‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

That would be very uncommon to oversign by that many in the fall...taking Hall means you’re over by 4 if Klatsky gets moved to scholarship, 3 if he doesn’t. That’s a lot of movement with none being guaranteed.
Let's be honest, the likelihood of Klatsky being put on scholly is 0; now you're the one hedging... I just explained about each guy. Gak could medically retire any time and has probably graduated or is close anyway. If Lewis goes, we're fine; if not, we're over by 1.

Let's be honest, the likelihood of Klatsky being put on scholly is 0; now you're the one hedging... I just explained about each guy. Gak could medically retire any time and has probably graduated or is close anyway. If Lewis goes, we're fine; if not, we're over by 1.

Neither you or I know the conversation had with Klatsky and his parents, typically preferred walk-on means they’re expecting to be put on scholarship, that’s why he’s not just called a walk-on.

It’s not uncommon to oversign by 1, but much more than that is uncommon and can make for an interesting situation. Remove klatsky from the conversation and you’re still over by 3...if Gak decides he doesn’t want to leave, and Lewis pulls a Nembard you’re now left having to kick people off the team.

Again all Klatsky, Lewis, Gak and Nembhard not being on scholarship is very unlikely, as is all of them being on scholarship, so it’s kind of a balancing act especially in the fall. It’s more common to continue recruiting people in the spring because as you get later into the year the picture becomes more clear. Come February or March you’ll have a much better idea of what each of those guys is doing.

I agree. The only problem I see is can we follow up with the same stellar class in 2021 to replace these guys when the go to play in the NBA after one year?

If all 3 get drafted after 1 year then that’s more to sell future elite recruits. Maybe the 2021 class is similar to the 2019 class. We’re in good shape due to perception currently.

I think we get Hall based on our own positive merits and results of the last few years. White hasn't been super successful with good talent, and with that being said, if I'm a recruit that is definitely something I consider when deciding where to play. Not to mention those HUGE crowds in that high school arena, and other factors as well.

So Hall is visiting us on the 18th of October and are we his last official? It would be nice if Springer committed before then.

Weird GT get the last visit. I’ve seen good guys, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Florida.

Apologize if I missed it, does Hall have a connect to GT I haven’t seen?

Weird GT get the last visit. I’ve seen good guys, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Florida.

Apologize if I missed it, does Hall have a connect to GT I haven’t seen?
No...they were the clear 5th team, honestly surprised he included a 5th unless he just wanted to use all 5 OV’s

No...they were the clear 5th team, honestly surprised he included a 5th unless he just wanted to use all 5 OV’s
Yeah I’d seen they were in the mix, just hadn’t seen a connect there to justify a last visit. If winning is a factor, hard to imagine them as a competitor. Imo

Maybe the good guys get the commitment before that visit anyway.

I've never been all that confident in landing Hall. I'm sure Barnes & Co. have a backup plan, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if once Springer committed we were just done for the 2020 class.
The narrative all along has been that would not be the case, the staff wants Hall very badly.

I've never been all that confident in landing Hall. I'm sure Barnes & Co. have a backup plan, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if once Springer committed we were just done for the 2020 class.
We aren’t going to take someone just to take them, but we need a big in this class. So if it isn’t Hall, we will pursue others, and the names of those guys have been mentioned several times as options if Hall chooses elsewhere.

We aren’t going to take someone just to take them, but we need a big in this class. So if it isn’t Hall, we will pursue others, and the names of those guys have been mentioned several times as options if Hall chooses elsewhere.

I'm well aware of us pursuing Cardwell as the backup plan, and possibly Anselem if he reclassifies to 2020. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if we swung and missed on Hall and then decided to not take anyone else. I'm not saying that this is the likely outcome. Just that it wouldn't shock me if they felt really comfortable about certain 2021 options.

Who said this?

Corey Evans, the national Rivals analyst. He also crystal balled Memphis for Jaden Springer for a substantial amount of time, before Jaden canceled visits to Florida and UNC.

Rob Lewis was asked about Evan's statement and he hadn't heard that Tennessee was out, but also that there were no guarantees with Hall.

Last edited:
Reactions: cncchris33
I'm well aware of us pursuing Cardwell as the backup plan, and possibly Anselem if he reclassifies to 2020. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if we swung and missed on Hall and then decided to not take anyone else. I'm not saying that this is the likely outcome. Just that it wouldn't shock me if they felt really comfortable about certain 2021 options.
Agree to disagree. I would be very surprised if that happened with the entire season, spring evaluation, and transfer season still to play out after Hall decides. If you simply mean we may choose to not sign anyone in Hall’s place in the fall signing period, I’m more inclined to agree with you.

VN Store

Back