‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Does this mean that ESPN found a time slot for him to commit? I'd love to watch if we can firm up the details.

I tell you what. Benedict Rick is snapping necks and handing out checks on the recruiting trail these days. I can’t wait to see what he does with elite talent here.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Jerry Meyer is about as professional and good at his job as one can be. If he says Springer is headed to Tennessee, then I am confident Springer is headed to Tennessee. The smoke coming from a mod on Michigan's 247 website seems more like wishful thinking by a fanbase who cannot believe Springer would be interested in an SEC school not named Kentucky.
I pay attention to Meyer and also to Evan Daniels, the Director of Basketball Recruiting, for 247Sports.com. Daniels doesn't miss much and he only throws out "Crystal Ball" picks when he has inside information. He doesn't just "read the tea leaves". Daniels is currently 45/45 on his "Crystal Ball" picks for the 2020 class. He is 226/239 (94.56%) all time. Both Jerry Meyer and Evan Daniels have given Tennessee a Crystal Ball pick for Jaden Springer. It's hard to be pessimistic about this one.

This was in the recruiting thread, but I wanted to drop it off here since it's even more relevant to this thread. This is from Rob Lewis on VQ:

"I was told late last night that it would be today, but told now that it may not be aired until Monday or Tuesday. As I've been saying all week this is all about ESPN finding a place to fit it in and broadcast it on one of their platforms.

"Apologize for putting out that it would be today, but that was the info I got from an excellent source late last night. Again, I know some will find this hard to believe, there is no drama here. "

This was in the recruiting thread, but I wanted to drop it off here since it's even more relevant to this thread. This is from Rob Lewis on VQ:

"I was told late last night that it would be today, but told now that it may not be aired until Monday or Tuesday. As I've been saying all week this is all about ESPN finding a place to fit it in and broadcast it on one of their platforms.

"Apologize for putting out that it would be today, but that was the info I got from an excellent source late last night. Again, I know some will find this hard to believe, there is no drama here. "
Cue the ESPN sucks posts. We will probably see it some time next month.

Soooooo Springer is going to tape his announcement and not have it aired until next week. We all know this will likely leak.

According to this, he has already committed.

Rob Lewis says on Springer:

Announcement has already been videotaped and ESPN has it.
I was wondering if that was the case, when he mentioned when they air it, it sounded like it’s already been done. That explains the optimism from Lewis, he knows what the video is and that it hasn’t changed...that also explains a little on ESPN because it’s not a live announcement so they’re holding it in their pocket for a rainy day. Springer should just go ahead and post the video, but I also get why he would like for it to be nationally shown.

I pay attention to Meyer and also to Evan Daniels, the Director of Basketball Recruiting, for 247Sports.com. Daniels doesn't miss much and he only throws out "Crystal Ball" picks when he has inside information. He doesn't just "read the tea leaves". Daniels is currently 45/45 on his "Crystal Ball" picks for the 2020 class. He is 226/239 (94.56%) all time. Both Jerry Meyer and Evan Daniels have given Tennessee a Crystal Ball pick for Jaden Springer. It's hard to be pessimistic about this one.
Didn’t he have him CB’d to UNC before switching to us?

It is just a matter of days before Jaden Springer reveals which school that he will be attending next year. There was a belief that he was going to make his college decision on Friday, but I wouldn’t think that there is much more time before he commits to Tennessee. The Vols have done an awesome job of recruiting him in recent years and while Memphis and Michigan made him think twice, I will say that Springer is off of the board before Wednesday with Rick Barnes celebrating another monumental win along the recruiting trail.
-Corey Evans

Exactly what I want to hear. So now, somebody tell me who Corey Evans is and that he is 100% with his crystal balls, because he knows sh!t, hopefully ?

Corey Evans is a national basketball analyst with Rivals. They have Future Casts which is the general equivalent to Crystal Balls. I don't know his track record.

Jaden Springer spent the weekend at UT with Coach Barnes and staff. He was supposed to announce a college choice. Is there any news at all on Springer?

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back