‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

We got burned by a troll in the Blackshear threads. Not saying you are one sheriff, but you can understand why some of us will wait until Hall publicly announces his choice

I absolutely understand. I’m no troll at all. I’m much too old for that. Maybe I just shouldn’t have posted any inside info at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: vols 30
I absolutely understand. I’m no troll at all. Im much too old for that. Maybe I just shouldn’t have posted any inside info at all.
It’s the nature of the beast. Those with inside info are met with contention, especially when it’s bad news for the home team.

I have no doubt you are closer than most to the situation, but I do question how done the deal is. I mean that as politely as possible.

It’s the nature of the beast. Those with inside info are met with contention, especially when it’s bad news for the home team.

I have no doubt you are closer than most to the situation, but I do question how done the deal is. I mean that as politely as possible.

I am nobody, yet I went to law school with the defensive coordinator at Whitehaven High School in Memphis. I see him occasionally, and we talk football. I could press for information on his guys, but I don't.

"Nobody knows anything on this board."

I am nobody, yet I went to law school with the defensive coordinator at Whitehaven High School in Memphis. I see him occasionally, and we talk football. I could press for information on his guys, but I don't.

Wow, now that is impressive. I take it back.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup

Weak troll job - no TN public HS assistant FB coach graduated law school!

From a Volquest poster:

TIFWIW, and from a really good source, PJ is down to Clemson and UT at this point. He's a huge fan of Rick Barnes, both personally and with the way that he has developed players.

From a Volquest poster:

TIFWIW, and from a really good source, PJ is down to Clemson and UT at this point. He's a huge fan of Rick Barnes, both personally and with the way that he has developed players.
Doubt it, but big if true.

UF doesn’t make sense if he wants to be developed as a player.
I don’t necessarily disagree, but what Florida does provide is familiarity, comfort, and familial ties. Hopefully he chooses a school based on his basketball future and not those things.

P.J. Hall is one step closer to finding his college home.
Dorman’s 6-9, 220-pound power forward, the state’s top-ranked basketball recruit in the 2020 class, officially narrowed his list of potential college destinations in a Twitter announcement on Friday.
Hall, currently playing at the Adidas Finale in Los Angeles, listed a top five of — in no particular order — Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Florida, and Tennessee. He selected those schools from a group of two dozen suitors, including a number of SEC, ACC, and Big 12 programs. He said the schools in his final five choices all offered a lot of the same things.
“They all have a fun environment, a system that I think I’ll thrive in, and a culture that fits me well,” he said.
Hall cited Clemson’s proximity to home and his relationship with head coach Brad Brownell.
“It’s not too close, but it’s not too far away,” he said. “I’ve got a great relationship with Coach Brownell, and I think I’d do well there with the way they use the post.”
Georgia Tech’s offensive tendencies also were attractive to Hall, who has the size of a true post and the range to step out and shoot from long distance.
“Their system runs through the post,” he said. “It would give me the freedom to be me, to play the way I like to play,” he said. “It’s a great environment and they have a great business school, which is a plus.”
A longstanding relationship with current Virginia Tech and former Wofford head coach Mike Young and his staff helped spark Hall’s interest in the Hokies.
“I’ve known Coach Young my entire life,” Hall said. “I know Coach (Kevin) Giltner well, and Coach (Chester) Frazier recruited me at Kansas State, and I have great relationships with all of them. They’re in new jobs and the team’s not the same, so there’s a chance to go in and have a spot to play right away, and I like that.”
Hall is especially familiar with the program at Florida, as his sister, Thayer, is a standout for the Gators’ volleyball team.
“I’ve known about Florida forever through my sister,” he said. “Everything down there is awesome, and the way they use an inside/outside game would really help me flourish and develop.”
Tennessee head coach Rick Barnes is a big part of Hall’s interest in the Volunteers.
“It’s hard to find something not to like about Coach Barnes,” he said. “He loves his guys, and they love him back. And I like their style of play and the way they get up and down the floor.”
An All-Region, All-State, and Herald-Journal All-Area player, Hall averaged 14.5 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game for the Cavaliers, shooting 56 percent from the field in 2019. He helped lead Dorman to its third straight 5A state championship.
Hall took his junior-year official visits to Clemson and Florida, and plans to use his other official visits on all five schools this fall, before basketball season starts. While he doesn’t have a specific timetable, Hall expects to name his college destination before the season begins.

Dorman's P.J. Hall narrows college destination to final five

NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Four-star P.J. Hall cuts list to five

He breaks down his final five in the top link. The second one just has his tweet and speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
A top priority for some of the best programs along the east coast, PJ Hall has cut his college list to a final five. The 6-foot-9 power forward discussed what has stood out to him about each program, why the five made the cut, and what his plans are from here on out. Sitting as a strong four-star prospect, Hall will play his college ball at either Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, Tennessee orVirginia Tech.
Clemson: “Their offensive style, whenever I went to one of their practices, they basically ran an action with a post at the elbow and would run everything off of him so they just saying that the ball would be in my hands almost every possession and I could pass, cut, shoot or drive; I would have a lot of freedom there.”
Florida: “I have known them forever now because my sister (a volleyball player at UF), whenever she went on her official visit there, I was introduced to the staff and they were trying to figure out if I was any good. I went back with her during her senior year and whenever I was in tenth grade and we did a little tour so I have just known them for a long time. It is a great family environment and they have just talked about how they would develop me and I could fit in well over there."
Georgia Tech: “They have just been preaching to me with all how much they want me and they just show love all of the time. Their offense, I could go in there and be able to make for an impact right away and with their cutting actions and their offense, the ball would be in my hands almost every play.”
Tennessee: “With Coach (Rick) Barnes, all of the players love him and they all look up to him. He is recruiting me really well and whenever I get up there, they could use me down low or outside, pick and pop, and with my post skills.”
Virginia Tech: “Whenever Coach (Buzz) Williams left, a lot of players left, too, but if I were to go there, I would have a good chance of playing a lot and to impact the team right away. I have known Coach (Mike) Young my entire life. He coached my dad at Wofford whenever he was an assistant there so I have known him ever since I was little. Coach (Chester) Frazier, he recruited me whenever he was at Kansas State, I have known them all for a long time.
Down to a final five, Hall is ready to take his visits. “The next step is to take my official visits and then, I don’t assume I would go down to a final two,” he said. “I think that I would just pick from my final five but that is my plan.” One of the harder playing bigs in the 2020 class, Hall leaves it all out on the floor every time that he hits the court. He is a skilled and effective half-court post that can score to the perimeter with a good-looking jumper, but also has the soft hands and strength to finish against contact in the lane. Sporting a skill set that should translate well to the college game, a signing this November is more than likely. He just took official visits last month to Clemson and Florida that counted towards his junior year and will have the chance to return to both programs again in the coming weeks. The Gators have an in thanks to his sister, though Tennessee has remained a strong suitor, too, though his visits to all five programs should clarify his eventual landing spot.
-Rivals

Reactions: The Dog
That wouldn’t be your normal top 5 for this type of recruit.
He’s a Top 75 type kid, you typically won’t see the Kansas, Duke, UNC or Kentucky offer going to those kids unless it’s spring and they’ve missed on some guys. His offer is packed with HM schools and he mostly chose schools that have been pursuing him for a long time and he has a relationship with.

Prior to the release of his top five schools on his Twitter account, Hall discussed what made each of his five schools a finalist. He doesn’t have a pecking order at this point, and the schools below are listed in alphabetical order.

Clemson: “They sell me on the hometown hero, being an hour away from them. I could drive home and do some laundry, then go back to school. It’s not too close, though. They have an offense that’s similar to Georgia Tech with their cutting and playing on the elbow and the offense flowing through the post, but having freedom. I know I can go there and be effective. I have a great relationship with Coach Brownell and Coach Lucas McKay before he left. He recruited me first, and he got me introduced and interested in Clemson.”

Florida: “I’ve known Florida for about five years now. Whenever (sister) Thayer (Hall) went on her first visit in 10th grade, I was in 8th grade. Mary Wise (Florida’s volleyball coach) called Coach White and told him (Thayer) had a little brother. I got to go and watch them practice, and it was so cool. Coach White came up and shook my hand. When she took her official, I went back down there and they could tell I was getting bigger and saw I had a good frame on me and thought I may actually be good. I hung out with the team and coaches a bit more, and going into my 11th grade year, they offered me. It was crazy to me, and I’ve known them now for so long. A lot of other schools came in after that.”

Georgia Tech: “It was a battle between them and South Carolina. I was talking to Georgia Tech and they were telling me what their plan to develop me would be. They were telling me about their system in the offense and how they’d run through me with their cutting actions, the elbow, passing, shooting, driving - all that kind of stuff, and it stood out to me.”

Tennessee: “My dad grew up not too far from the school and told me when he was growing up, that was his dream school. When they offered, I knew that would be pretty cool. I have family up there - my grandmother is about 30 minutes from Tennessee. Going up there and having a family environment with Coach Barnes and the rest of the coaching staff - everyone just treats you like family up there.”

Virginia Tech: “I’ve always had a great relationship with Mike Young. I’ve known them my entire life. My dad played for him as an assistant at Wofford and was there for something like 32 years. He got the job at VT, offered me up there, and I thought that was really awesome, because that’s the level I’m looking for - ACC or SEC, elite basketball. To go up there and have that father figure, plus having Chester Frazier. He recruited me at Kansas State so when he got the VT job, I thought that was really good. That’s probably the school I know the best because of the relationships I’ve had all my life.”

Hall said that he’s starting to set up official visits, but doesn’t have all of the dates finalized. At this point, he’s not committing to when he will make a decision, but wants to have his choice made prior to the start of the season, and will sign in November.

“I’m not going to commit on any visits, but if it feels right, that’s when I’m going to commit,” Hall said. “I’m definitely going to do it before the season. I don’t know how I will commit, but I may do something at my school.”

P.J. Hall details his top five schools

VN Store

Back