‘21 NY PG Zakai Zeigler (Tennessee Signee)

If he committed and reclassified, would that give UT the #1 ranked recruiting class for 2021?

I guess we’ll know today or tomorrow. We’ll have quite a few spots open up after this year so I don’t see the harm in taking him. Looks like he is skyrocketing up the boards and a lot of eyes have been on him. Could be a steal a few years from now.

I guess we’ll know today or tomorrow. We’ll have quite a few spots open up after this year so I don’t see the harm in taking him. Looks like he is skyrocketing up the boards and a lot of eyes have been on him. Could be a steal a few years from now.
Not sure how many we are gonna have…Zeigler takes us to 14, Fulky leaving after this year brings us back to max of 13. I’m sure Chandler is gone but after that a lot of ?’s…and in theory Edwards is already committed so still full even with Chandler gone. 2022 could end up a pretty small class.

Not sure how many we are gonna have…Zeigler takes us to 14, Fulky leaving after this year brings us back to max of 13. I’m sure Chandler is gone but after that a lot of ?’s…and in theory Edwards is already committed so still full even with Chandler gone. 2022 could end up a pretty small class.

I’m operating under the assumption we’ll have at least 3 maybe 4 openings.

I think Chandler is gone after this year. I think we’ll see at least 1 (maybe 2) transfers due to playing time, it’s just become an annual thing now. And I think either BHH or JJJ will surprise this year and get drafted. We’ve seen JJJ appear on mocks two years in a row now and then he sputters out in the season. If he can stay healthy (a big, big if with him) I think he has the skill set to make it happen.

4 is probably pushing it, but I feel pretty confident we’ll have 3 openings just based on how rosters shakeout with transfers these days.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
I’m operating under the assumption we’ll have at least 3 maybe 4 openings.

I think Chandler is gone after this year. I think we’ll see at least 1 (maybe 2) transfers due to playing time, it’s just become an annual thing now. And I think either BHH or JJJ will surprise this year and get drafted. We’ve seen JJJ appear on mocks two years in a row now and then he sputters out in the season. If he can stay healthy (a big, big if with him) I think he has the skill set to make it happen.

4 is probably pushing it, but I feel pretty confident we’ll have 3 openings just based on how rosters shakeout with transfers these days.

I would say 3 not counting Edwards is plausible…that would be 3 of BHH/JJJ/transfers, which 1-2 transfers definitely seems likely. Will be interesting to see, if they can land Wallace we know they want Miller, will go hard after Traore & Udeh as well.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
I thought Tamba took our last spot. Either way staff must feel pretty strongly about the kid to try this.

Is it an overreaction to think they are losing ground on Wallace since they’re bringing in a guard so late in the year and want to get him on campus early?

Is it an overreaction to think they are losing ground on Wallace since they’re bringing in a guard so late in the year and want to get him on campus early?
I can definitely see where one would make that connection…I doubt this kid costs them Wallace or scares him, but from a sheer numbers standpoint it makes you wonder a little. Then again could just as easily mean they’re getting vibes that Vescovi and/or Bailey may move on after this season.

I can definitely see where one would make that connection…I doubt this kid costs them Wallace or scares him, but from a sheer numbers standpoint it makes you wonder a little. Then again could just as easily mean they’re getting vibes that Vescovi and/or Bailey may move on after this season.

Wallace can take Chandler’s spot so in terms of numbers, so not worried about that, just seeing all the Wallace/Kentucky talk and since JHS is probably heading to Indiana, seems like the staff wants to bring in this kid so he can maybe contribute next year.

Wallace can take Chandler’s spot so in terms of numbers, so not worried about that, just seeing all the Wallace/Kentucky talk and since JHS is probably heading to Indiana, seems like the staff wants to bring in this kid so he can maybe contribute next year.
Edwards has Chandler’s spot number wise essentially…you take Ziegler and we are “full”. As has been discussed BHH/JJJ/transfers are options but hard to see more than 3 spots. Obviously you’re taking Wallace, Miller, and a big if you can, but not a ton of room.

VN Store

Back