‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

Why would VT be hoping for that if Hall is already committed to Florida?

He never was a package deal to Virginia Tech, that is the point. You love to falsely call people out as trolls and then poke the bear well I am going to tell you how it is, recruiting is fluid but Hall to Florida is a done deal UNLESS Barnes knocks his socks off with a once in a lifetime Hail Mary pitch! P.J. Hall's socks are still on currently and on tight!

He never was a package deal to Virginia Tech, that is the point. You love to falsely call people out as trolls and then poke the bear well I am going to tell you how it is, recruiting is fluid but Hall to Florida is a done deal UNLESS Barnes knocks his socks off with a once in a lifetime Hail Mary pitch! P.J. Hall's socks are still on currently and on tight!
Gotcha, so he’s not signed/sealed/delivered to Florida and you’re now admitting he could potentially be swayed to Tennessee.

Recruiting is fluid, anything COULD happen but he is 99.9% Gator at this moment. I'll let everyone know when/if I hear anything differently.
I definitely thinks he’s a Florida lean, just didn’t agree he had already committed to them and was simply “playing” the other schools involved...that would be a bad look.

PJ Hall sets five official visit dates | HoopSeen

He will start his tour on Sept. 6 as he makes the quick trip to Clemson.

Next up is a visit to Florida on Sept. 20. Three weeks later on Oct. 11 he will visit Virginia Tech. A week later he will be at Tennessee on Oct. 18.

Rounding out his trips on Nov. 1, he will make his way to midtown Atlanta and see Georgia Tech.

Doesn’t seem like a good design.
He’s been here for football games before, maybe they feel like a different approach on his OV is a better plan? Hard to think they don’t know what they are doing given that they seemingly chose not to bring him in for a football weekend.

Reactions: i2amavol
He’s been here for football games before, maybe they feel like a different approach on his OV is a better plan? Hard to think they don’t know what they are doing given that they seemingly chose not to bring him in for a football weekend.
Did they choose that date, or did he?

Did they choose that date, or did he?
I would guess the 2 sides decided together, that’s usually how it works...Hall has open dates that Tennessee plays at home, I don’t think that week is the only one where Hall could visit, thus I think it’s by design.

I would guess the 2 sides decided together, that’s usually how it works...Hall has open dates that Tennessee plays at home, I don’t think that week is the only one where Hall could visit, thus I think it’s by design.
I guess it is possible that with Springer having Florida as a finalist, too, that they didn't want both on campus discussing that possibility together. Outside of that, it just seems like a missed opportunity to surround both guys with two current solid commits on the most exciting home football weekend. Obviously this isn't this staff's first rodeo, so there is a plan on place.

I guess it is possible that with Springer having Florida as a finalist, too, that they didn't want both on campus discussing that possibility together. Outside of that, it just seems like a missed opportunity to surround both guys with two current solid commits on the most exciting home football weekend. Obviously this isn't this staff's first rodeo, so there is a plan on place.

I won’t pretend to know what they’re thinking, but it doesn’t surprise me...at some point there are “too many people” on a visit. If you’ve got Walker, Johnson and Springer all here with their families that’s a lot of people, at some point there’s too many to really “keep track of”, and I wonder if that’s not the case here. My guess is that the staff feels like Springer and his family will really mesh well with Johnson & walker and their families, you throw another person into the mix and you may lose that effect all the way around.

Add in that they aren’t bringing Hall in that weekend, or any football weekend, and I think it’s likely the staff has a plan/vision in place for what they want to happen on his OV.

I won’t pretend to know what they’re thinking, but it doesn’t surprise me...at some point there are “too many people” on a visit. If you’ve got Walker, Johnson and Springer all here with their families that’s a lot of people, at some point there’s too many to really “keep track of”, and I wonder if that’s not the case here. My guess is that the staff feels like Springer and his family will really mesh well with Johnson & walker and their families, you throw another person into the mix and you may lose that effect all the way around.

Add in that they aren’t bringing Hall in that weekend, or any football weekend, and I think it’s likely the staff has a plan/vision in place for what they want to happen on his OV.
Absolutely agree with that.

This may have been mentioned, and I may have missed it. I have a really good friend who says PJ’s dad was a standout at Sullivan South in Kingsport. My friend grew up there, and apparently PJ’s uncle is around my friend’s age and somewhat knows him. His grandmother still lives in Kingsport and still goes to the church where my friend went as a child.

His sister at UF may still be tough to overcome, but this gives me more hope.

This may have been mentioned, and I may have missed it. I have a really good friend who says PJ’s dad was a standout at Sullivan South in Kingsport. My friend grew up there, and apparently PJ’s uncle is around my friend’s age and somewhat knows him. His grandmother still lives in Kingsport and still goes to the church where my friend went as a child.

His sister at UF may still be tough to overcome, but this gives me more hope.
Yes, the East TN connection has been mentioned, as well as the fact that his dad apparently grew up a Tennessee fan. Obviously doesn't hurt our chances.

Doesn’t sound like a Florida lock to me.

No, he doesn’t. His remarks on UT are glowing. Comments on other schools are also positive but more measured.

On UT:

“It’s incredible,” Hall, the 2020 four-star power forward out of Roebuck, S.C., told Sensei Hoops in a video interview published Sunday. “(Thompson-Boling Arena) sells out every night at 22,000. It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before.”

“Coach (Rick) Barnes does a tremendous job in player development,” Hall said. “Everything that they do at Tennessee just makes their players better. Everyone loves the coaching staff. Everyone loves the environment. You can’t really go wrong anytime you go to Tennessee.”

On UF:

“My sister plays volleyball down there. We’re down there all the time to watch her, so her 10th grade year, we went down there for her visit. Whenever she committed there, I met the coaching staff then. We came came back for a visit with my sister, her official visit, and I met them then. They realized then, ok, this kid is actually kind of big and has size, he might actually be good at basketball. Later that year they offered me.”

Four-star PF PJ Hall 'can't really go wrong' with Vols interest

VN Store

Back