‘22 FL SF Dillon Mitchell

I think it should be a mix. Important to have a foundation of multi year guys that the staff can develop. And still target some top guys especially in positions where immediate playing time presents itself. Then fill in with the portal
Iirc this past Baylor team didn’t have a single Top 75 guy…not saying you don’t take top guys, but I can definitely see that being a better model for UT. I think Tennessee can live in that area and get their fair choice of kids, you look and they likely could’ve done that this year had they prioritized some.

Reactions: golfballs
No one is gonna like this but the last two years Tennessee’s offense has been ugly to watch a lot. Kids wanna play in exciting, fun offense. I think that is also playing a role (yes I understand that not all the kids committed are going to schools with fun offenses as well).

No one is gonna like this but the last two years Tennessee’s offense has been ugly to watch a lot. Kids wanna play in exciting, fun offense. I think that is also playing a role (yes I understand that not all the kids committed are going to schools with fun offenses as well).
Not saying you’re wrong but it’s a little funny posting this in a thread about a kid that looks bound for a Chris Beard coached team…

JJJ is the type of player that can help any team. Good college player. He will play overseas and have a good career. Jmo.

It may be a ****** one. but oh well.

Reactions: berryvol
If healthy, I’m guessing 13/6/4 for JJJ this year. His outside shot looked really good prior to the wrist injury last year. To be such a solidly built guy he’s just been unable to stay healthy throughout a whole season so far. If he can make 35% or something close from 3 then I think he could find a place in the NBA. JMO

If healthy, I’m guessing 13/6/4 for JJJ this year. His outside shot looked really good prior to the wrist injury last year. To be such a solidly built guy he’s just been unable to stay healthy throughout a whole season so far. If he can make 35% or something close from 3 then I think he could find a place in the NBA. JMO
I’m not saying he can’t find a place, just simply disagree that if he plays at the level he has been that he’s going to be getting drafted…he needs to up his level of play.

Reactions: berryvol
I’m not saying he can’t find a place, just simply disagree that if he plays at the level he has been that he’s going to be getting drafted…he needs to up his level of play.
Would've likely been drafted this past year and is one of the top defenders in this class. Likely early 2nd round pick for a playoff team barring a major dropoff. Some people have him as a late 1st prospect

Early Big Board: Top Prospects to Watch for 2022 NBA Draft

Would've likely been drafted this past year and is one of the top defenders in this class. Likely early 2nd round pick for a playoff team barring a major dropoff. Some people have him as a late 1st prospect

Early Big Board: Top Prospects to Watch for 2022 NBA Draft
He didn’t even bother to get evaluated this past year, didn’t see him on many mocks either…and yea, those projecting him to be drafted this upcoming year are projecting him to do better than another 27m 8p 6r type season…that won’t get him drafted, especially another year older. In fact the article you linked literally states he has to turn a corner offensively and produce better, in other words, take his game to another level.

He didn’t even bother to get evaluated this past year, didn’t see him on many mocks either…and yea, those projecting him to be drafted this upcoming year are projecting him to do better than another 27m 8p 6r type season…that won’t get him drafted, especially another year older.
Defense sells. He could be a similar prospect to Kessler Edwards who was taken 44th by the Nets

I doubt JJJ shows a huge increase in offensive production just because this UT team has a lot of different options on that end and he is unselfish to a fault. If he stays healthy, shows a consistent 3 point shot, even if it is only a couple a game and remains a lock down defender I think he gets drafted. He has good size and skill set. One of my favorite UT players based on what he does on and off the court.

The article you linked literally states he has to turn a corner offensively and produce better, in other words, take his game to another level.
To be a 1st round pick yeah, but his defense, rebounding and catch and shoot potential should intrigue playoff teams with an early-to-mid 2nd much like Kessler Edwards did.

To be a 1st round pick yeah, but his defense, rebounding and catch and shoot potential should intrigue playoff teams with an early-to-mid 2nd much like Kessler Edwards did.
Are you talking about 6’8” Kessler Edwards? That shot 40% from 3 over his career and averaged 34m 17p 7r his junior year? Yea not sure how that’s even close to what we’re talking about with JJJ?

Iirc this past Baylor team didn’t have a single Top 75 guy…not saying you don’t take top guys, but I can definitely see that being a better model for UT. I think Tennessee can live in that area and get their fair choice of kids, you look and they likely could’ve done that this year had they prioritized some.
I thought some of our better teams were from 3 stars that stayed and were developed. I think Barnes is much better at that than the one and done.

Defense sells. He could be a similar prospect to Kessler Edwards who was taken 44th by the Nets

Kessler Edwards is 2 inches taller, shot over 43% from 3 his sophomore season and then shot 87.6% from the FT line last season. NBA scouts use the FT% to judge shooting potential.

For Josiah to be on NBA radars based on his defense, he would need to be a Kawhi level lockdown defender to overcome his current lack of offensive firepower. He is not that. He will be a good 4 year college player who carves out a nice career overseas if he wants.

Take away the 5 stars next to his recruiting ranking and we wouldn't be discussing him as a an NBA prospect. Neither would a lot of the draft pundits in their articles this early.

VN Store

Back