‘21 NY PG Zakai Zeigler (Tennessee Signee)

Ques Glover 2.0 ? Their highlight vids look the same to me

Ques is the better athlete, but Zakai does everything else better. He also seems like a pass first player and can run an offense. Glover is a 5'11 shooting guard.

I think Zakai's best ability is his on ball defense. He's a glove out there.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Like an out of control freight train, social media and the need for instant gratification has already ruined the kid's commitment. Congrats guys!👏 👏

“The New Heights Lightning enjoyed a terrific Peach Jam, with the highlight being their wire-to-wire win over future-champion Team Final. The highlight of the "highlight" game was unquestionably the offensive showcase put on by point guard Zakai Zeigler. The 5-foot-10 guard was unconscious from the perimeter, finishing the game with 23 points on 7-for-8 shooting from three, 10 assists, 3 steals, and 3 rebounds. At one point in the first half, the Lightning hit six straight 3-pointers - with Zeigler accounting for four. The best part of the effort besides getting the W? Zeigler didn't turn the ball over once.”

He achieved Peach Jams best performance accolade against Jalen Duren’s team

Given the talent Penny will have and the assistant coaches he brought in, I expect them to do well. Not competing for a title good but ranked inside top twenty most of the year. Maybe a top 12- 15 team. I want to kill Memphis when we play them but otherwise hope they have a good season. Think about the excitement we had when number two Tennessee beat number 1 Memphis. I want more of that type excitement when the teams meet.

F Memphis. Hope they lose every game

I hope his shot and floater are really good because after seeing that last video I struggle to see him finishing around the basket at the SEC level. Really hope I'm wrong because I love cheering for the little guys.

Also I think 5'10" is generous for his height.

Given the talent Penny will have and the assistant coaches he brought in, I expect them to do well. Not competing for a title good but ranked inside top twenty most of the year. Maybe a top 12- 15 team. I want to kill Memphis when we play them but otherwise hope they have a good season. Think about the excitement we had when number two Tennessee beat number 1 Memphis. I want more of that type excitement when the teams meet.
With that roster Top 12-15 isn’t a good year.

I hope his shot and floater are really good because after seeing that last video I struggle to see him finishing around the basket at the SEC level. Really hope I'm wrong because I love cheering for the little guys.

Also I think 5'10" is generous for his height.
Multiple finishes in the lane in this recent video where he was going against college height dudes…

Bates is probably a done deal, like ZZZ, considering both are in their respected University's directories. But, I'm not scared and I'm sure Barnes and the '21-'22 Vols team isn't, either. If Quentin Grimes came back to Houston, I don't even think Memphis would be considered the favorites, in their conference (AAC?, hell, whatver happened to the Metro ?), I wouldn't take any roster in the nation over UT's (maybe the Zags or Michigan) next year, of course I'm a die-hard homer

I don't ever want to wish injury on anyone no matter the team, but I feel like Bates is going to get hurt and miss a solid amount of time during the season

Bates is probably a done deal, like ZZZ, considering both are in their respected University's directories. But, I'm not scared and I'm sure Barnes and the '21-'22 Vols team isn't, either. If Quentin Grimes came back to Houston, I don't even think Memphis would be considered the favorites, in their conference (AAC?, hell, whatver happened to the Metro ?), I wouldn't take any roster in the nation over UT's (maybe the Zags or Michigan) next year, of course I'm a die-hard homer

I don’t think there is any doubt that Memphis is the favorite in the AAC. Memphis played Houston to two tight games last year with one loss being a lucky lengthy shot. Expectations just went way up.

I’d say there’s about 5 teams I’d much rather have their roster. Past those 5, I’ll take our chances with ours.

Reactions: The Dog
Multiple finishes in the lane in this recent video where he was going against college height dudes…

I get what you're saying and I'm not trying to knock the kid, but those are hardly SEC/D1 level defenses with set rotations and schemes even with college height dudes. I'm just saying I don't see it yet and I will/would be absolutely ecstatic to be proved wrong by him. And I'll definitely be pulling for him to prove me wrong.

I get what you're saying and I'm not trying to knock the kid, but those are hardly SEC/D1 level defenses with set rotations and schemes even with college height dudes. I'm just saying I don't see it yet and I will/would be absolutely ecstatic to be proved wrong by him. And I'll definitely be pulling for him to prove me wrong.
I don’t think he’ll ever be a great finisher around the rim probably, but I also don’t think he has to be either to be effective…if he’s a 40%+ perimeter shooter and 80%+ ft shooter and can break guys down and find the open man he can still be a really nice player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickid1975

VN Store

Back