‘21 CA SG Jahmai Mashack [UT commit 9/8/20]

Basilio's blog this morning on Mashack:

Tennessee remains in GREAT SHAPE with a young man that's never been to Knoxville. Will he get to Knoxville before November? We're not betting on it because it appears his class won't be able to officially visit until November 11-18th early signing period. The timeline for landing the plane with Mashack isn't set in stone but insiders believe he's going to do something in the next month or so. Of course we're dealing with a young man that's never been here. Hey I moved my stuff to Knoxville 30 years ago without ever having seen Knoxville.

I don't think I've ever read anything of Basilio's that actually made it seem like he had inside sources. All of this is pretty standard fare that you could piece together with the info out there.

Mashack will be a solid piece if he jumps on board. Still, we're pretty guard heavy and are losing a bunch of big men. Interested to see who that ends up being.

I don't think I've ever read anything of Basilio's that actually made it seem like he had inside sources. All of this is pretty standard fare that you could piece together with the info out there.

Mashack will be a solid piece if he jumps on board. Still, we're pretty guard heavy and are losing a bunch of big men. Interested to see who that ends up being.
We are guard heavy this year, but theoretically Springer and Johnson appear in mocks, and JJJ has in the past...lose 2/3 and we are all of a sudden pretty thin at guard.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
We are guard heavy this year, but theoretically Springer and Johnson appear in mocks, and JJJ has in the past...lose 2/3 and we are all of a sudden pretty thin at guard.

I guess that's true, but I'm going off the knowns such as losing essentially our entire game in the paint this year (Pons, Anosike, Fulkerson) and needing talent to replace that. I think we'll lose one of Johnson/James/Springer. Maybe we lose 2, but I just find that hard to believe with how loaded next year's draft will be post-COVID.

I've said all along we'd need to sign 5 in this class, but I think that's because we'll lose someone to a transfer and not because we have 2 guards leave early for the NBA. Just personal opinion.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I guess that's true, but I'm going off the knowns such as losing essentially our entire game in the paint this year (Pons, Anosike, Fulkerson) and needing talent to replace that. I think we'll lose one of Johnson/James/Springer. Maybe we lose 2, but I just find that hard to believe with how loaded next year's draft will be post-COVID.

I've said all along we'd need to sign 5 in this class, but I think that's because we'll lose someone to a transfer and not because we have 2 guards leave early for the NBA. Just personal opinion.
I’m not saying don’t take any bigs, I think we sign at least 4, and I would venture to guess at least 2 of those being post players...I’m just saying I don’t think I would take just Chandler at guard and be done.

I’m not saying don’t take any bigs, I think we sign at least 4, and I would venture to guess at least 2 of those being post players...I’m just saying I don’t think I would take just Chandler at guard and be done.

I'm not saying to just take Chandler either haha. I think we do need another guard and I'm like 95% confident it will be Mashack. After that I'd like to see 2-3 big men.

Reactions: i2amavol
If he says it’s this week it must be next week because he was a little off about the timing of the Chandler commitment haha. But he always brings good info so this is great news.

EDIT: Just read his mailbag, he says we are a “leader” for Jabari which I think is slightly different than saying we lead. Probably means the Top 2-3 are all dead even.

Reactions: Vol49er
Corey Evans on Rivals in his Weekly Mailbag segment just insinuated a commitment from Mashack to UT could happen this week. He also said we lead for Jabari Smith.
I tweeted at Corey Evans over the weekend for his Twitter Tuesday mailbag. Asking our chances for Mashack? FWIW he liked the tweet.

So I'm going with VOL.

Genuinely not trying to offend here, just bad with this sort of thing, how is his name pronounced?

VN Store

Back