‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

As we’ve noted before on the board, don’t be surprised if the Vols oversign in November. If they could land Springer I don’t see them backing off their pursuit of P.J. Hall. Oak Hill big man Dylan Cardwell would also remain a possibility. If they do oversign, that doesn’t necessarily mean Barnes has designs on running someone off. It just makes sense in today’s climate, with the way that players move around, to protect yourself as a program. Tennessee has had offseason departures through transfers or guys going pro early after each of Barnes’ seasons. In some cases, those were surprises, or at least weren’t expected in the previous fall, so taking an extra player in these times is just smart.
-VQ

It’s the way to recruit in today’s landscape, always oversigning by 1 seems pretty smart and even after that continuing to recruit guys into the spring it also wise.

Absolutely, damn near every program loses 1 or 2 due to transfer and guys going pro early. Safe bet that there will be an open scholarship that isn't apparent at the moment.

Kent, pons
Both guys are in their 3rd year, I wouldn’t say they “should” be in a position to graduate...especially someone like Pons who couldn’t speak English when he arrived. I’m not claiming that it’s not possible, I’m just not sure it’s fair to expect everyone to graduate in 3 years.

Agreed, but it does happen regularly now with attending the summer sessions. Not a given but Kent especially should have had ample time if he wanted and it would allow him 2 years elsewhere without having to sit out.

If I were guessing, I’d say JJ will be facing some serious competition for PT and if he doesn’t rise to the challenge then a change in scenery might be in his best interest.

Pons should be good academically. Each year he has had a jersey patch for academics. He also made the 2018 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll. The two pictures below are from Kansas in Fall 2018 and Wright State in Spring 2018. Both pictures show the academic patch on his jersey.

Attachments

• 1565994836879.jpeg
    1565994836879.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 35
  • 1565994924983.jpeg
    1565994924983.jpeg
    669.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Pons should be good academically. Each year he has had a Jersey patch for academics. He also made the 2018 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll. The two pictures below are from Kansas in Fall 2018 and Wright State in Spring 2018. Both pictures show the academic patch on his jersey.
Wow, good eye for detail there!

Pons should be good academically. Each year he has had a Jersey patch for academics. He also made the 2018 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll. The two pictures below are from Kansas in Fall 2018 and Wright State in Spring 2018. Both pictures show the academic patch on his jersey.

While that means he’s got a nice GPA it doesn’t in the least bit mean that he’s taken extra classes/credits to graduate in a shorter span...two very different things.

Sensitive much?
Nah, I’m not sensitive at all. Everyone here that post regularly knows that BTO gets in his feelings anytime someone post something contrary to his point. He attempts to try to talk down to individuals and I’m not going to let him slide with that bull. Someone just got on him about trying to act like he knows everything a month or two ago.

Lmao...all you posted was that Pons is a good student, I never said he was a bad student so your post wasn’t contrary to my point. Simply being a Vol scholar doesn’t mean you’re on pace to graduate in 2 or 3 years, the same way not being a Vol scholar doesn’t mean you can’t graduate in 3 years.

If anyone appears to have gotten their feelings hurt it was you, i wasn’t simply posting information that had to do with the topic being discussed.

The Vols also remain very much in play for big man P.J. Hall, who will visit Oct. 18. That’s currently set to be Hall’s next to last official, with Georgia Tech penciled in on Nov. 1. This is nothing other than speculation, but I wouldn’t be stunned to see that visit get cancelled after his Tennessee trip. I’m not suggesting Hall is a lock to the Vols at all—I do think they’re in the thick of it —I just don’t see the Yellow Jackets as much of a factor.
-VQ

VN Store

Back