‘21 GA PF Jabari Smith (Auburn commit)

Literally 100% likely. You are simply proving your ignorance. Chuck Person was working AGAINST his own program. Can't stress that enough.

I will add that 2 other employees on the hoops staff at the time were fired for being unwittingly involved in Chuck's scheme. A total crook.

Literally 100% likely. You are simply proving your ignorance. Chuck Person was working AGAINST his own program. Can't stress that enough.
He was seeing to it that players were paid to come to AU, and then pushing them to go pro. That is what I gather from your posts.

So those players came to AU and played. Then they were pushed to declare early. How is that evidence of Person working against his own team except not actively engaging in trying to convince kids to stay? Bruce still benefitted from their time at AU, which wouldn't have happened without Person's involvement, and then his program's perception is elevated by putting kids in the league, which also benefits Bruce.

What are we all missing that you seem keyed in on?

He was seeing to it that players were paid to come to AU, and then pushing them to go pro. That is what I gather from your posts.

So those players came to AU and played. Then they were pushed to declare early. How is that evidence of Person working against his own team except not actively engaging in trying to convince kids to stay? Bruce still benefitted from their time at AU, which wouldn't have happened without Person's involvement, and then his program's perception is elevated by putting kids in the league, which also benefits Bruce.

What are we all missing that you seem keyed in on?

This is not what happened at all.

Person accepted bribes from financial advisors and paid money to families of two (at the time) current AU players in hopes of getting them to retain said advisors when their sons went pro. Chuck received money from the advisors up front AND was set to receive more when they turned pro and retained the advisors.

It was not paying players to come to Auburn and certainly not to stay at Auburn. This was all a scheme cooked up for Chuck to get out of a financial hole.

On the recordings where all these things were revealed there were multiple instances of Chuck Person literally saying "Do not let Bruce know about this arrangement."

This is not what happened at all.

Person accepted bribes from financial advisors and paid money to families of two (at the time) current AU players in hopes of getting them to retain said advisors when their sons went pro. Chuck received money from the advisors up front AND was set to receive more when they turned pro and retained the advisors.

It was not paying players to come to Auburn and certainly not to stay at Auburn. This was all a scheme cooked up for Chuck to get out of a financial hole.

On the recordings where all these things were revealed there were multiple instances of Chuck Person literally saying "Do not let Bruce know about this arrangement."
If this is all that was in the NCAA infraction letter Auburn would have made it public and not taken all the bad press for not releasing it. There is way more in that letter.
That is my thought, as well. It would seem that AU would want to make that publicly known that Pearl had no knowledge and that if that was all that this amounted to, it would be over and done with. It doesn't explain Pearl's refusal to cooperate, either. There is a lot that doesn't add up.

Reactions: cardvolfan
That's just Rich Mcglynn's way of handling things. We've handled every single NCAA encounter like this for the past 14 years since he was hired.

No need to go out of the way for Pat Forde and Dan Wolken.

Look Auburn should have dismissed Pearl. They didn't. Pearl is held accountable for all actions by assistant coaches. Pearl is a repeat offender who has served 1 show cause penalty already because of his actions at Tennessee. That is going to make things tougher with the NCAA but Auburn hired Pearl with baggage so it is what it is. Its laughable that everyone at Auburn is dreaming it all up that Pearl did not know what Person was doing. The NCAA will bring the hammer down so just wait for it.

That's just Rich Mcglynn's way of handling things. We've handled every single NCAA encounter like this for the past 14 years since he was hired.

No offense, but that is a pretty sad excuse for how things have played out. It doesn't explain why Pearl clammed up. And it doesn't explain why the NCAA investigation isn't complete if this was all on Person.

Yes,you are speaking the truth about what has occurred so often in Auburn. Every single NCAA encounter.......👀👀👀

Trying to figure out the reason people continue to post back and forth with a biased Auburn fan who has shown no willingness to accept logic. You guys are talking to a wall.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
Trying to figure out the reason people continue to post back and forth with a biased Auburn fan who has shown no willingness to accept logic. You guys are talking to a wall.

These are my thoughts, but in reverse. I am actually privy to what actually happened in this case and was in the building when some of these things occurred. Not sure how I can further stress to you that Pearl had no idea.

Reactions: berryvol
These are my thoughts, but in reverse. I am actually privy to what actually happened in this case and was in the building when some of these things occurred. Not sure how I can further stress to you that Pearl had no idea.
Pitino didn't know either that his assistants were running a brothel out of the dorm. All we are saying is that whether he knew or not he was responsible as head basketball coach to absolutely know what Chuck Person was doing. That is why he is paid upwards to $3 million a year or more to know that he has a staff that is not rogue. He failed in that regard. Auburn and Pearl will be held accountable for Person's action. Unlike Alabama in their case the Tide got rid of Avery Johnson and his staff because of their improprieties. Auburn did not. They should have fired Pearl. LSU should have fired Will Wade. Neither program took action. So don't be upset when the NCAA hammers both Auburn and LSU. Tennessee would have gotten hammered in 2012 if they hadn't fired Pearl and his staff. We actually understand the dilemma you are going through. It's tough. But Auburn will get hammered Pearl will most likely receive another show cause and will be gone. Ditto for LSU and Will Wade.

To be fair to the auburn poster, Pearl also had “no idea” that there was a BBQ that took place at his house. Just something to keep in mind

Not very clever. He never said this and it was to his competitive advantage that he illegally hosted recruits at his house. I know you mean this as a joke but I want to make sure you know it is not clever.

Not very clever. He never said this and it was to his competitive advantage that he illegally hosted recruits at his house. I know you mean this as a joke but I want to make sure you know it is not clever.
It’s also to his competitive advantage to have his assistant Illegally funnel money to high school kids in order to have them come his school.

But I’m sure your privy to exactly what happened in this case, just like UT officials were privy to exactly what happened in the UT case, until they weren’t...

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
To be fair to the auburn poster, Pearl also had “no idea” that there was a BBQ that took place at his house. Just something to keep in mind

Bruce also had no idea that the picture that he was shown of Aaron Craft was taken in his Gettysvue home’s kitchen. It’s a big house and there were probably a bunch of white point guards there. He also had no idea that his assistants’ buyouts were diddly squat. Bless his heart. He also had no idea that his players were failing drug tests... he just thought they had boo-boos because that’s what the trainer told him why they had to sit out. He had no idea that he was lying to his UT bosses and the NCAA.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Selby and McRae attending that BBQ was as much a violation as Craft attending. I have a hard time believing either were there and then both escaped either being found out or punishment. That is first time I have ever heard their names mentioned as being in attendance. Not saying it's impossible, but it certainly would surprise me.

When the initial BBQ investigation McRae was listed as being there. They said he was a commitment at the time and his eligibility was in question. Him and Selby actually committed at Pearl in an interview following his original commitment.
- That day Tennessee hosted an open practice and had Craft, Selby, and McRae among others there. I attended. Craft seemed out of place and was off by himself with his family. McRae and Selby were both on the court goofing off and having fun shooting around.
Selby ended up at Kansas so it didn't really matter. There were probably more players there. The only reason I know this is McRae was asked what he thought about seeing 100,000+ at the football game. He responded that they actually went to Pearls house instead of the football game.

Bruce Pearl is as guilty as heck and will be punished once all is said and done. NCAA has been waiting to nail him and they will. Not going to argue but will be thrilled when he’s banished forever. He’s everything that is wrong with college basketball.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Bruce Pearl is as guilty as heck and will be punished once all is said and done. NCAA has been waiting to nail him and they will. Not going to argue but will be thrilled when he’s banished forever. He’s everything that is wrong with college basketball.
I predict this will not happen! NCAA doesn’t do squat these days aka Will Wade who they have dead to rights on tape. CBP’s guilt (as we know it to be at this time) is more assumptions and logic than stone cold facts.

Pitino didn't know either that his assistants were running a brothel out of the dorm. All we are saying is that whether he knew or not he was responsible as head basketball coach to absolutely know what Chuck Person was doing. That is why he is paid upwards to $3 million a year or more to know that he has a staff that is not rogue. He failed in that regard. Auburn and Pearl will be held accountable for Person's action. Unlike Alabama in their case the Tide got rid of Avery Johnson and his staff because of their improprieties. Auburn did not. They should have fired Pearl. LSU should have fired Will Wade. Neither program took action. So don't be upset when the NCAA hammers both Auburn and LSU. Tennessee would have gotten hammered in 2012 if they hadn't fired Pearl and his staff. We actually understand the dilemma you are going through. It's tough. But Auburn will get hammered Pearl will most likely receive another show cause and will be gone. Ditto for LSU and Will Wade.

Some things I have been sure of that didn't happen the way I pictured it: significant football in Fall of 2020, Will Wade being coach of a major basketball program in 2020, Bruce Pearl hiding from the investigators and still having a job. At this point, I don't know what to expect. In a perfect world, it would be quite obvious what would happen in this case, and in other places like Kansas, UNC and Arizona, to name a few.

VN Store

Back