‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

Im saying I can look at 5 ugly girls and know I have to choose one but not necessarily be fired up about it.

Im not even calling Hall an ugly girl.

Im just saying I'd prefer we look elsewhere.
At a certain age they all look pretty at closing time.

Mann, Blackshear, Hall (?)

Trend??

Not to mention their two role player recruits are both from Tennessee.

Last edited:
Mann, Blackshear, Hall (?)

Trend??

Not to mention their two role player recruits are both from Tennessee.
So, now we hold role players who happen to be from the state of Tennessee and weren’t heavily recruited by UT as head-to-head victories for Mike White? Cool. I think one of Florida’s walkons visited the Smokies one summer, too. Another Gator victory!

I hate to loose another recruit to Florida but recruiting is a funny game. We talked about Tre Mann forever on this site and lost him and then with little fanfare, a higher recruit JJJ committed. Same with Nkamhou and Plavsic, two really nice recruits that UT got that hardly anyone knew about until they were about to sign. I really wanted Hall but it looks like Florida may get him. I bet English has us in on someone for 2020 we haven't even heard about. With the grad transfer rule and overall easier transfer rules for all, we could end up pulling someone from another school we haven't even considered at this point. I guess my point is to not get too enamored with anyone especially months or years before it is time to sign because things can change a lot.

I hate to loose another recruit to Florida but recruiting is a funny game. We talked about Tre Mann forever on this site and lost him and then with little fanfare, a higher recruit JJJ committed. Same with Nkamhou and Plavsic, two really nice recruits that UT got that hardly anyone knew about until they were about to sign. I really wanted Hall but it looks like Florida may get him. I bet English has us in on someone for 2020 we haven't even heard about. With the grad transfer rule and overall easier transfer rules for all, we could end up pulling someone from another school we haven't even considered at this point. I guess my point is to not get too enamored with anyone especially months or years before it is time to sign because things can change a lot.
You’re assuming it was an either or. It wasn’t.
UF signed another 5 star in their 19 class along with Mann.

You’re assuming it was an either or. It wasn’t.
UF signed another 5 star in their 19 class along with Mann.
I didn’t say anything about Mann and JJJ being an either or. I criticized Barnes for not closing on Mann when he committed to Florida and stand by that. I also think Pember and Gaines were big reaches for a program that should have aimed higher. The difference between us is that I will criticize Barnes about recruiting when warranted but can also give him credit when deserved. He brought in JJJ along with a couple of other solid recruits this year. He has a 5 star committed and it looks like another borderline 5 star may commit soon for 2020. I recognize the truth about a coach is often grey rather than black and white. Overall I am a Barnes fan but I think his recruiting could have been better at times.

Yes, a shooting guard. Mann is a PG, just like Josiah James. We weren’t taking both or both weren’t going to the same school.
Says who?
UT was absolutely wanting both and willing to take both.
UF signed two PG btw.

Last edited:
Says who?
UT was absolutely wanting both and willing to take both.
UG signed two PG btw.

Yea, because another school did means UT would. Like all rosters are the same. UGA signed 6 guys. We aren’t taking two PG’s in a 4 person class when we have a senior PG on the team.

But who are their two PG’s anyway?

Reactions: butchna
Yea, because another school did means UT would. Like all rosters are the same. UGA signed 6 guys. We aren’t taking two PG’s in a 4 person class when we have a senior PG on the team.

Mann and Glover.
James is 6’5” and would easily play the two or three.

Mann and Glover.
James is 6’5” and would easily play the two or three.

You said UG. Glover is a 3 star project at 5’8” and they also signed 6 players, 3 of whom are 3 stars or worse.

You have it all figured out. James is going to the NBA as a PG.

Typo. We were discussing UF.

You said UG. Glover is a 3 star project at 5’8” and they also signed 6 players, 3 of whom are 3 stars or worse.

You have it all figured out. James is going to the NBA as a PG.
Typo. UF.
If you think UT wasn’t recruiting both and willing to sign both you’re crazy.
Glover is no more a reach than Pember. I’d say less.

Typo. UF.
I can only picture your commentary had Rick Barnes recruited and signed Glover. For Mike White, he's a solid get and a win because he lives in Tennessee. For Rick Barnes, he'd have been a reach and a lazy attempt to settle for someone just down the road to fill a slot.

You have quite a well-developed skill of talking out both sides of your mouth.

Typo. UF.
Glover has attitude and ego issues. He thinks he is a lot better than he really is. Florida can have him but I doubt he finishes his career there. His game was more flash than substance at Bearden.

VN Store

Back