year college guy and KC is one and done. So Edwards could have a bigger impact overall.

I haven’t really seen anyone say that Edwards is better than Chandler. Chandler is definitely more talented. I think people are excited about Edwards more because he’s a highly ranked guy who is expected to be a 3-4 year college guy and KC is one and done. So Edwards could have a bigger impact overall.
The individuals that saw them play head to head are the one’s saying that.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
The individuals that saw them play head to head are the one’s saying that.
There are a few people on this board who saw both of them play head to head, and I don't think any of them said Edwards is a better player than Chandler. At least, not from what I can remember.

Dillon Mitchell: Another four-star prospect that could make his decision this month is Top-4o prospect Dillon Mitchell. He took visits to Auburn, Ohio State and Tennessee but has also been heavily pursued by Florida State. Some think that Florida State and Tennessee are battling at the top but I wouldn't count the Buckeyes out of the fight either.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
There are a few people on this board who saw both of them play head to head, and I don't think any of them said Edwards is a better player than Chandler. At least, not from what I can remember.

I’ve spoken to two people who saw them play head to head and said Edwards looked better. I also recall seeing a poster say it, but I don’t recall who it was. Regardless, it’s just one game. Richie Farmer once outplayed Allan Houston in high school.

Reactions: The Dog
I’ve spoken to two people who saw them play head to head and said Edwards looked better. I also recall seeing a poster say it, but I don’t recall who it was. Regardless, it’s just one game. Richie Farmer once outplayed Allan Houston in high school.
Catholic out rebounded them like by 25, the team matters, too. But, like u said Farmer balled out Houston and Loften balled out Durant. One game means nothing. Hell, Patty Mills balled out Durant in the Olympics and just got signed by the Nets

Catholic out rebounded them like by 25, the team matters, too. But, like u said Farmer balled out Houston and Loften balled out Durant. One game means nothing. Hell, Patty Mills balled out Durant in the Olympics and just got signed by the Nets
Nothing but facts

Reactions: The Dog
I'm not sure he would do it for 2 years. Is this kid a projected 1 and done.
I would imagine a 2yr offer like that has some kind of major stipulations, like $200k guaranteed year one, bonus for signing the full season but then the majority of that $ is on the 2nd year. Probably has an out clause that allows both to benefit.

Reactions: vols 30

VN Store

Back